Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs. West Carter - Sept. 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can the comets keep it close?

Probably not.
There's no way they keep it close. Unless the Red Devils don't get on the bus to go to Olive Hill.
Russell struts there stuff!!!!!!
The cheerleaders may match up fine but for the fooball team, don't think so....They run the veer well but no match for the Red Devils....45-7
Running clock in the 3rd Quarter, Russell scores 50 early and then the JV and freshmen play the entire 4th quarter... AND SCORE !!!!. WC scores late in the game on a deep pass. and then recover a fumble and run it in on the freshmen....
Russell 54
West Carter 14
I would like to see coach let the team set 1 or 2 passing records in this game. These kids have the skill and should be allowed to do so.

This early season schedule is hurting Russell, they usually depend on the games to get them in shape, this will make 2 out of 3 games the starters will only play about half the game.
Sorry West the Red Devil machine will keep rolling strong.
I love the Devils, but it it saddens me to watch a lopsided football game! I wish the Comets well, and hope all the players enjoy themselves without injury! GO RUSSELL!!
Russell 52

West Carter 7
Russell is to good of a program to have to play some of the teams the KHSAA makes them play.

No offense to these teams meant, but Russell is in a different class.
SmackDaddy2 Wrote:I love the Devils, but it it saddens me to watch a lopsided football game! I wish the Comets well, and hope all the players enjoy themselves without injury! GO RUSSELL!!
You know we get on here and complain about the private schools and how they are always better because of blah, blah, blah. But you know for a schools team to improve they must be challenged. Their is something good that will come out of this for West Carter. Russell is a solid team, not state material as of yet. But they do have a definite shot, just like all of the rest of the schools in eastern Kentucky. IMO it takes a dominating team to improve the district. In due time they will reach up and be a contender. But sad to say they will have to struggle this time in this contest. It was the Belfry and Ashland and various other teams that made Russell step up and be that contender. I do agree with you about lopsidedness, however they have some great atheletes, all schools have some who definitly stand out. Teaching them correctly is the key. Good Luck West Carter hope for no injuries and in the future you will get there.
Any news on the kid form TX? Is he still waiting word from the KHSAA? I thought he would be able to start practice this week.

Of course the KHSAA runs a close third as the most useless sports association in the world, just ahead of it are the NCAA and the IOC, who are tied in my book.
Beetle01 Wrote:Any news on the kid form TX? Is he still waiting word from the KHSAA? I thought he would be able to start practice this week.

Of course the KHSAA runs a close third as the most useless sports association in the world, just ahead of it are the NCAA and the IOC, who are tied in my book.

I keep hearing he will be at practice but nothing yet.
Beetle01 Wrote:Any news on the kid form TX? Is he still waiting word from the KHSAA? I thought he would be able to start practice this week.

Still waiting on paper work.
Not to get off topic who do you guys play after West?
kybaseball Wrote:Not to get off topic who do you guys play after West?

Ashland
I think after this game A.J. gets some love.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Ashland

Thank you kindly for the info.The Tomcats maybe sore after this weeks game.

Good luck to the Devils against the Comets.
Russell BIG.
Russell "Large"
AJ should have 300 yards passing Friday. I heard that WC is huge and loves to hit. I heard that they get winded quick..... Should open up our receivers alot.. Mikey Dillon should have 4 catches in the game.... SHOULD !!!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:AJ should have 300 yards passing Friday. I heard that WC is huge and loves to hit. I heard that they get winded quick..... Should open up our receivers alot.. Mikey Dillon should have 4 catches in the game.... SHOULD !!!!!
They have to throw him the ball first.
I think all the recievers and backs should get atleast 5 catches a game.

Of course when you put up more points then you ran plays, its kinda hard to get everyone involved as much as we would all like to see.

From the new plays Dave showed me they are putting in. One of two things are going to happen. Either teams are going to stop the run and get killed by the pass. Or they are going to have to play us without loading the box. In that case I'd be willing to wager everyone of our backs would average over 7 maybe 8 yards per carry. No matter who they play.
Lets not forget to mention, Will Rice hasn't even had a chance to run wild yet. Both games so far the opposing team has been 100% commited to stopping the between the tackles run. So we've killed them on the outsides and with the pass. Teams will have to adjust their defensive strategy, which will open up Rice.
Devil09 Wrote:I think after this game A.J. gets some love.

Yeah west carter is a great team...its tough to throw against them haha
I don't think I would look for the "Air McGlone" offense to debut in this game with the weather forcast as it is.
Was Ivan :rockon: at the freshman game tonight?
Russell by 4 or 5 TD's.