Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland/Johnson Central/Pikeville (Scrimmage)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did this one go?
Neither Pikeville or Raceland fared well against JC which very few 1A schools if any would. JC is gonna make some noise this year in 5A. Pikeville and Raceland were able to move the ball pretty consistently on each others defenses. Pikevilles D started looking better toward the end. Raceland is as good as advertised.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Neither Pikeville or Raceland fared well against JC which very few 1A schools if any would. JC is gonna make some noise this year in 5A. Pikeville and Raceland were able to move the ball pretty consistently on each others defenses. Pikevilles D started looking better toward the end. Raceland is as good as advertised.
Raceland has two very good running backs. How did their Oline look against JC?
How well did Harmon due?
bac2369 Wrote:How well did Harmon due?

Harmon didn't do much against JC's defense...in all honesty neither Pikeville nor Raceland did. I think he may have had a total of 25 yards against JC (give or take a few) but first or second play from scrimmage he busted about an 80 yarder against Raceland. The Panthers just need some more experience and for the line to tighten up.
Raceland seemed to lack in a couple of areas, although I was pleased to see their team doing great again this year. They seem to hit hard and work hard.

Pikeville seemed to do well yet again, although their offensive line had trouble with their defensive line.

Johnson Central is doing way better than I could have imagined for a first time scrimmage. I was expecting them not to look as good as last year honestly, but to me they look way better if you compare both first scrimmages. Johnson Central is really improving in their lineman. I was amazed at how well their offensive lineman improved since last year. Josh Lackey, Casey Brown, Ryan Harlow are the only lineman that I am familiar with on their offensive line. Josh Lackey is looking five times better than last year, and I believe his transformation into a center was the correct move on Tony Burchett's part. With his weight advantage, I dont see many lineman breaking his block. Casey Brown seems to be doing better than what I would have thought at tackle. Ryan Harlow seems to be doing great at guard. I think Tony Burchett will be pleased with his selection of offensive lineman this year, as I believe they will block great for Dillon, Richardson, and Bratton. The Quarterback situation I suppose has been ended. Dennis Dillon did great for his first game since his injury of last year. It seems his shoulder recovered quite well, and his ability to play the field has improved from what I saw.

What really catches my eye is how dominating their defensive line is. With 3 fresh men to play (seeing that Ryan Harlow was ineligible for a few games, Casey Brown was ineligible the whole year, and Jeff Wolford sit out his Junior year) the defensive line is possibly the best that Johnson Central has had in a while, being close ranked with 2006 defensive line. The 325 pound noseguard, Jeff Wolford, is also looking as though he will be a key player in their defense. He did an exceptional job at blocking the holes and catching up to the runner on either of his sides. Casey Brown did amazing as well, he made many plays, and he is a hardnose hitter. I think Casey has a great future ahead of him this season. Ryan Harlow seems to have improved as well, seeing that, unless im wrong, he has gained a little weight since last season? I think this was the best for him, and he made many plays with Brown and Wolford. I am excited to see how well the trio of Brown, Wolford, and Harlow do...I am predicting that they are a force to be reckoned with.

Johnson Central's backfield is also quite impressive this year. Tanner Bratton, Nathon Dillon, and Chase Richardson seem to have shaped up so much in the past year. Bratton and Richardson are powerhouses, while Dillon can run down nearly any man in front of him to gain yards. The same could go for all three.

The defense of Johnson Central is also going to be very strong this year. Many interceptions by the defense shows a good sign for the future. Seems like the offense and defense of Johnson Central have improved majorly in the last year.

In the end, I believe that, of course, Johnson Central destroyed pike and raceland, with pikeville coming in 2nd, and raceland in 3rd from my point of view. All 3 teams look great this year and I cant wait to see the results of the first few games for each of the teams.
I heard that Pikeville looked decent even though they had several starters out. Not that they could have played with a very good 5A team anyway, but it bodes well for them in Class A.
That does sound good for Pikeville competing in a 1A district.
If Harmon want to go on to the next level he must be able to play well against any division....
BlueSky Wrote:If Harmon want to go on to the next level he must be able to play well against any division....

It all starts with the line. One peson can only do so much.
BlueStripes Wrote:It all starts with the line. One peson can only do so much.

True to that.. But the Line will be ready come PCB
I sure hope so