Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry vs. Magoffin (Predictions)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Way too much Belfry.....

Belfry - 55
Magoffin Co. - 0
Dang it BP...that's my prediction for games like this!!!

BHS - 55
MCHS - 0
I have to say as much as belfry wants to put up.
i hope the offense plays better, but belfry will win by a couple tds anyway.
I don't think the Hornets will stop with zero as a score.
eingram003 Wrote:I don't think the Hornets will stop with zero as a score.
The Hornets will stop at zero if Belfry wants it to be zero.
This is a huge mismatch.
eingram003 Wrote:I don't think the Hornets will stop with zero as a score.

Belfry is a class act. They understand that the Hornets are rebuilding and wouldnt run up the score. Hazard is another storyRolleyes
torQQue Wrote:Belfry is a class act. They understand that the Hornets are rebuilding and wouldnt run up the score. Hazard is another storyRolleyes

I just want to tell you all the Hornets respect the Pirates and thats all the talk about is how good they are and I agree that Belfry could run up the score, but I just can't see it being a zero game, take it from someone who is really, really close to these young men in Magoffin county. thumpsup.g
Belfry is class!
Don't mis-understand me. They won't run up the score but they won't allow another team to score meaningless touchdowns.
They take a lot of pride in shutouts more than big scores.
CBS Sports Wrote:Belfry is class!
Don't mis-understand me. They won't run up the score but they won't allow another team to score meaningless touchdowns.
They take a lot of pride in shutouts more than big scores.

Exactly......

Haywood will take the starters out and open up the play book to work on other things. He will never run up the score, but if the freshman & jv scores on the varsity....it's not on purpose.
eingram003 Wrote:I just want to tell you all the Hornets respect the Pirates and thats all the talk about is how good they are and I agree that Belfry could run up the score, but I just can't see it being a zero game, take it from someone who is really, really close to these young men in Magoffin county. thumpsup.g

Do you remember a guy that play in the late 90s named Greyson Smith. MaGoffin County was a tough outting back in the those days. Im sure they will get there again with time. I wish the Hornets and the Pirates the best. thumpsup.g
Belfry by as many as they want.
torQQue Wrote:Do you remember a guy that play in the late 90s named Greyson Smith. MaGoffin County was a tough outting back in the those days. Im sure they will get there again with time. I wish the Hornets and the Pirates the best. thumpsup.g

Yes he was our off/ def coordinator last year and they had an excellent team and coach in the days he played, I was in high school those days.
I say Belfry 42 Magoffin 7
After talking to one of my good friends about Belfry I would say they wont run up the score that bad. Best of luck to both teams.
Belfry is the best but also a class act. Lets just play the game and get on with the season. Magoffin needs to prove they are no push over.
eingram003 Wrote:Yes he was our off/ def coordinator last year and they had an excellent team and coach in the days he played, I was in high school those days.

Yes, I played against him. He was only sophomore though when I was a senior. He was really good. Im glad he came back up there to help those boys.
Sports Fanatic Wrote:Belfry is the best but also a class act. Lets just play the game and get on with the season. Magoffin needs to prove they are no push over.

Is Magoffin young this year? Or are they just thin. I think that is alot of the problems with some of the mountain schools programs. There just isnt many kids coming out for football due to the fact that the schools are becoming less and less populated. Mainly due to the ecomony. When I graduated at South Floyd there were 500 students. Now there is about 175 total. Thats a huge decrease in less than 10 years.
Belfry
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:i hope the offense plays better, but belfry will win by a couple tds anyway.
Remember that when Magoffin plays PB. Belfry is THE program. Magoffin just needs to play hard and keep their heads up no matter the outcome. Mag will dress 26 players down from 40 at the beginning of practice. Lots of athletes at Mag but they have no desire to play sports. Go figure. Magoffin is young and inexperienced on both lines along with a first yr QB. Go Hornets. Hope no injuries to either squad Fri nite.
torQQue Wrote:Is Magoffin young this year? Or are they just thin. I think that is alot of the problems with some of the mountain schools programs. There just isnt many kids coming out for football due to the fact that the schools are becoming less and less populated. Mainly due to the ecomony. When I graduated at South Floyd there were 500 students. Now there is about 175 total. Thats a huge decrease in less than 10 years.

Magoffin hasn't had a weight lifting program as of yet and with the change
in administration and some much needed monies, maybe they will do alot better. Like myself when I was in high school and many others today we leave to far from the school and this makes it pretty tough getting to and fro. The players mostly live close to the school so its much easier for them. Hopefully someday soon we could provide much needed transportation in the outer areas of the county for anyone interested in playing football or any sport.
eingram003 Wrote:Magoffin hasn't had a weight lifting program as of yet and with the change
in administration and some much needed monies, maybe they will do alot better. Like myself when I was in high school and many others today we leave to far from the school and this makes it pretty tough getting to and fro. The players mostly live close to the school so its much easier for them. Hopefully someday soon we could provide much needed transportation in the outer areas of the county for anyone interested in playing football or any sport.
There will be a weight program at Magoffin after this season.
Sports Fanatic Wrote:There will be a weight program at Magoffin after this season.

Thats good to hear. These guys deserve to have the opportunity to get in shape off the field as well as on. Thanks for the heads up.
Weight Lifting is a must in a football program.
I think belfry will run away with this one. but good luck to both teams...
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I think belfry will run away with this one. but good luck to both teams...

Like I have suggested before I think Magoffin should hold off a year or two on the district play, like they did in 89 and 90 and they did great those years,plus I think the school is going to provide them with much needed support and its about time. I think they could build the program a little easier this way. Just my thoughts.
eingram003 Wrote:Like I have suggested before I think Magoffin should hold off a year or two on the district play, like they did in 89 and 90 and they did great those years,plus I think the school is going to provide them with much needed support and its about time. I think they could build the program a little easier this way. Just my thoughts.

If I remember right the Hornets where pretty good back when Greyson Smith played. They also had a hell of QB during that time too. Mid to late 90s..
torQQue Wrote:If I remember right the Hornets where pretty good back when Greyson Smith played. They also had a hell of QB during that time too. Mid to late 90s..
The Qb you are talking about is Mike Caba and yes he was very good. Cool
CraftCreeker Wrote:The Qb you are talking about is Mike Caba and yes he was very good. Cool

And a great coach Mick Caba and some very great players all around.
The only way Magoffin scores is if it is off of the JV team in this one....

Belfry 56
Magoffin 6.... Magoffin will get their chance because you will be seeing JV most of the second half.
Its finally Friday. The Pirates of Belfry are coming to the Hornets Nest.Good Luck to both, hope neither has any injuries.
Pages: 1 2