Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The best boys basketball team in perry county in the past 10 years
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
IMO, it has to be Robinson back in the 05-06 season. They had D.J. Wilson who is at Clay County, Channing Fugate who is now the starting back for breathitt's football team, Cody Campbell and Tyler Mullins who play for Perry Central, Dustin Ballard who plays for Leslie, and there 6th guy was Jon Stacy who plays for Cordia.

This team was reall good.
Shannon Hoskins could of beaten those boys by himself. He led Willard to the County Championship in 1988. He averaged 51 points a game that year by the way. He also average 24 for MC Napier's Varsiity that same year.
I said past 10 years, not 20.
I dont care if you said 50 years. Shannon was the best along with Cavanaugh Trent that went to RW Combs. Those guys are legends. Both of them could lay a beating still on you younger punks by the way. Im sure we can arrange a game sometime. :flame:
Yeah, I know that they was better than this team, but there are very few teams in the history of perry county grade school that has been better than this team. Trust me, i've been around for awhile and I have seen lots of teams. The Trent R.W team was a better team but make a thread and put best teams in the past 50 years because this is 10 years, get that through your skull. If you don't understand that then your in trouble. If you can name a team that was better than this team in the past 10 years then name them but you won't be able to because there isnt any team.
The AB Combs team from 06-07 would of killed the Robinson team that you are referring to. Eric Back, Alex Sizemore, Eric Ison, Axel Sizemore, Dustin Brewer, and several others would of beat Robinson easily. That Robinson team was good though, to **** bad none of those deadbeats went to Perry County Central. Good job Coach Stacy, you really done the county a lot of good working with those kids.
Hey, I know Jerry Stacy very well and he tried very hard to get D.J. Wilson to go to perry(who by the way is way better than erick back or Alex Sizemore). Jerry set up a meeting with Big Al and D.J. and everything. But other than him he told everyone else to go where they think they would be happy. Channing's family is big on football so he went to Breathitt because his brother was the starting QB. D.J. went to Clay county because he wanted to play fo Spurlock. Dustin Ballard went to Leslie county because that is where he grew up. The Stacy twins went to Cordia because Jerry is an assistant coach.

The team that beat A.B. when the bearcats had Kelly, Jerry didn't force them to go nowhere. Presley Campbell(who was the best player in the county that year,IMO) went to Perry but transfered to Hazard. Kolbe Fugate went to Breathitt because his brother was going there and his family was big on football. Jeremy Davis went to a perry county school but it was buckhorn. The others never played high school ball except for the guy who hit the shot that beat A.B. he went to Cordia. Jerry is a coach that doesn't force nothing to his players, he told them to go where they felt comfortable with going to. The boys made their decisions on going to them schools, so don't blame Jerry because I saw Jeryy rooting for Perry all the time when his sons was in grade school.

On the teams, that Robinson team, D.J. and Channing was both better than Eric Back. And the Robinson role players was defiently better than there role players. I'd take a Cody Campbell, Tyler Mullins and a Dustin Ballard over a Alex Sizemore, Eric Ison, and a Axel Sizemore anyday of the week.
Crazyhorse you really are crazy. Eric Back is a better athlete than anyone on that Robinson team you are referring to. He is twice better in basketball than DJ or any of those other deadbeats you named. By the way Channing dont even play basketball does he? Back is a much better football player than Fugate as well. So lets not even compare apples to oranges. Back is the best athlete to come out of Perry County in a long time. And I know for a fact that the Sizemore boys would killed any of the scrubs that played for Robinson. :letsparty
Lissen man, we just got to agree to disagree

But one thing that I do got to put out there is this. The talent in the 05-06 season was better than the talent in the 06-07 season. The chavies of 05-06 was better than chavies of 06-07. The rw of 05-06 was better than the rw of 06-07. The buckhorn of 05-06 was better than the buckhorn of 06-07. The ab of 05-06 was better than the ab of 06-07. The robinson of 05-06 was better than the robinson of 06-07.

Now, back in the 05-06 season ab had everybody they had in the 06-07 season plus they had Chris Noble, that ab team was awesome. The robinson team of 05-06 beat ab that year 3 times. In the pre-season tourney they beat them 40+ points, the other two games was blowouts aswell. So dont say that ab of 06-07 was better than robinson of 05-06 because they are not even better than the ab team of 05-06.

Now, with the players conversation. Eric is defiently better than Channing on the ball court but not on the field. Channing will go D-1no doubt. But Eric, and D.J. are pretty even i guess on the court. Both are great all around ball players. D.J. being the best players to come out of robinson and Eric being one of the best to come out of ab. Also, the role players thing. No way that there role players are better than Tyler Mullins who plays ahead of them boys at pcc, Cody Campbell, who is an awesome defender, and Dustin Ballard who is starting this year at Leslie. But we just got to agree to disagree.
warmachine Wrote:The AB Combs team from 06-07 would of killed the Robinson team that you are referring to. Eric Back, Alex Sizemore, Eric Ison, Axel Sizemore, Dustin Brewer, and several others would of beat Robinson easily. That Robinson team was good though, to **** bad none of those deadbeats went to Perry County Central. Good job Coach Stacy, you really done the county a lot of good working with those kids.

yea...steven frasure and the leatherwood wildcats gave them the closest game that season...they were tied up almost the entire game with robinson...there is no doubt in my mind that the 06-07 AB combs team would have slaughtered them
Dawg15 Wrote:yea...steven frasure and the leatherwood wildcats gave them the closest game that season...they were tied up almost the entire game with robinson...there is no doubt in my mind that the 06-07 AB combs team would have slaughtered them

Your crazy, the 05-06 ab team was better than the 06-07 ab team. Robinson beat ab in 05-06 by 44 points.The 05-06 Robinson team won the county title by 27 points beating a rw team that was better than the 06-07 ab team. The Leatherwood game in the semi-finals of the county tourney was not close, Robinson beat them 20+, and had a horable game. Earlier that year Robinson beat Leatherwood by 30 or more.
Dawg15 Wrote:yea...steven frasure and the leatherwood wildcats gave them the closest game that season...they were tied up almost the entire game with robinson...there is no doubt in my mind that the 06-07 AB combs team would have slaughtered them

How many players off that 06-07 ab combs team is playing high school ball. Then look at the 05-06 robinson team. I can not count on one hand for Robinson. They beat a ab combs team with all the players from the 06-07 team plus Chris Noble and beat them 44 points in an absolute man slaughter. This is without a doubt an easy answer. Robinson Bluejays 05-06