Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BluegrassRivals.com Eastern Kentucky Top 20 (Week 2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BGR EKY Top 20 (Week 2)

[FONT="]1. [/FONT]Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Johnson Central
4. Russell
5. Prestonsburg
6. Breathitt County
7. Corbin
8. Hazard
9. Letcher County Central
10. Rockcastle County
11. Knox Central
12. Southwestern
13. Raceland
14. South Laurel
15. Whitley County
16. Pulaski County
17. Sheldon Clark
18. Clay County
19. Mason County
20. Pikeville

Others Receiving Votes (Harlan County, Fleming County, Shelby Valley, Boyd County, Lynn Camp, Ashland Blazer, Bath County, Estill County)

[SIZE=2]Discuss Below...

[/SIZE]
I don't understand how that worked out. JC handled Bell in the pre-season. Gotta think 2 and 3 need a flip flop.
Belfry is overrated just a little!!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Belfry is overrated just a little!!!!

I disagree.

Bell County faced one team last season that was worth bragging about playing and they got thumped. Johnson Central played Belfry last season and Belfry controlled that game from start to finish 28-12. Then Russell loses to Breathitt County by a few and Belfry absolutely hammers Breathitt County 68-28.

Belfry returns nearly their whole team, so how are they overrated "a little"?
I don't see why sheldon clark is so low? can someone tell me?...
JCpride Wrote:I don't understand how that worked out. JC handled Bell in the pre-season. Gotta think 2 and 3 need a flip flop.

Pre-season is practice, neither team showcased there stuff im sure. There is plenty of time for it to change, and I'm sure it will.
da_boss Wrote:I don't see why sheldon clark is so low? can someone tell me?...

That's just how we voted, each person that's eligible to vote posts their top 20 and I add them up to combine one.

This ranking will raise some questions but it based on opinion by the staff at BGR.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:That's just how we voted, each person that's eligible to vote posts their top 20 and I add them up to combine one.

This ranking will raise some questions but it based on opinion by the staff at BGR.
So who's voting and who decided who could vote?
DevilsWin Wrote:So who's voting and who decided who could vote?
I agree, how can you rank these teams knowing most couldn't or won't play each other....the only way is to rank them in thier respective class, that makes more sense...IMO
DevilsWin Wrote:So who's voting and who decided who could vote?

jgrubby Wrote:I agree, how can you rank these teams knowing most couldn't or won't play each other....the only way is to rank them in thier respective class, that makes more sense...IMO

I'm not going to reveal who votes unless they want to reveal themselves and all of our staff members are eligible to vote.

I see what your getting to jgrubby, and I myself wanted to rank teams by classification and the staff agreed that they were not familiar enough with teams from other parts of the state, and if you hadn't noticed nearly all of our members are from eastern Kentucky. That's why we thought it would be a better idea to just go ahead and make it east Kentucky rankings instead of a 1-6A rankings.

As the site grows and we get more members from the central and western part of the state, I'm sure that you will see rankings done by each class instead of one part of the state.
I think the top 20 looks pretty good overall.
I believe Letcher Central is underated. They could beat Prestonsburg, Breathitt County and could beat Hazard easily. I also believe Harlan County should be somewhere in the top 15.
Lawrence County beat pikeville pretty easy..
Is this based on opinion?

If it is maybe things need to be re-examined.

Looks like some members are voting without looking at each teams performances or they're voting for their favorite teams.
DevilsWin Wrote:Is this based on opinion?

Looks like some members are voting without looking at each teams performances or they're voting for their favorite teams.

What do you think is wrong with our rankings?

All rankings are based on opinion, coaches polls, AP polls, etc.
It looks to me like Mason Co, Sheldon Clark is a bit suspect.
DevilsWin Wrote:It looks to me like Mason Co, Sheldon Clark is a bit suspect.

IMO, Mason County shouldn't be on there and Sheldon Clark should be higher.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:IMO, Mason County shouldn't be on there and Sheldon Clark should be higher.
I think they both should be higher than Hazard and Mason should be higher than Sheldon Clark.
DevilsWin Wrote:I think they both should be higher than Hazard and Mason should be higher than Sheldon Clark.

I don't think that they should be as high as Hazard. The Bulldogs lost to a very good Green County team who is top 7 in most 2A polls.

Their really isn't one weak team in our rankings, maybe some of the lowers can beat some those higher ranked teams but its pretty solid IMO.
mjballer23 Wrote:Lawrence County beat pikeville pretty easy..

No, they didn't. Lawrence County lost to North Laurel this past wekend, while Pikeville lost to Corbin.

Please do your research next time you post.
how is pikeville ranked 20 when they lost and Shelby Valley isn't even ranked.. I know there not that great of a team but pikeville lost and Valley won. IMO Valley should be 20 and pikeville not up there
Your crazy... There is no way that Hazard should be ranked above Letcher Central this year. Are you kidding me? They lost an opener that they were favored to win. Last year I could see this. This year? No.. No way.. What's even funnier is that Prestonsburg is ranked 5th..
DevilsWin Wrote:Is this based on opinion?

BlackcatAlum Wrote:All rankings are based on opinion, coaches polls, AP polls, etc.

Like Blackcat said, all poll rankings are based on opinions of the voters. I think all the staff members who voted did so using their heads and not their hearts, because most of the rank lists were similar, especially at the top.

I do not care to admit that I was one of the voters, and I did so based mostly on how the teams played last week. A small factor in my rankings was how good I expected them to be before the season, which is naturally based in part on how good last year's team was.

DW, which team do you think is higher than they should be (on the assumption that someone is voting for their favorite school)?
NYY10 Wrote:how is pikeville ranked 20 when they lost and Shelby Valley isn't even ranked.. I know there not that great of a team but pikeville lost and Valley won. IMO Valley should be 20 and pikeville not up there

Even though Pikeville lost, they held their own against one of the top teams in 2A.

Yes, some voted for Valley but they beat a very weak East Ridge team. I'm sure if Valley can continue their success with a win this Friday they may be in the top 20.
NYY10 Wrote:how is pikeville ranked 20 when they lost and Shelby Valley isn't even ranked.. I know there not that great of a team but pikeville lost and Valley won. IMO Valley should be 20 and pikeville not up there

Pikeville lost to a very good Corbin team. A Corbin team that is deff top 10 team in the Mts. Valley beat a not so good team in East Ridge . Im not taking anything away from SV but I think Pikeville is a better team but hey as the season goes on and if Valley keeps on winning, Im sure they'll sneak right into the top 20.

Simple... look at the competition each team faced.

Pikeville faced the team ranked #7 in the BGR Top 20, Corbin, and lost by one touchdown. Not a bad showing at all.

Shelby Valley won in a blowout, but then their opponent was East Ridge, a team in transition who won all of two games last year (before the forfeits).

So basically, I agree with the rankings. SV needs to prove it can do more than blow out a weaker team, while Pikeville gets some credit for hanging with one of the better mountain teams.
Yea scheldon Clark should be at least top 10 or 12 and SC is better than mason ever thought about being so i guess we will see in the playoffs wont we( if) mason makes it.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Your crazy... There is no way that Hazard should be ranked above Letcher Central this year. Are you kidding me? They lost an opener that they were favored to win. Last year I could see this. This year? No.. No way.. What's even funnier is that Prestonsburg is ranked 5th..

Once again, it's simple. Look at the competiton.

Hazard played Green County, a team that went 11-1 last year and was ranked in the state 2A preseason top 10. They played close but lost by 9.

Meanwhile, Letcher Central played Harlan County, a team from a brand-new school who is just now trying to establish a winning tradition. LCC won a very close game by 10.

So, to me, Hazard's close loss was at least as impressive as LCC's win. The season will tell who ends up being the better team.
LetcherCentral23 Wrote:Your crazy... There is no way that Hazard should be ranked above Letcher Central this year. Are you kidding me? They lost an opener that they were favored to win. Last year I could see this. This year? No.. No way.. What's even funnier is that Prestonsburg is ranked 5th..

Smile

I hope that your kidding... Hazard did defeat Letcher Central 43-22 last season @ Letcher Central. Hazard lost 1 player off of last years team. Green County is a really good team that won 11 games last season. As for Prestonsburg being ranked 5th, they lost 5 starters from last years team that lost in regional's to a very, very good DeSales team.

Letcher Central will climb up the rankings as the season goes along, and everyone knows that. But they lost a lot of key players off of their team from last season, plus they only return 1 linemen.
Hazard was not favored to win except by the fans in EKY. Green County was favored and could have won by a larger margin but made several mistakes on XP's. Both teams played hard and will improve.
Pages: 1 2