Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Slovakia 82 Bulgaria 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is right, 82-0 victory in a womens hockey game! No typo here!

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/news/story?id=3577150
This is pathetic....why wouldn't the team just forfeit?

A score like this in hockey is unbelievable...a wooden goalie board (seen below) could stop more shots than that. Smile

[Image: f12192f4_lrg1.jpg]
Pathetic is right, but who cares Hockey is terrible.
Tailback44 Wrote:Pathetic is right, but who cares Hockey is terrible.

I care.

Hockey is quite interesting and entertaining if you take the time to learn the game.

There aren't many hockey teams around here, so kids don't grow up watching and learning the game like the do in other places. As opposed to kids who grow up playing basketball and football because there are programs for those sports in the area.

Have you ever actually watched a hockey game? And I mean watch one, not flip through the channels and watching for 20 seconds then changing the channel again.

Here is a good start for someone - it's the Winter Classic from last year. Went into OT

[YOUTUBE="2007 Winter Classic"]9je3EGSbrnQ[/YOUTUBE]

Or watch this and tell me you don't get goosebumps.

[YOUTUBE="Miracle on Ice"]CGACsSW4Iqw[/YOUTUBE]
Every time I watch that miracle on ice, I just get excited!!!! Awesome game to watch!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:I care.

Hockey is quite interesting and entertaining if you take the time to learn the game.

There aren't many hockey teams around here, so kids don't grow up watching and learning the game like the do in other places. As opposed to kids who grow up playing basketball and football because there are programs for those sports in the area.

Have you ever actually watched a hockey game? And I mean watch one, not flip through the channels and watching for 20 seconds then changing the channel again.

Here is a good start for someone - it's the Winter Classic from last year. Went into OT

[youtube="2007 Winter Classic"]9je3EGSbrnQ[/youtube]

Or watch this and tell me you don't get goosebumps.

[youtube="Miracle on Ice"]CGACsSW4Iqw[/youtube]

LOL
The amazing thing is, that the 82 goals was made on 139 shots.

But I have watched the Miracle on Ice before and I will agree it gives me goosebumps all the time. The true testament of the underdog.
-STAT- Wrote:The amazing thing is, that the 82 goals was made on 139 shots.

But I have watched the Miracle on Ice before and I will agree it gives me goosebumps all the time. The true testament of the underdog.

From the article I read, the coach of the Slovakia team said that they took the game like it was a practice. I can't remember how many each player had, but something like 14 different players scored the 82 goals.
I think they need a mercy rule.