Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyd County vs. Russell - Sept. 5
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Both teams looked good in their openers. Can the Lions burn the Devils?
nope it will be a great game but the devils come out on top
RHS-35 BCHS-14
No:dontthink but stranger things have happen.I will pick Russell 21-8.
How "up "does the Boyd Co. team get for their annual meeting with the Red Devils? Seems Boyd Co. shines more for this game than any other on their schedule but this Friday Russell will be the one shinning after their 1st. home game. Russell by 3 td's
Boyd scores first makes the devils think, (Actually a reality check!), Then the Devils pull it together for a surge and never looks back.

Russell- 28
Boyd - 14
jgrubby Wrote:Boyd scores first makes the devils think, (Actually a reality check!), Then the Devils pull it together for a surge and never looks back.

Russell- 28
Boyd - 14

i Agree...can definately happen this way
Russell by 2 touchdowns.
Boyd always plays Russell tough.
I'll take the Red Devils by 2 touchdowns.
Russell should pull this one out. If it is a night of fumbles and disorder anything could happen though!
I think Russell will win the game. However we all remember what happened several years back when Boyd County gave Russell a reality check and smacked the Devils in the mouth. I may have been the best thing that ever happened to the Devils that year. It let them know that they could be beat. Some of the seniors may remember that game.
Russell
Wheres it at?
mjballer23 Wrote:Wheres it at?
Its at Russell. It will be the first game on the new Bermuda grass turf at Henry R. Evans Stadium.
Is it JFL night?? I have not heard anything about it.. Just wondering.?????

OH I almost forgot.
Russell 42
Boyd Co 10

Reality check indeed.. but not what everyone else predicts.... Just a feeling..
I say Russell by 3 TD's.
I'd have to go with Russell, but they better not overlook Boyd Co. They know what has happened in the past when they do!
EKY Sportster Wrote:I'd have to go with Russell, but they better not overlook Boyd Co. They know what has happened in the past when they do!
Yeah they won State!!!
1st team once again scores on every possession. BC could play them tough, but I don't think this team is going to overlook anyone.

Russell 49
BC 14
jgrubby Wrote:Yeah they won State!!!

I was talking about the match-up itself. Using your logic, it may be best if Boyd upsets Russell. lol
Boyd is bigger and more experienced up front on both sides of the football.

Russell is more experienced at the skill positions and probably has superior atheletes.

Boyd Co will test Russell's passing game and can stop the run. East Carter's QB Draw was their bread and butter against Boyd and was the only thing they could get going.
Russell will probably use the QB counter and if they can block it's gonna be 6pts for Russell.

Boyd has a bunch of experience and athleticism in their secondary.

Wilson is a very effective passer with good recievers is elusive out of the pocket and not afraid to take a hit.

Word to the wise:
Every pass East Carter threw last week was tipped by a Boyd Co defender.
DevilsWin Wrote:Boyd is bigger and more experienced up front on both sides of the football.

Russell is more experienced at the skill positions and probably has superior atheletes.

Boyd Co will test Russell's passing game and can stop the run. East Carter's QB Draw was their bread and butter against Boyd and was the only thing they could get going.
Russell will probably use the QB counter and if they can block it's gonna be 6pts for Russell.

Boyd has a bunch of experience and athleticism in their secondary.

Wilson is a very effective passer with good recievers is elusive out of the pocket and not afraid to take a hit.

Word to the wise:
Every pass East Carter threw last week was tipped by a Boyd Co defender.

Boyd may be bigger, but Russell is much much faster on the line. Also, lets not act like these kids are midgets, they may not all be 250, but they aren't all that small.
Russell will probably have the best athletes, but they have to play hard and to their full potential or all that athleticism goes out the window.

Russell will have to keep Wilson contained in the pocket. This is going to be up to the ends, we have 2 quick ends that should get the job done. The Dline will have to get some major push, to close the pocket in on Wilson.

With Wilson not playing @ DB, GC was much better @ the DB position, and the passing game was open all night. Bailey and Dillon didn't even have any passes thrown their way. There can be much more even done with the passing game.

Also, EC is a team Russell will be subbing the JV team at some point in the 2nd quarter. So to act like Russell won't be bale to pass because some tipped passes BC had against EC is ridiculous.

We can probably beat BC without throwing a single pass. However, there will be games against teams where if we don't force them to respect the pass, the season will be over. So the passing game needs to continue to be worked on imo.
Beetle01 Wrote:Boyd may be bigger, but Russell is much much faster on the line. Also, lets not act like these kids are midgets, they may not all be 250, but they aren't all that small.
Russell will probably have the best athletes, but they have to play hard and to their full potential or all that athleticism goes out the window.

Russell will have to keep Wilson contained in the pocket. This is going to be up to the ends, we have 2 quick ends that should get the job done. The Dline will have to get some major push, to close the pocket in on Wilson.

With Wilson not playing @ DB, GC was much better @ the DB position, and the passing game was open all night. Bailey and Dillon didn't even have any passes thrown their way. There can be much more even done with the passing game.

Also, EC is a team Russell will be subbing the JV team at some point in the 2nd quarter. So to act like Russell won't be bale to pass because some tipped passes BC had against EC is ridiculous.

We can probably beat BC without throwing a single pass. However, there will be games against teams where if we don't force them to respect the pass, the season will be over. So the passing game needs to continue to be worked on imo.
No one is acting like Russell can't pass. Why does everything you disagree with have to be ridiculous? I think you can be ridiculous at times. All I was saying was that Boyd Co does a good job of staying in position in the secondary.
Beetle01 Wrote:Boyd may be bigger, but Russell is much much faster on the line. Also, lets not act like these kids are midgets, they may not all be 250, but they aren't all that small.

Your Opinion = :moon:
DevilsWin Wrote:Your Opinion = :moon:

LOL

I'm just saying it doesn't matter if BC intercepted every pass EC threw, thats East Carter. When was the last time they played Russell and kept the JV squad off the field during the first half?

So yes to say word to the wise: BC tipped almost every ball EC threw, as if the team needs to be weary of their D is ridiculous, when Russell threw all over GC who has a much better pass defense. Not only better but they practice against the TFS on a daily basis.
Beetle, if BC Intercepts a pass you have to buy me a Coke in an RHS Band Souvenier Cup!
Russell 35
Boyd 17
DevilsWin Wrote:Beetle, if BC Intercepts a pass you have to buy me a Coke in an RHS Band Souvenier Cup!
Beetle, you can find the cups during the game in the trash cans and have it filled....Smile
FBALL Wrote:Both teams looked good in their openers. Can the Lions burn the Devils?

Nahh...I say the devils burn the Lions by 3 TD's :devilflam

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Russell 35

Boyd County 13
Pages: 1 2