Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts on NFL's 1st Week?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What are your thoughts on the 1st week of the NFL?

A few things stood out to me...

- Pittsburgh's offense totally dominated a really good Texans front 7.

- Brett Farve hasn't missed a beat.

- Denver is either really good or the Raiders are that bad.

- Aaron Rodgers didn't disappoint the fans at Lambeau.

- Cincinnati sucks.

- Miami looks much better than last season but come up short against the Jets.

- Tom Brady is lost for the season.

- Buffalo whips a good Seattle team.

- The Bears made the Colts look like a very bad team.

- Dallas didn't disappoint.

- Matt Ryan an the Falcons surprise everyone including me.

- Last but not least, Donovan McNabb & the Eagles looked awesome.
My Titans whipped the Jags and had 7 sacks in the Victory. I hope they do the same this weekend at Cinci. Big Grin
Pumped that Dallas looked as impressive as they did, on both sides of the ball. Especially the offensive side. Everything starts with the O-line, and they gave Romo all day in the pocket to the point that he was just standing there not worrying about the pressure. Very impressive performance from the Cowboys and we should expect a shootout between them and Philly next monday.

As for Cincinnati? Nothing really to say about them. When you get dominated by a rookie QB and can't make simple fundamental tackles, they are in for a long season. Hopefully they can fair better v.s. the Titans.

Brett Favre looked awesome on Sunday. Since Brady has went down, the Jets obviously would be the team to look at to win the AFC East, unless Cassel has an MVP caliber year. But Favre is and always will be the real deal. Looking forward to watching them play the Pats this weekend.

Overall it was a great opening weekend of the NFL. Except for the Patriots.
I thought it was an interesting first weekend. With Brady getting hurt and being done for the season. Also with some best teams (Colts, Chargers, Jags) getting beat on opening weekend. Also with Donovan McNabb and the Eagles winning big and also the Bills looking really good in there win. Also Favre played good just like he usually does.