Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence/East Carter scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did both teams look? Anyone there that can enlighten us?
easternkysportsguru Wrote:How did both teams look? Anyone there that can enlighten us?
You beat me to it I was wondering the same thing. All this no-talk doesn't sound very good. Or maybe every one is busy:confused:
Dawg Family Wrote:You beat me to it I was wondering the same thing. All this no-talk doesn't sound very good. Or maybe every one is busy:confused:

Everyone must be busy because I know I drove by the field this morning and there were a few hundred people there.
Well LC Varsity didnt give up any TDS and scored I think 5 or 6 Chandler Shepard was something like 7 for 11 1 int and 1 TD for 150 yards He also had 6 carries for 46 yards Shane Pack had around 11 caries for around 60 plus yards... Thats all I can remember at this time... I know the O Line played great.... The D looks alot better this year..... Should be a fun year.. New attitude and they play harder

All by the way when the JV took the field it only had I think 4 JV players that played and the rest were Freshman who did a dandy job as well only giving up 1 TD and that should have been called back on a holding call.
Batpuff Wrote:Well LC Varsity didnt give up any TDS and scored I think 5 or 6 Chandler Shepard was something like 7 for 11 1 int and 1 TD for 150 yards He also had 6 carries for 46 yards Shane Pack had around 11 caries for around 60 plus yards... Thats all I can remember at this time... I know the O Line played great.... The D looks alot better this year..... Should be a fun year.. New attitude and they play harder

All by the way when the JV took the field it only had I think 4 JV players that played and the rest were Freshman who did a dandy job as well only giving up 1 TD and that should have been called back on a holding call.

So was the varsity score something like 35-0??
What about East Carter? Are they still running the wing-t on offense and 3-5 on defense?
Batpuff Wrote:Well LC Varsity didnt give up any TDS and scored I think 5 or 6 Chandler Shepard was something like 7 for 11 1 int and 1 TD for 150 yards He also had 6 carries for 46 yards Shane Pack had around 11 caries for around 60 plus yards... Thats all I can remember at this time... I know the O Line played great.... The D looks alot better this year..... Should be a fun year.. New attitude and they play harder

That's great news just what I was hopeing for:Thumbs:
thecoacher Wrote:What about East Carter? Are they still running the wing-t on offense and 3-5 on defense?

The Pistol
Batpuff Wrote:The Pistol

Interesting! I have not seen East Carter play for a few years. The last time I saw them Coach Damron was there and they mainly ran the wing-t. They were always competitive. I guess Coach Baldwin has decided to diversify the offense! Did they try to throw or run from the pistol? It can be a fun offense to watch!
thecoacher Wrote:Interesting! I have not seen East Carter play for a few years. The last time I saw them Coach Damron was there and they mainly ran the wing-t. They were always competitive. I guess Coach Baldwin has decided to diversify the offense! Did they try to throw or run from the pistol? It can be a fun offense to watch!

Hey tried a little of both.
LC dominated..
mjballer23 Wrote:LC dominated..
I haven't heard that qoute in many of years. I hope it's a sign of things to comeBig Grin
mjballer23 Wrote:LC dominated..

I could get use to hearing that quote again on normal basis!! Hope it carrys over to regular season. But by not seeing the team play yet, I'm not going to get my hopes up to much. But Sounds like a nice outing by the dawgs soo keep it up and make us proud this season!!
Money Maker Wrote:I could get use to hearing that quote again on normal basis!! Hope it carrys over to regular season. But by not seeing the team play yet, I'm not going to get my hopes up to much. But Sounds like a nice outing by the dawgs soo keep it up and make us proud this season!!

They still have a lot to work on and I am not sure how good or bad East is suppose to be so really cant say much.. I know we scrimmage Pikeville Friday night. So we should get a better look at where we are and what we need to improve on.