Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 23 - Pikeville 15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.

Harmon had a nice game with 30+ Carries and 200+ rushing yards.

Campbell from Corbin was named MVP.
Pretty good game overall.

The only problem I had was when they jipped Harmon on that 1st down to cost the panthers the game.
I have to say this is a very good job out of Corbin. Its hard for a visiting team to win a Pike County Bowl. I wasnt there but i caught the game on WYMT. Corbin just kept up a good effort and closed at the end. Well done Corbin.
Pikeville played a good game.. nothing to be ashamed about.. Pikeville will get better. Always grow from each game!
We can build on this. Congrats to Corbin. One thing that impressed me most about our boys tonight is that they never gave up. They kept battling and in the end we just came up short. We just gotta keep moving forward and keep getting better. Gotta give a shout out to my little bro #34 JR Robinson. He played his heart out tonight. We WILL get better from this.
different coach.....same story.....running the football every down will only get you so far.
Somewhat of what I expected. Was listening to the game after the Pburg/Paintsville game and it was 14-0 Corbin, but it looks as if it was a nice defensive battle.

Congrats Redhounds... keep your heads up Panthers!
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:We can build on this. Congrats to Corbin. One thing that impressed me most about our boys tonight is that they never gave up. They kept battling and in the end we just came up short. We just gotta keep moving forward and keep getting better. Gotta give a shout out to my little bro #34 JR Robinson. He played his heart out tonight. We WILL get better from this.
Didn't know he was your brother, but he was very impressive and must continue to be for Pikeville to have a fighting chance.
But still I saw a lot of bad things take place and I still believe this team needs line play. They were bigger but still didn't block. Harmon and Robinson worked hard and ran hard and got some yards, but they were whipped on the line. Also Branham is way to slow to try and run any kind of option with. I'm not wanting to dis the kid, his arm struggled also I thought, his one big completion was because Pikeville WR pushed off, but the passing will come because he does have potential in that department, but is just to slow to run any kind of option.
Also they need a day of nothing but taclking, a lot of hand tackling took place.
BTW I haven't seen WYMT's version yet but I don't think Harmon got the first down at the end.
I watched the game

Pikeville put in a gutsy effort...

I know when your down 14 early things look bleak...but Pikeville stuck with them the rest of the game

Corbin is a great game...no doubt

But Pikeville needs to work on their run defense...allowing 2 60+ yards runs for TD's is not very good
I still think Pikeville playing Corbin to a 23-15 game is a very good effort and somewhat shows that Pikeville will play with anyone in 1A.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:We can build on this. Congrats to Corbin. One thing that impressed me most about our boys tonight is that they never gave up. They kept battling and in the end we just came up short. We just gotta keep moving forward and keep getting better. Gotta give a shout out to my little bro #34 JR Robinson. He played his heart out tonight. We WILL get better from this.
I actually thought Robinson could have been named the MVP for Pikeville. His big runs in the 2nd half really sparked Pikeville.
Junior has always had the aggression and it really showed tonite.. He broke some good runs !!
Story of the game:
1. Four Pikeville turnovers
2. Two Big Corbin plays

Both of these teams will be ok this year.
Watched game on WYMT and thought both defenses looked good. Thought Pikeville offense was to one dimensional considering how good Baker looked at WR.

I think it will be hard for P-ville to beat any of the big boys in 1A playing smash mouth football until they fix there o-line.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Didn't know he was your brother, but he was very impressive and must continue to be for Pikeville to have a fighting chance.
But still I saw a lot of bad things take place and I still believe this team needs line play. They were bigger but still didn't block. Harmon and Robinson worked hard and ran hard and got some yards, but they were whipped on the line. Also Branham is way to slow to try and run any kind of option with. I'm not wanting to dis the kid, his arm struggled also I thought, his one big completion was because Pikeville WR pushed off, but the passing will come because he does have potential in that department, but is just to slow to run any kind of option.
Also they need a day of nothing but taclking, a lot of hand tackling took place.
BTW I haven't seen WYMT's version yet but I don't think Harmon got the first down at the end.

Well their line didnt get " whipped " but yea, Harmon and Robinson got yards on there own. Harmon had some holes to get his 200 + yard game.
Does Harmon still hit the weight room hard? I thought he looked a bit smaller this year.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Story of the game:
2. Two Big Corbin plays

I agree we were moving the ball good on them in the first half but the turnovers killed us.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Didn't know he was your brother, but he was very impressive and must continue to be for Pikeville to have a fighting chance.
I was standing across from the stick and Harmon extended the ball past it. The ball landed out of bounds before his knee went down but the ref spotted the ball where his knee landed. It doesnt matter though because we shouldnt have put ourselves in that postion to begin with. These boys will learn and get better from this.
ball boy Wrote:watched game on wymt thought both defenses looked good. Thought pikeville offense was to one dimensional considering how good Baker looked at WR. I think it will be hard for Pville to beat any of the big boys in 1a playing smash mouth football untill they fix there o-line

I was glad to see Pikeville fought hard till the last snap, IMO, they have some linebacker issues, secondary having to make way to many tackles off the run, But I thought they were much improved from 2 weeks ago. Goodluck next week, go panthers
Watched it on WYMT. Robinson impressed me more than Harmon. What year is this for Robinson?
Pikeville will get better as the season goes along and compete in class a with no problem.
UK Wildcat Wrote:Watched it on WYMT. Robinson impressed me more than Harmon. What year is this for Robinson?
He's a junior. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Lil' bro is good but he ain't on Harmon's level.
That Campbell from Corbin has gotta boot on him, if I've ever seen one on a high-schooler, although they were misplayed a few times
Who's second in quarterback spot for the Panther's? Houston Macanallan? Somebody else? We wouldn't have to run the ball so much, if our quarterback had some more experience? Guess that's what happens when you graduate your senior qb. Miss you Tim.
fairplayer Wrote:Who's second in quarterback spot for the Panther's? Houston Macanallan? Somebody else? We wouldn't have to run the ball so much, if our quarterback had some more experience? Guess that's what happens when you graduate your senior qb. Miss you Tim.
So how does Blake get more experience if he gets benched? Blake made a clutch 4th down TD pass to Baker in the 4th to put us back in the game in the 4th quarter. Im sorry but Tim wouldnt have done that because he wouldve too busy fighting with his brother when we got down 23-8. Blake will get better from this as will the entire team.
Here is a must for Pikeville, one way or another Baker must get mroe than two touches a game. This Pikeville team has some talent but has a long ways to go. They got a very tough non-district schedule and could end up 5-5 in the regular season. They still play Ashland, P'burg, Lexington Catholic, and Belfry. That is brutal, but will only make them better if they can avoid sustaining injuries.
Another thing Harmon isn't capaqble of touching the ball as much as what he is, no offense to him, but his body just isn't able, Pikeville must trust in the other backs.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Here is a must for Pikeville, one way or another Baker must get mroe than two touches a game. This Pikeville team has some talent but has a long ways to go. They got a very tough non-district schedule and could end up 5-5 in the regular season. They still play Ashland, P'burg, Lexington Catholic, and Belfry. That is brutal, but will only make them better if they can avoid sustaining injuries.
Another thing Harmon isn't capaqble of touching the ball as much as what he is, no offense to him, but his body just isn't able, Pikeville must trust in the other backs.
I agree Baker is a go to reciever but Taylor Ratliff just got healthy and is another capable one and Houtson Macanallen is a weapon no matter where he lines up. The non district schedule is tough but its all about being ready for the playoffs. If we go 5-5 it wont bother me as much as it will some people. After what Louisville Central (Sorry to bring them up LOL!) did last year it proves that even if you play and lose to better competition it WILL make you a better team when it matters most and thats what its all about. I think we proved the other night that we have other backs that can run the ball and spell Harmon. But still the with everyone keying on him he still had 200 yards and a touchdown.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Story of the game:
2. Two Big Corbin plays

IMO, this is exactly how I see each team ending up. Corbin lost to much talent aside from their backfield and Pikeville just simply doesn't have the line and the balance to knock off the top teams in 1A this season.

Both teams are quality teams, but neither do I see competing for the state title in the long run.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:IMO, this is exactly how I see each team ending up. Corbin lost to much talent aside from their backfield and Pikeville just simply doesn't have the line and the balance to knock off the top teams in 1A this season.

Both teams are quality teams, but neither do I see competing for the state title in the long run.

Did you go to the game???
Congrat Corbin
Pages: 1 2