Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland/Morgan Co. Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Raceland looked very impressive, very fast and very big. The new Johanson kid from Sweden???? Will be elligible Wed, he is a BEAST and he can play football, From what everyone saw in warmups he had his way with anybody that was across from him. yea I know it was just warm ups and that usually does not mean anything, But this kid can move, he is quick and he will hit ya. great technique on blocking and knows the drills. You can tell he has played American Football before.. Rumor has it that he played in Florida last year as a foreign exchange student. I do not kow if that it is true, but heard it tonight at the game,,,,
OH Raceland 35, morgan 0 in three quarters. Raceland ran the ball, passed the ball, ran it back on kicks and did just about anything else they wanted,, Did I mention that Morgan Co is HUGE. I think their nose guard is like 6-8 or 6-10 and around 400. HUGE kid,,, he may be smaller but not by much.....
Anyway Fairvew beat West Carter like a drum, it was bad..........I dont even remember the score.
Is it really that hard to look impressive against Morgan County?
That's the same thing I was wondering. It sounds like Raceland must have improved a little bit over the course of this week....I know they played Pikeville pretty even and then really wasn't much of a contest to JCHS.
Is Morgan that down?
How did Todd Selvege and the Denton kid look? I know that alot of RAMS fans have already circled HALLOWEEN on their calenders waiting for a rematch of last year.
It was hard to tell how good Raceland was tonight. Morgan will have a tough year IMO but I wish them the best.

That being said Carver looked really good
Carver had about 100 yards in the 3 quarters, Denton looked impressive, Selvage dropped one but made a great grab in the middle and had some YAC. he ran tough and did well. I definitely see a great game on HALLOWEEEEEN.
Devilologist, I'm going to have to say that morgan co. was not big and that they had nothing special. not to mention their tackling skills were about as good as they were..... not very good. and even though morgan c0. had that huge guy he didn't do anything in any kind of way. Morgan co. did not want to hit them not one big hit came from morgan co side. and also morgan did not put any kind of pressure on Boyles all night. now this is where I'm going to have to agree. Raceland looks very "Finished" and what i mean is they look very smooth and very comfortable with each other. they pass the ball very well and they run it very well also. their downfall will be their defense even though it is pretty solid all around i do not believe that they can stop the run against a team such as Russell. but they will do very very well as far as regular season goes that is until they play the mighty red devils right up the hill. that game will be one for the history books. I can mark my words on that one.
THE_MAN_TB Wrote:Is Morgan that down?

Morgan County was down last year, don't think that they are going to improve that much any this season from last.
Not that it would have made the difference between winning or losing, but Morgan still had 4-5 starters not dressed for the game....minor injuries but will be ready for Rowan Friday. Also, 3 starters went out with injuries during the game. More or less was using second stringers on defense. MC ran a limited offense not wanting to show anything to the Viking scouts in the stands. Raceland was big and fast. Well skilled. Morgan should be much improved from last season but will still struggle against the 'power' teams. BTW, the big nose guard is '6'7" and 365 and it's his first year of football.
I think that it was quite obvious it was his first year playing.