Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beijing Olympics - Thoughts & Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've enjoyed watching the Beijing Olympics this year, they've been very exciting.

Team USA's swimmer Michael Phelps, stole the show so far during these Olympics by breaking the Olympic record with 8 gold medals.

Other freak athletes I've noticed and now most of the world has noticed is Usain Bolt of team Jamaica. He owns both world and Olympic 100 meters records with a time of 9.69 seconds.

Both USA basketball teams have been dominating there competitors right now also.

Medal Count...
http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/IN...0000.shtml
Now that Phelps is done with, I find myself watching very little of the Olympics.
I will watch the Redeem Team to see if they can win gold for the first time since 2000. Them and Phelps was the only ones I watched of the olympics.
-STAT- Wrote:I will watch the Redeem Team to see if they can win gold for the first time since 2000. Them and Phelps was the only ones I watched of the olympics.

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch basketball.

UK basketball is the only time I can watch it. Why? I don't know.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Now that Phelps is done with, I find myself watching very little of the Olympics.

I agree...Monday was the first night/day I hadn't watched any events.

The Olympics have a quick burn-in factor for me. I really have enjoyed watching the Olympics more this year than any other time, even better than when they were in Atlanta in 96. Phelps kept me coming back and got me watching other events that I wouldn't normally watched, like the rowing or handball.

I have enjoyed the women's gymnastics (we have been getting the shaft btw), diving and the track events for the most part. I have been watching the basketball as well. With Dish Network, I receive the Universal HD channel that carries mens/womens bball non-stop with replays and such and get this, no commercials. It's pretty sweet. I have a non-stop olympic soccer channel as well, although I must admit, I can't stay wtih soccer at all, even though the field looks great on my Sony Bravia!

All-in-all, I've really enjoyed the Olympics this year.
Can anyone tell me who was the american wrestler who won bronze in his weight class?
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'd rather watch paint dry than watch basketball.

UK basketball is the only time I can watch it. Why? I don't know.

I am just a huge basketball fan and curious to see if they can win the gold. UK Basketball is by far my favorite time of year.