Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell/Raceland Consolidation?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who would be for or against this? Just trying to get some opinions. To me I think it would be a good idea. It would imo, be far and way the premier HS in Academics and Athletics this side of Lexington. I think itd be a very tough 4A team to beat in football. Maybe even have a chance at 3A, I can't find the numbers anymore form the KHSAA I believe Russell was at 300boys and Raceland about 130. I could be off though.

What's everyone's thoughts on this?
It would be hard to adopt the "red headed" step child from down the street.
Wouldn't wanna pollute the gene pool.
Yea baby !!!!!
maroon and orange we would look like VT.
Railcity RAILERS.

Russell Locomotives !!!!!
Nick name could be the LOCO's
Raceland has less District Championships than Russell does State Championships. What is the fascination with Raceland. They've always been horrible until the last couple seasons.
Interesting to think about. A mixture between "the system" and the WING-T offence could possibly dominate the state haha! Or it could completely bomb. I think the teams together would make a pretty good football team. Both teams have a great coaching staff.
Nice suggestions on the names DEVILOLOGIST
Raceland has always had good players though. You throw in Raceland's extra linemen with Russell's. Plus Russell's backfield. And maybe a few other players. You can go ahead and start engraving the trophy. you wouldn't have to have 9 players going both ways.
Well if everyone looks at the numbers of students shrinking over the last 10 years, and possibly a lot more over the next10. It is not only a possibility, but almost a certainty, that more schools will consolidate! Dont know if these 2 independents will, but financially, it is more feasible to consolidate. (Mercer County, Harlan County) just to name 2 recently! Dont be surprised if it takes place somewhere down the road! Rather see Raceland and Russell than Greenup and Raceland!
NO!
:yesno:
FBALL Wrote:NO!
I guess you and Devilologist don't agree???
Heck no Russell whips everybody around here now.Well Raceland beats us to. We will lose either way so I change my mind get it done before Russell has to play Ironton next year.
I know nothing of these teams accept Russell is great at football and horrible at basketball and Raceland is decent at fball...I don't even know what county they're in. They would have a beast of a fball team tho IMO.
GO Maroon and Orange.

So you could take a plain Ashland t-shirt and wear a hunting cap and vest and be dressed for a RailCity Locomotives football game.
"GO LOCO's"

Did I mention that we are still AAA, at least until after the championship game.
kybaseball Wrote:Heck no Russell whips everybody around here now.Well Raceland beats us to. We will lose either way so I change my mind get it done before Russell has to play Ironton next year.
Raceland hasn't beat Russell in a football game in my lifetime and I was born in 1970!
hahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:hahahahahaha !!!!!!!!!!!
If they consolidate I see FBALL packing the kids and wife up and going to Ashland!!!

Smile
The joining of these two schools could make a very good class 4 A team
jgrubby Wrote:If they consolidate I see FBALL packing the kids and wife up and going to Ashland!!!

Smile
If this were ever to happen I'm leaving the country.
bac2369 Wrote:The joining of these two schools could make a very good class 4 A team

I think I like it like it is. At least this way we can see the bad taste signs from the Raceland student body as they clearly displayed last year. Nope keep it like it is.
Where is exactly is Raceland High located? What county and how far from Flatwoods?

No joke though... Ashland and Russell SEEMED (at least to me) geographically close enough to consider consolidation!
PaytoPlay Wrote:Where is exactly is Raceland High located? What county and how far from Flatwoods?

No joke though... Ashland and Russell SEEMED (at least to me) geographically close enough to consider consolidation!

Raceland is the neighboring city to Flatwoods/Russell, the HS's are about 5 miles apart, if that.
exactly 3 miles apart. google it and see for yourselves.
Raceland and Russell/Flatwoods are so integrated that it is scary.

Also available:[Image: walk.gif]Walking

Driving directions to Ram Blvd, Russell, KY 41169 3.0 mi – about 9 mins

[Image: icon_greenA.png][Image: icon_greenA.png]
[B]Russell High School[/B]
709 Red Devil
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:exactly 3 miles apart. google it and see for yourselves.
Raceland and Russell/Flatwoods are so integrated that it is scary.

Also available:[Image: walk.gif][url=http://javascript:void(0)]Walking[/url]

Driving directions to Ram Blvd, Russell, KY 41169 3.0 mi – about 9 mins

[Image: icon_greenA.png][Image: icon_greenA.png]
[B]Russell High School[/B]
709 Red Devil

No its not.
FBALL Wrote:No its not.
Actually its 3.2 miles and 11 mins. away, but still don't see it happening(field to field)
I think it would benefit both communities. Plus every year we could stop hearing about how Raceland has the greatest team in history. If you've listened to their fans for the last 10 years, you'd think they would be a NFL franchise by now.
jgrubby Wrote:Actually its 3.2 miles and 11 mins. away, but still don't see it happening(field to field)
Proximity has nothing to do with integration.

As far as I'm concerned it may as well be light years away.
Beetle01 Wrote:I think it would benefit both communities. Plus every year we could stop hearing about how Raceland has the greatest team in history. If you've listened to their fans for the last 10 years, you'd think they would be a NFL franchise by now.

Consolidation sucks there is nothing good that would come from it. Plus I like listening to them whine.
DevilsWin Wrote:Raceland hasn't beat Russell in a football game in my lifetime and I was born in 1970!

i didn't mean they beat Russell. Sorry about that.
FBALL Wrote:Plus I like listening to them whine.
I liked that.Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:Raceland hasn't beat Russell in a football game in my lifetime and I was born in 1970!
1969 was the last time I believe. So its been approx 39 years...
Pages: 1 2