Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Kid In Town
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone heard about a new addition to RUSSELL Football?

Supposed to be a big man that has moved in to the area!

I guess that would stir some interest at Raceland with them having a New Man in town also! :eek:
No, he is about 5'9 and about 220lbs.
Some_Kid Wrote:ummm no he is about 5'9 and about 220

I heard he was thick, and used to play d-tackle in texas though!
New kid in town ????
red_devils_rule Wrote:New kid in town ????

Yes supposedly we have a new guy transfering in from Texas! Has real good size too, I am told. Defenseive tackle, has the siize and speed too! WE'LL SEE!!

Just might be our missing link!!!!!:devilflam
If this new kid is from TX he has to be a good size lad.If he is 5'9 220 and has good speed put him at fullback. Players that size can really rattle some teeth.
hmm that sounds like a plan to me ! But like you said we will see.
I hear he is much bigger than 5'9 and 220! about 6'2 or 6'3 and 245! can anyone confirm? Might have to check practice out today lol!
The kid from Texas was in school yesterday and today. He is around the size of 6' 2" 245-250 THICK. He is awaiting the transcripts from his school in Texas then the approval from Frankfort. BUT he is here.
He's not as big as initially expected but hopefully can add to our team. would have been nice to have another 6'5" guy over there at tackle to ancor our line down.
Alright, give stats on the guy and what position??? Have I seen him yet on the practice field yesterday or not????
Just wondering ?????
No new kid, this is just a hoax.
SmackDaddy Wrote:I hear he is much bigger than 5'9 and 220! about 6'2 or 6'3 and 245! can anyone confirm? Might have to check practice out today lol!

Nope, I think his physical said he was 5'10. I'm not sure about the weight but i saw him and 220-230 looked about right. Beetle its not a hoax there is a new kid who has played football in TX. No idea if he is any good or not. I also hear he is coming out for the team so hopefully we will see him on the field soon.
LOL I know, but you all really shouldn't have said anything.

I can see Raceland or Ashland trying to pull another Sean Wilson on us if the kid turns out to be good.
DID he just get there last week.?????
Just wondering.
No I think he got here this week, maybe yesterday.
Okay, well is he decent as far as a kid or does anybody know him yet???
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:Okay, well is he decent as far as a kid or does anybody know him yet???

The first question should be can he play football?:thumpsup:

And a question to a earlier reply why would any one want to play for Raceland or Ashland :dontthink when they could play for Russell?:confused:
Ask the Johansen kid from Sweden that at Raceland, and he will tell you that he was supose to go to Russell but no parent confirmed taking in a foreign exchange student. So he ended up going to Raceland instead....... Hind-sight 20/20 is it not?????
kybaseball Wrote:The first question should be can he play football?:thumpsup:

And a question to a earlier reply why would any one want to play for Raceland or Ashland :dontthink when they could play for Russell?:confused:

who said that?
Did i mis understand that Raceland and Ashland tried to get a player to come to their schools to play? If I am wrong I stand corrected.
Well as a Russell fan I would like to welcome our new tranfer to the community, as well as the football team! If he can contribute, that would be great! But the main thing is that he feels welcome to our area, after moving so far away. I am sure that can be devastating to young people, who have to move during there HS careers! I dont know his name yet, but I think I can speak for the Reddevil nation in saying WELCOME to your new HOME!!!
SmackDaddy Wrote:Well as a Russell fan I would like to welcome our new tranfer to the community, as well as the football team! If he can contribute, that would be great! But the main thing is that he feels welcome to our area, after moving so far away. I am sure that can be devastating to young people, who have to move during there HS careers! I dont know his name yet, but I think I can speak for the Reddevil nation in saying WELCOME to your new HOME!!!

Well said.:thumpsup: I agree. I think he will find the community that surrounds Russell very welcoming. Maybe not very interesting but very welcoming.
Midee1 Wrote:Well said.:thumpsup: I agree. I think he will find the community that surrounds Russell very welcoming. Maybe not very interesting but very welcoming.

He might be from one of those towns that has the population of 100.The fine town of Russell would seem like a metropalis.
you got that right BABY !!!!!
right next to the bigger city of Ashvegas, and just a jump from L.A. That is lower Argillte.... Anyway, I hope that his transition goes well..
What grade is he in?????? how old????
Ashvegas and Lower Argillite that's a good one Devil.
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:you got that right BABY !!!!!
right next to the bigger city of Ashvegas, and just a jump from L.A. That is lower Argillte.... Anyway, I hope that his transition goes well..
What grade is he in?????? how old????

I know he is a JR. not sure how old exactly I would guess about 16-17.
Thats how old he looks if you know what I mean? haha
kybaseball Wrote:Did i mis understand that Raceland and Ashland tried to get a player to come to their schools to play? If I am wrong I stand corrected.

Nah I was referring to about 96 when a kid from NC moved to Russell. He played one game against BC and had 3 td's on 3 touches. Ashland protested his eligibility to the KHSAA which then they launched an investigation. The coaches then would not play the kid for fear if he was found ineligible they would have to forgeit games. Well come to find out, the KHSAA doesn't enforce the forfeit rule. Anyways, he transferred to Ironton to play since Russell would not let him play. Of course now all a kid would have to do is get a Greenup Co. judge to order an injunction on the KHSAA, they then cannot go back and force Russell to forfeit any games.

This happened to a kid @ Highlands not to long ago. Played the first 14 games and then was ruled ineligible for the season. He had to sit out the state championship game, but Highlands still retains that state championship.
Sorry about that. Wow he sounded like he could play.