Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: WYMT Mountain Top 10 (Week 3)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
1.Bell Co.
2.Belfry
3.Johnson Central
4.Letcher Central
5.Prestonsburg
6.Hazard
7.Rockcastle
8.Corbin
9.South Laurel
10.Sheldon Clark
Top 10 looks very good. I do think Breathitt County will climb back ino the top 10. South Laurel is a very dangerous team and have worked very hard to get into the top 10 just like sheldon clark.
Corbin is much better than Rockcastle. See what happens!
IMO that is the strongest top 10 the mountains have had in a while.
Goodness...

Breathitt Co.'s loss knocked them completely out and did nothing for Prestonsburg.

The top 2 are going to be there all season, IMO. Besides being very good, they play relatively light schedules.

:eek:
How in the world does Sheldon Clark always appear in the top 10...They have had two great come from behind wins, but Breathitt Co. has played two really good teams and deserves to be in there...When we get to the end of the season, near the regional championship games, see who is still standing...I guarantee the Bobcats will be there and SC will not.
oneijoe Wrote:Goodness...

Breathitt Co.'s loss knocked them completely out and did nothing for Prestonsburg.

The top 2 are going to be there all season, IMO. Besides being very good, they play relatively light schedules.

:eek:

Its mostly because they are good, as is Johnson Central. I do not see the top three changing a lot until the last week of the regular season...I pick Belfry to beat JC, but it very well could be the other way...There is a lot of football between now and then...The schedules do not make much of a difference...Year in and year out Belfry and Bell are usually playing deep into November and December.
The only one i disagree with would be LCC....i would drop them to 7 behind hazard but other than that leave it the same.
bucslover68 Wrote:How in the world does Sheldon Clark always appear in the top 10...They have had two great come from behind wins, but Breathitt Co. has played two really good teams and deserves to be in there...When we get to the end of the season, near the regional championship games, see who is still standing...I guarantee the Bobcats will be there and SC will not.

If the bobcats had Belfry in their district, they would not be standing at the end of the season.
bucslover68 Wrote:Its mostly because they are good, as is Johnson Central. I do not see the top three changing a lot until the last week of the regular season...I pick Belfry to beat JC, but it very well could be the other way...There is a lot of football between now and then...The schedules do not make much of a difference...Year in and year out Belfry and Bell are usually playing deep into November and December.

Actually, I didn't say "top 3" in my last post because Central's schedule is much more difficult than the two teams above them.

It will be harder for Central to keep 3rd than Bell and Belfry to keep 1st and 2nd through the season...until that final Friday matchup.
OldDawg Wrote:The only one i disagree with would be LCC....i would drop them to 7 behind hazard but other than that leave it the same.

Are you crazy? Have you seen LCC play this year? Take some time to watch them play and you'll think twice about that...
Hail Mary Wrote:If the bobcats had Belfry in their district, they would not be standing at the end of the season.

Very true.
oneijoe Wrote:Actually, I didn't say "top 3" in my last post because Central's schedule is much more difficult than the two teams above them.

It will be harder for Central to keep 3rd than Bell and Belfry to keep 1st and 2nd through the season...until that final Friday matchup.

Yea i see what you are saying...I think Belfry and Bell will stay the same and JC may have a better chance to lose before the final week...It will be interesting to say the least.
yea ive seen them play 23 and im not all that impressed...i wasnt last year. Just for conversation and i understand this year is a new year. Hazard beat last season Letcher, Clay Co., and PCC who were all in the same 5a district and couldve easily beaten the other teams in the district. Say what you want but the only team that gave us a game last season was clay co...and LCC lost seniors. I have seen them play and i feel they are weaker than the top 6 teams.....just my opinon they deserve top 10 definitely. I believe they should be #7 behind those 6 keeping the same order.
bucslover68 Wrote:Its mostly because they are good, as is Johnson Central. I do not see the top three changing a lot until the last week of the regular season...I pick Belfry to beat JC, but it very well could be the other way...There is a lot of football between now and then...The schedules do not make much of a difference...Year in and year out Belfry and Bell are usually playing deep into November and December.

With the injuries to Grim and Welch and the controversy surrounding Harlow last year, the folks on Pond Creek did not see the REAL Johnson Central.

Hopefully, both teams avoid injuries this year and freakishly timed reporting by certain people of certain things, and we'll have an honest throwdown between both teams, because I'm looking forward to JC and Belfry at full strengths this year.
I would switch Belfry and JC.
Diogenes Wrote:With the injuries to Grim and Welch and the controversy surrounding Harlow last year, the folks on Pond Creek did not see the REAL Johnson Central.

Hopefully, both teams avoid injuries this year and freakishly timed reporting by certain people of certain things, and we'll have an honest throwdown between both teams, because I'm looking forward to JC and Belfry at full strengths this year.

I agree with you to a certain point, but Welch had a heck of a game against Belfry and the couple of holes that Grim had he ran awfully strong, although any true fan knows he wasn't at a hundred percent...The other deal you mentioned i don't know about...Also, Elkins got hurt for Belfry about the time the momentum shifted to JC's way so things equal out...Remember you may or may not see the "real" team on a given night, but the team that is out there is the "real" team for that night and last year Belfry was by far the best team...That being said, JC has a great chance this year against the Pirates and Belfry definitely needs that type of challenge heading into the playoffs.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I would switch Belfry and JC.

I wouldn't necessarily disagree with you at this point, but based on what???....Point being, put a little meat on your argument, ha ha...If i was going to put JC ahead of Belfry at this point it would be because JC has two impressive wins and Belfry has 1, but that is about it...There is really no way to compare this early in the season, but the good thing is in week 11 they can just settle it on the field.