Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell vs. Greenup County - Aug. 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What's everyone's thoughts on this game now that you all have had the chance to see some pre-season scrimmages and practices?
From the looks of the Ironton/Greenup scrimmage I wasn't very impressed and with Craft going down isn't much of a help either. I think the game will be close at the beginning, but Russell pulling away with a 3 touchdown lead. JMO
I don't see much in the final outcome , but the begining of the game they will hang for a couple of series then its lights out again this year. They use the Tony Franklin style offense and I see our players getting some good pass coverage experience. Spread can be our weakness without the size in the middle as we are accustom to. If they run enough we will see a good game. Keeping it real, I think Russell should take this one by at least 2 TDS.
After seeing both teams play. Russell is definetly 5Td's better. Now I don't think they will win by 35, but it should be a comfortable win. Given the Russell players show up ready to play and hit hard.
Russell is gonna whip Greenup all over the field!
I will say Russell by 3 TD's
Sign your name on the ......................................................
How much is it gonna be?...................................................
Russell by 5TD
Greenup wold have been better if Craft was not injured.
As much as I wanna agree with all of you guys, I saw Greenup Co play 3 times last year and they looked really good at the end of last season.

They know what it takes to win and they are capable of pulling it together.

Don't overlook this Greenup Co team 1 bit if you wanna win.
Does anyone know if Craft will be back for the game?
Rumor is he is fine and the injury in the Ironton game was not serious.
Thats good to hear, it would be terrible for someone to miss out on some of their sr. year do to an injury in a scrimmage, or practice. Remeber that happened to Jacob Sizemore his Sr. year during a practice.
Russell should win this game. But who knows what could happen. The helmets might not fit.
Jeepman Wrote:Russell should win this game. But who knows what could happen. The helmets might not fit.
LOL, nice analogy, ego does run high. However, the proof of years gone by and the trophies in the case keeps those helmets tight with reason...
:champ::redboxer:
One of the Greenup coaches on another board said Craft was fine. As a matter of fact he said Craft was at the Russell scimage the next day.
kybaseball Wrote:One of the Greenup coaches on another board said Craft was fine. As a matter of fact he said Craft was at the Russell scimage the next day.

He could have still went to Russells scrimmage hurt or not. I hear he didn't play in the Green n Gold game last night. They probably didn't want to take a risk, which is understandable.
Russell by as much as they want.
I believe the game will remain close for at least the 1st half, but I think Russell should be able to pull away late.

Good News though, is that I drove by to check out the green/gold game last night and seen where they have installed what looks to be a new scoreboard. If so, that will be a TREMENDOUS improvement from the one they had 2 years ago, where you couldn't tell what the time was or the score.

Here's hoping they may have also improved the sound system as well, so that you can hear on the visitors side what's going on.
Russelldad Wrote:I believe the game will remain close for at least the 1st half, but I think Russell should be able to pull away late.

Good News though, is that I drove by to check out the green/gold game last night and seen where they have installed what looks to be a new scoreboard. If so, that will be a TREMENDOUS improvement from the one they had 2 years ago, where you couldn't tell what the time was or the score.

Here's hoping they may have also improved the sound system as well, so that you can hear on the visitors side what's going on.
They have electric down there???
I believe Greenup may keep it close for a half and then it just becomes a blowout after that. From what I saw at the C/M scrimmage Russell has the weapons AGAIN to make this game into a warm-up game if they play like they are capable of doing.
I will say this i think Russell will win but don't over look Greenup.They have something to prove after the scrimage they had against Ironton.
jgrubby Wrote:LOL, nice analogy, ego does run high. However, the proof of years gone by and the trophies in the case keeps those helmets tight with reason...
:champ::redboxer:

I agree. Ivan will make sure they are snug and not overly tight. I'm just kidding about this helmet thing. Russell has a great bunch of football players. If they can play as a team and put the team first they will win a bunch of games. There are a couple that may just need a tune-up.
ttt
Well guys I guess its time for me to crawl out of the shadows once again.
I belive Russell is 4 TD's better than Greenup, however this is the first game of the season. I think the Devils shake off the rust in the third quarter to take a 38-14 victory.
Closer for a while than some may predict. Greenup plays on emotion but soon wears out.

Russell 35
Greenup County 7
FBALL Wrote:Closer for a while than some may predict. Greenup plays on emotion but soon wears out.

Russell 35
Greenup County 7

Hey FBALL, wonder how bad Russell would win if they merged with Raceland?? Big Grin
Greenup scores late in the 4th. Russell 42 Greenup 14
devil58 Wrote:Hey FBALL, wonder how bad Russell would win if they merged with Raceland?? Big Grin
As a tribute to one of our Raceland friends.
Smile Big Grin Big Grin Smile :HitWall:
FBALL,

Your tribute kinda gives me an "oldrumbling" feeling...

Rolleyes :thumpsup: Confusedhh: :thumpsup: Rolleyes Smile
Greenup co. should be getting tired of the thumping they have received from the Red Devils in recent years .I predict Greenup will be ready but once again they won't be able to handle Russell. Russell by 12
I agree with charliez it will be a lot closer this year than it has been but Russell still pulls out ahead by 8.
Pages: 1 2