Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 49 - Lou. Holy Cross 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

HC scores two TD's against Belfry's freshmen in the 4th.

According to the commentary, Belfry had three 100+ yard rushers. Belfry loaded again, and ready for another title run.

Up Next for Belfry: @ Lawrence County
Congrats Belfry
Congrats Pirates!!!!
Belfry has three running backs over 100 yards :Thumbs: Around 468 yards on the ground.:letsparty
doj23 Wrote:Belfry has three running backs over 100 yards :Thumbs: Around 468 yards on the ground.:letsparty

Nice!
Good game Belfry! Don't let your heads get too swollen, they were only 1a. Its sounds like Belfry is a real contender this year. Hopefully you all stay injury free, and see you all near the end...
No surprise here. Belfry is one of the best teams in 3A in the state, and an above-average class 1A team like Holy Cross is just no match.

Hopefully, the folks who run the PCB will bring in someone a little closer to the Pirates' level next year.
Stats from game

Belfry rushing 468

Thomas Varney 6-153 TD

Chase Maynard 4-143 2 TD's

Ivan Lee 9-129 2 TD's

Defense Gary Hall 4 sacks

Timmy Lovern Int

Next at Lawrence last game of series.
Listened to the 1st half, Belfry sounded like the same old Belfry that everyone knows, although they did fumble the ball a lot.

Congrats Pirates!
Congrtas Pirates...Does anyone know anything about how the young kids looked for the next couple of years???
More Cowbell Wrote:No surprise here. Belfry is one of the best teams in 3A in the state, and an above-average class 1A team like Holy Cross is just no match.

Hopefully, the folks who run the PCB will bring in someone a little closer to the Pirates' level next year.

WOW...such a bold statement!
congrats pirates
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Listened to the 1st half, Belfry sounded like the same old Belfry that everyone knows, although they did fumble the ball a lot.

Congrats Pirates!
Belfry's starting center was out for a game and they struggled with the snap early. That was cause of all of the fumble going on.
But with Cisco coming back Belfry will control that, but as the game went on you could tell the center impproved, which better for him to learn now than November.
Sounds like Belfry just muscled them all night! Nice win Belfry!
Not a bad start for this Pirate Team. It appears that the fans of pond creek are in for another fun ride on a big red pirate ship. We must look at this as Haywood would “one game at a time” with consistent improvements can get you far late in the year. Go Pirates, great win and once again you make use proud.

TongueirateSho
jgrubby Wrote:Good game Belfry! Don't let your heads get too swollen, they were only 1a. Its sounds like Belfry is a real contender this year. Hopefully you all stay injury free, and see you all near the end...

Nice Youtube video. I don't want to sound dumb, but did you write and sing the song yourself? Really gets everyone ready for friday night.

AS for the game I figured Belfry would run away with it. Belfrey top of the line
3A school. Holy Cross is around the 7-15 range class A.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Nice Youtube video. I don't want to sound dumb, but did you write and sing the song yourself? Really gets everyone ready for friday night.
That song was written and performed by Ryan Parker after the 2005 season.
Here's my thoughts from the game. I'm going to try to get to every player, but I didn't see them all.

Ivan Lee - Wow! He's sensational. He's fast, strong, bulky, which all combines to make him so hard to stop. After the first play of the game I was thinking "This is going to be a fun year."

Chase Maynard - I'm excited about next year because of him, He should get the backfield spot next year with Thomas, he's crazy good. He looked so light on his feet on his big touchdown run, juking and moving across the field to get away from tacklers with ease.

Gary Hall - He was bullying those offensive lineman all night, it seems like everytime the ball was snapped Gary Hall was in the equation, whether making pressure or putting ballcarriers and quarterbacks on the ground.

Thomas Varney - Very, very good. Quick, got the muscular size to shake people off, I can't wait for this year to see him. Also showed what he does at safety.

Charlie Dotson - Charlie suffered in this game, Chancey Cisco was suspended so Casey Lester started at center, and most of Dotson's runs were up the middle. The Nose Guard for Holy Cross was huge, so with very little blocking being done to him (no disrespect to Casey, I did see a few times where he drove him backwards with ease.) That hurt Charlie.

Shane Blackburn - Shane impressed me, seriously. I talked to him in class the other day and all my friends were doubting he could do good. He had a good rush on the quarterback, not to mention brought solid tackling. Nice job, Shane.

Cameron Tackett - Looked like a little Jimbo out there, nice job.

Nathan Carroll - He's gonna be great, guys. He can control the game from his safety spot alongside Thomas, on the last play before the half Nathan put a hit on that reciever. Hard to believe this kid's about 5'11, 150. Beast.

AJ Patrick - Good strength, great reactions, solid tackler.

This team is good. No suprise right? Wrong. We lost some big people, a starting strong safety, a great guard, alot of the defensive line. It was a question for me going in, can we keep it up? Gary, AJ, Shane, Nathan, Cameron, and Chase Maynard all showed me we're good not only for this year, but next year. Louisville is in sights again.

It's great to see the depth at running back, not only our starters but we have Nathan Carroll, Chase Maynard, Dustin Ray, Gary Runyon, Trey Willis, Howie Dotson, and next year we'll have Blake Newsome. All these kids are sure to be nothing short of amazing, and the oldest one is a junior (Chase.) We all know Belfry's going to be good, but we know the ground game is going to be just as good for five more years.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Here's my thoughts from the game. I'm going to try to get to every player, but I didn't see them all.

Ivan Lee - Wow! He's sensational. He's fast, strong, bulky, which all combines to make him so hard to stop. After the first play of the game I was thinking "This is going to be a fun year."

Chase Maynard - I'm excited about next year because of him, He should get the backfield spot next year with Thomas, he's crazy good. He looked so light on his feet on his big touchdown run, juking and moving across the field to get away from tacklers with ease.

Gary Hall - He was bullying those offensive lineman all night, it seems like everytime the ball was snapped Gary Hall was in the equation, whether making pressure or putting ballcarriers and quarterbacks on the ground.

Thomas Varney - Very, very good. Quick, got the muscular size to shake people off, I can't wait for this year to see him. Also showed what he does at safety.

Charlie Dotson - Charlie suffered in this game, Chancey Cisco was suspended so Casey Lester started at center, and most of Dotson's runs were up the middle. The Nose Guard for Holy Cross was huge, so with very little blocking being done to him (no disrespect to Casey, I did see a few times where he drove him backwards with ease.) That hurt Charlie.

Shane Blackburn - Shane impressed me, seriously. I talked to him in class the other day and all my friends were doubting he could do good. He had a good rush on the quarterback, not to mention brought solid tackling. Nice job, Shane.

Cameron Tackett - Looked like a little Jimbo out there, nice job.

Nathan Carroll - He's gonna be great, guys. He can control the game from his safety spot alongside Thomas, on the last play before the half Nathan put a hit on that reciever. Hard to believe this kid's about 5'11, 150. Beast.

AJ Patrick - Good strength, great reactions, solid tackler.

This team is good. No suprise right? Wrong. We lost some big people, a starting strong safety, a great guard, alot of the defensive line. It was a question for me going in, can we keep it up? Gary, AJ, Shane, Nathan, Cameron, and Chase Maynard all showed me we're good not only for this year, but next year. Louisville is in sights again.

It's great to see the depth at running back, not only our starters but we have Nathan Carroll, Chase Maynard, Dustin Ray, Gary Runyon, Trey Willis, Howie Dotson, and next year we'll have Blake Newsome. All these kids are sure to be nothing short of amazing, and the oldest one is a junior (Chase.) We all know Belfry's going to be good, but we know the ground game is going to be just as good for five more years.

Great game notes.TongueirateSho
Sounds like Belfry dominated. Congrats Belfry.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Nice Youtube video. I don't want to sound dumb, but did you write and sing the song yourself? Really gets everyone ready for friday night.

AS for the game I figured Belfry would run away with it. Belfrey top of the line
3A school. Holy Cross is around the 7-15 range class A.
Written and performed by a very talented Ryan Parker. He has many songs, check him out when you get the time....
More Cowbell Wrote:No surprise here. Belfry is one of the best teams in 3A in the state, and an above-average class 1A team like Holy Cross is just no match.

Yes, I agree, and why did Belfry play at Shelby Valley?

*Edited by BGR Staff for spelling/grammar. Please use correct spelling and grammar the next time you post.*
Congrats BHS! It seemed like only a slect few have their hearts in it but when you all stepped out on that field you all really showed your passion. All of you did wonderful!

Congrats..... GO #3, #54, #5!
What about the O line?
O-line did a real nice job, even without starter Cisco.

#23 Chase Maynard was dynamite and will HOPEFULLY really step up and play some CB (so that Elkins can rest at QB).

Maynard will be a great TB next year for Belfry.

#20 Carroll looked to have nice wheels. He will only get better as he gets more experience and confidence at Safety.

#1 had a lot of energy, but will need to BUY IN to Haywood's motto.. That young man might be one year away physically, but he can really improved one day at a time and make a huge contribution on this team!

#81/Hall played very well.. He is no Phillip Hickman when it comes to explosiveness, but MY GOD, the kid stayed in his rush lane and played about as fundamentally sound as possible. I wouldn't be shocked if he graded out at the top of all BHS players.

#27 - looked to do just fine in there. Quite undersized at DE, but Coaches should send him home with some tape of Clifton Varney to let him know where he can take his game.

Mainstays - I won't commit too much on this bunch. Elkins, just keep playing. Lee looked very lean/strong.... I think we all know he needs to = Dustin May this season. Doston - made 18 tackles +, nuff said. Lovern - may not be the star of the team, but looks as effortless and comfortable athleticly as anyone on the team. T. Varney - looks as if he is DYING to carry the ball every play. You can tell the kid wants to be involved! C. Coleman - maybe the only big time returner who went under my radar.

Great showing Pirates!
- Anyone who have followed my posts since last year know how high I am on Thomas Varney, but that kid IMO is the key to belfry's success this season.

Varney literally has the ability to score from the following ways every game:
1. Running the ball
2. Receiving the ball
3. Passing the ball
4. Returning Punts
5. Returning Kickoffs
6. Intercepting passes

He also is the punter and proved the other night he is more than capable as a Kicker as well.

- Chase Maynard looked like Matt Maynard. That kid is going to be a playmaker for a long time at Belfry.

- Gary Hall was absolutely dominant... 16 tackles and 3 sacks, he had a 4th sack as well when the QB made a heads up play to pitch it forward.

- Belfry still needs alot of improvement to get to the same form they were most of last season. The young defensive players were always int he right spot, but they missed a few too many tackles and often overpursued. The fumbled snaps will leave with time. The pass blocking needs alot of work as Elkins nearly got killed from the blindside. Receivers have got to get open as well, HC jammed them at the line and it messed up timing on a couple passes.

- Ivan Lee is an absolute monster and looks like a runaway semi-truck in the open field.
EKU,

Unfortunately, Maynard is JR.

But I think he COULD work into that CB spot (sparing Elkins) and be very productive. Next year, he would be a logical stud at TB.

The lack of size on D worried me, as does the schedule. I would think Haywood will have to go a little more platoon deep in the playoffs, at least on select plays, on the D-line...
PaytoPlay Wrote:EKU,

Unfortunately, Maynard is JR.

But i think he COULD work into that CB spot (sparing Elkins) and be very productive. Next year, he would be a logical stud at TB.

The lack of size on D worried me, as does the schedule. I would think Haywood will have to go a little more platoon deep in the playoffs, at least on select plays, on the D-line...

Someone clsoe to the program told me the roster that was printed was inaccurate and Maynard was a SOPH. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

I definately would like to see Maynard take alot of the CB duties away from elkins, but I also don't feel comfortable completely taking Elkins off the field on defense. He is one of the best DB's in EKY and has proven to be a lockdown corner which is hard to find in high school.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Someone clsoe to the program told me the roster that was printed was inaccurate and Maynard was a SOPH. Can anyone confirm one way or the other?

I definately would like to see Maynard take alot of the CB duties away from elkins, but I also don't feel comfortable completely taking Elkins off the field on defense. He is one of the best DB's in EKY and has proven to be a lockdown corner which is hard to find in high school.

Chase Maynard is a junior......
Congrats to BELFRY!
Pages: 1 2