Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Obama: "My Muslim Faith"...Oops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008/sep...s-critics/

Sen. Barack Obama's foes seized Sunday upon a brief slip of the tongue, when the Democratic presidential nominee was outlining his Christianity but accidentally said, "my Muslim faith."

He will be defending this (and seems to be cracking) until the bitter end. I know others will be quick to post on this say this is uncalled for and what all, but since this forum is reporting "everything" ugly about Republicans concerning FOX news alleged smear attacks and such, why not post this...
If this is all that the Right can bring up right now, then the Obama camp must be doing pretty well.
ComfortEagle Wrote:If this is all that the Right can bring up right now, then the Obama camp must be doing pretty well.

I feel the same way.

I don't really see an issue with the slip of tongue, especially considering the question.
Where was his teleprompter when he needed it?
Beetle01 Wrote:Where was his teleprompter when he needed it?

John McCain borrowed it...but he gave it back this morning because he couldn't see it with 72 year old eyes.
I doubt McCain would repeat any of the crap scrolling across Obama's teleprompter.
Beetle01 Wrote:I doubt McCain would repeat any of the crap scrolling across Obama's teleprompter.
Maybe so but what he says is no less crap.
Beetle01 Wrote:I doubt McCain would repeat any of the crap scrolling across Obama's teleprompter.

Oh, he repeated it all right: "I am an agent of change." Spoken by member of Keating 5. Spoken by guy in senate for a gazillion years (still no affordable healthcare for working poor; still no comprehensive plan for climate change (whether caused by humans or not, the planet is warming).
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I feel the same way.

I don't really see an issue with the slip of tongue, especially considering the question.

Seriously - slip of tongue? I doubt it.
Makes me wonder what's wrong with some people.
BballFan63 Wrote:Seriously - slip of tongue? I doubt it.
Makes me wonder what's wrong with some people.

I guess its just a matter of opinion, but the only reason this has any significance is the BS that has been spit out from the right wing propaganda machine.

If this is the all you can get to attack obama, then your argument against him is pretty weak.
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:I guess its just a matter of opinion, but the only reason this has any significance is the BS that has been spit out from the right wing propaganda machine.

If this is the all you can get to attack obama, then your argument against him is pretty weak.

No, that isn't all, but I'm not going any farther with it on here. It's not worth it. And, as you said, it is just a matter of opinion. I only hope that which ever one wins that things will improve.
I don't think B. Hussein Obama is a Muslim anymore than he is a Christian..........
lawrencefan Wrote:I don't think B. Hussein Obama is a Muslim anymore than he is a Christian..........
I could say the same about you. Would that give it any merit?
DevilsWin Wrote:I could say the same about you. Would that give it any merit?

Well true or not I did hear someone say that he believes everyone gets into heaven. It doesn't matter if they are atheist or not. He was referring to his mother. If this is what he truly believes then I could understand some people questing if he is really a Christian.

I never question anyone's beliefs but I can't say I don't have doubts, but its not a deciding factor in my vote. I would vote for Mitt Romney over Obama.
Beetle01 Wrote:Well true or not I did hear someone say that he believes everyone gets into heaven. It doesn't matter if they are atheist or not. He was referring to his mother. If this is what he truly believes then I could understand some people questing if he is really a Christian.

I never question anyone's beliefs but I can't say I don't have doubts, but its not a deciding factor in my vote. I would vote for Mitt Romney over Obama.
Mitt Romney is a member of a cult. :lmao:

I know you're not serious.
DevilsWin Wrote:I could say the same about you. Would that give it any merit?

I don't care if he worships pop cans! I don't want the guy to be president. From George Washington to B Hussein Obama, proof evolution is a hoax!
lawrencefan Wrote:I don't care if he worships pop cans! I don't want the guy to be president. From George Washington to B Hussein Obama, proof evolution is a hoax!

Yes, George Washington and Barack Obama were formed in god's image. Very nice sentiments of you.
lawrencefan Wrote:I don't care if he worships pop cans! I don't want the guy to be president. From George Washington to B Hussein Obama, proof evolution is a hoax!
Tell me about Herbert Hoover...............
thecavemaster Wrote:John McCain borrowed it...but he gave it back this morning because he couldn't see it with 72 year old eyes.

Why are some on here so quick to point out the "racists" undertones of some political ad and be outraged or offended by it,and then turn around and discriminate someone on the premise that they are too old? I just don't see how this is not a double standard. Age is a protected class in America.
72 is too old to be president when you have as bad health as John McCain.

A Healthy 72 year old would be a totally different deal.
DevilsWin Wrote:72 is too old to be president when you have as bad health as John McCain.

A Healthy 72 year old would be a totally different deal.

I guess we will have to disagree on whether or not McCain is healthy or not. He must be in pretty good shape to travel literally across the world and run for President. A lot of people have no idea how much energy it takes to do some of the things all these people do in such a short amount of time. If his health was really as bad as you suggest, I think it would have shown by now.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I guess we will have to disagree on whether or not McCain is healthy or not. He must be in pretty good shape to travel literally across the world and run for President. A lot of people have no idea how much energy it takes to do some of the things all these people do in such a short amount of time. If his health was really as bad as you suggest, I think it would have shown by now.

Melanoma is the most dangerous, deadly form of skin cancer. However, I am sure McCain has the absolute best medical care available...unlike the working poor. I don't think he has made the five year window, though.
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:I guess we will have to disagree on whether or not McCain is healthy or not. He must be in pretty good shape to travel literally across the world and run for President. A lot of people have no idea how much energy it takes to do some of the things all these people do in such a short amount of time. If his health was really as bad as you suggest, I think it would have shown by now.
You still haven't told me about Herbert Hoover.:confused:
DevilsWin Wrote:You still haven't told me about Herbert Hoover.:confused:

What about him?
lawrencefan Wrote:What about him?
From George Washington to Herbert Hoover, proof evolution is a hoax?
Udon'tKnowMe Wrote:Why are some on here so quick to point out the "racists" undertones of some political ad and be outraged or offended by it,and then turn around and discriminate someone on the premise that they are too old? I just don't see how this is not a double standard. Age is a protected class in America.

Did you read the context, the teleprompter context? Or, did you just skim 'em? In general, our sight declines as we age, just as African-Americans get sickle cell anemia and caucasians don't. That's not racism; that's not downing the old... that's reality. Plus, it was a sarcastic comment in response to a post you must not have read...oh, yea, you skimmed it.
People blow me away.

I brought up that he was previously a Muslim, and some of you criticized me and said that he hasn't been since he was young and that there's no threat of anything now.

If he was full-blown Catholic, he wouldn't have said the it because full-blown Catholic means he threw all that out the window and it's not part of him anymore- just as if he never was a Muslim.

I never have a slip of the tongue on something I'm not; I never say "Well, my Jewish heritage............" or anything like that that's completely nowhere near the truth.
BFritz Wrote:People blow me away.

I brought up that he was previously a Muslim, and some of you criticized me and said that he hasn't been since he was young and that there's no threat of anything now.

If he was full-blown Catholic, he wouldn't have said the it because full-blown Catholic means he threw all that out the window and it's not part of him anymore- just as if he never was a Muslim.

I never have a slip of the tongue on something I'm not; I never say "Well, my Jewish heritage............" or anything like that that's completely nowhere near the truth.

John Kennedy in Houston: Protestant ministers grill him about doing what the Pope says and not following Constitution. Inference? That his Catholicism rendered him an unsafe President. Let us say that Barack Obama calls "god" Allah and is a Molem (which I don't believe he is): are all Moslems terrorists? Unsafe as President? Plus, I know several people who grew up Catholic, no longer practice the Catholic religion, but might still, at times, say, "I'm Catholic" and by that not mean that they practice the religion. Obama says, "I am a Christian." He has gone to a Christian church for a long time. Long commitment to a ruse, wouldn't you say? What is your inference by the way? Were you in Houson?
DevilsWin Wrote:You still haven't told me about Herbert Hoover.:confused:
I am confused....when did I say anything about Herbert Hoover?
thecavemaster Wrote:Did you read the context, the teleprompter context? Or, did you just skim 'em? In general, our sight declines as we age, just as African-Americans get sickle cell anemia and caucasians don't. That's not racism; that's not downing the old... that's reality. Plus, it was a sarcastic comment in response to a post you must not have read...oh, yea, you skimmed it.

Why so combative? I was looking at the big pitcure and not just that one post, I guess my point would have been clearer if I had not quoted your responce. However, my point is that some people are saying McCain uses race/religion to his advantage; even though, he stated on the record that HE would vote for a Muslim if he/she were best for the job. Here is another piece of reality, older people get offended when they hear "too old to do something" and old people vote. I doubt Sen. Obama pushes this issue, many of his supporters will but the higher ups will back off.
Pages: 1 2