Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rain Expected Throughout Kentucky Tomorrow Evening
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just checked www.weather.com and rain is expected throughout most of the day tomorrow.

Will this effect any games?
Weather always has some affect on a game! But is it to your advantage or your oppositions?
Heck yeah! It'll make the games that much more exciting! Everyone loves to play in the rain! That is, of course, unless you like to throw the ball, but we don't really worry about that too much here in Estill County.
I think with JC being a running team and Bryan Station about a 50/50 club that the rain will cause the Defenders to become one deminsional and will work to the Eagles advantage.
It seems that the majority of teams are going to a spread offense and passing every play. And always I think teams that go shotgun every play will be effected as well.
LOL I checked out the radar, kinda hoping to see a small system that would give me hope that it might miss Olive Hill.

One of the biggest Ive ever seen, stretches from Canada to Mexico, and is wide and way too much Yellow and Red for my liking.

Looks like Ohio will get hammered tonight, oughta really be some interesting games up there.
IRISH4 Wrote:I think with JC being a running team and Bryan Station about a 50/50 club that the rain will cause the Defenders to become one deminsional and will work to the Eagles advantage.

Turf field= weather has limited effect on outcome
Usually muddy nights in KY HS Football equals three or four major upsets across the state, and several games that should be blowouts which end up much closer than normal
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Turf field= weather has limited effect on outcome

For those that have played on an artificial surface as much as what I have will tend to agree to some extent. Yes the field is more stable and you don't have the fear of getting muck all over those pretty uniforms, but the pigskin will still get wet and receiver gloves become useless. If a team tries to air it out without being somewhat familiar on how a wet football feels in your hands when you go through the throwing motion or trying to catch a pass using your hands, not your body, they will find out that thing is slippery as a minner. So if a team is going to air it out, especially at this level, fans need to bring a shotgun because there will be a lot of wounded ducks in the sky.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Turf field= weather has limited effect on outcome

I know they have turf, but rain + ball + gloves = slick ball and gloves, which in turn = dropped passes and less ammount of offense.
Please Don't Rain!
IRISH4 Wrote:I know they have turf, but rain + ball + gloves = slick ball and gloves, which in turn = dropped passes and less ammount of offense.

Which can be offset by Defensive backs slipping as receivers break into their cut.

I agree that no passing team will be as effective as they normally are, but the same can be said for a running team like JCHS that depends on ball handling skills on playfakes and handoffs.

Comparing turf to a regular field, the potential for one team to gain a major advantage is greatly reduced.
Just looked at the radar and it looks pretty clear over Kentucky right now although everything north of Kentucky is covered by rain.

Their are a few cells going over Breathitt & Harlan counties.