Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Freshmen Teams
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Its always good to see how the future teams will look. So who will have a good freshmen team this season?

As always Pikeville will. But IMO since the feeder schools have joined, some talent has blended together. For instance Pike Central should be real good. As well as Shelby Valley. I think Pikeville will have some troubles this year. Probably lose a game or two
If anyone has a Fresh tourn please PM me
play_maker Wrote:For instance Pike Central should be real good.

Figured you would mention them...
Harlan County should have a pretty good freshman team.

Knox Central had a really good 8th grade bunch last year, so I look for their freshman team to be good as well.
HC BLACK BEARS Wrote:Harlan County should have a pretty good freshman team.

Knox Central had a really good 8th grade bunch last year, so I look for their freshman team to be good as well.

Knox Central jv went to the state final 4 in aau this summer. It was sophmores along with freshmen. But from what i hear alot of KC's players have quit.
Letcher Central should have real good freshman class
who is the good freshmans
I'll cast my lot with Rose Hill, seeing as how their Middle School won the state.
letthebighogroot Wrote:I'll cast my lot with Rose Hill, seeing as how their Middle School won the state.

Rose Hill should have a good freshman bunch, but actually Crosby won the state.
Pike Central will be pretty good if we can have good team chemistry
From the 14th, I would have to say Hazard , LCC, KCC, Buckhorn and Leslie should have outstanding freshman teams.
Powell freshman team will be good, IMO.
mullinstiger55 Wrote:Pike Central will be pretty good if we can have good team chemistry

Who all are the starters for your team?

and if your good enough you dont need chemistry. lol
Cody luster, Landon Tackett, Robbie Hopkins, Reese Ward, and Justin Smith if he plays
I've seen Robie Hopkins play and heard of the transfered Ward boy.

Best of luck to you all this season!
It sounds like there should be some exciting freshman games this season.

From what I've been told - Harlan County plays Knox Central, Letcher Central, Hazard, Perry Central, and Leslie - all these teams have been mentioned has having a good team.

Good luck to all the freshman teams!
Matt Stacy- Cordia
Zach Davis- KCC
These are the 2 best freshman in the 14th region, in my opinion.
Zack Davis is going to be a very good player
I would put LCC's class against anyone in the mountains!
I agree playboy5. Great players.
I agree also! Logan Johnson is legit.......could the best player in the region when he's a senior.
Powell's freshman team won't be too good this year, although they do have a very good class, i would say the 4 best freshman will barley even play freshman because they will play j.v, and maybe one or too will play varsity. I think that the freshman team will be used more to try to develop and build back up the fundimentals of the bench players that thier 8th grade coach completly destroyed. Look for the J.V squad to make some noise next year though.
Dustin Bray, Chase Calton and Shane Lindsey ----- 3 outstanding freshman for Harlan County.

They have 4 other freshman that will make really good players in the furture ---- this bunch (if they stay together) could be dangerous in the years to come.
I know of one up and coming Freshman, Trey Amburgey, he is 6'2* and looking real good in practice.
greun Wrote:I know of one up and coming Freshman, Trey Amburgey, he is 6'2* and looking real good in practice.

I believe powell county will have a good freshmen team this year even though Zach Dennis is out for the season
PoCo Wrote:Powell's freshman team won't be too good this year, although they do have a very good class, i would say the 4 best freshman will barley even play freshman because they will play j.v, and maybe one or too will play varsity. I think that the freshman team will be used more to try to develop and build back up the fundimentals of the bench players that thier 8th grade coach completly destroyed. Look for the J.V squad to make some noise next year though.

Listen buddy powell county's 8th grade coach didn't destroy the bench, they destroyed themselves getting technicals and not getting to play:flame:
KCC will have an awesome freshman team, Matt Bentley and Trey Amburgey
just to name a couple.
Buckhorn's freshman team would probably be the best. They won back to back 14th region middle school tournaments the last two years as well as Perry county 6th grade and 8th grade championships. They also helped the freshman last year win the district freshman tournament. With records like that they are up there with the best. It will be amazing to see what they will achieve their Jr. and Sr. years.
Does anyone know if their school is still looking for freshman games?
Wolfe should have a decent freshmen team. They got a good center Zane Hollon. Not really developed his skills yet but look for him to get some varsity minutes. They also have a good point guard Sawyer Denniston. Anyone know anything about him?
Pages: 1 2