Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Floating Talent?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every school has it.

What i mean is kids that will not play are they any hidin talent in your school?
I know for a fact there is at Pikeville. There are kids that played in JR high that really could help this team IMO. Unfortunately it all boils down to one simple mathematic equation:
Talent-Heart=nothing.
I would say every school has players like it. Some kids have no heart because some jerk of a coach took the heart out of them.Playing their kids or the click kids ahead of kids that were as talented or more talented.
Good topic bad memory. My senior year we had one good lineman and got pummeld. But up in the bleachers away from the hostility sat these yellow bellied MAN-BEAR-PIGS!!! Take these wart hawgs and get some wind in them and put any back on the field behind them presto yardage and scores. I tried my last tricks trying to get those beast to suit up but to no avail. Every school has them and you see them every were you tread but they will not button the chin strap.
It's not even necessarily big guys that would make for a good line that hide out. I know plenty of talent that do not play simple because of the coaches or fellow players. I know talented players of almost every position that have stopped playing or never went out in the first place because of problems with the team, whatever they may have been.
I could probably make a team from the kids at Pikeville that don't play football that could win district. It kills me that some won't play. Some kids have legit potential to be All-State or play somewhere in college.
Yes i agree that there are alot of coaches who do not handle there players effectively. Each player is differrent and has special needs. A coach under no circumstances should ever play favortism or politics. Wether it be for personal political or finacial gain. Every decision should be made in the best interest of the team as a whole and by the athletes on abilities. Every coach should take an extra moment before making a decision. What are the negatives in my decision and what will be the outcome? He has the ultimate responsibility for the unit. And i also agree that there are alot of players that may be physically fit to push there weight around but lack the heart. If you can get one of those individuals to gear up then it falls back into the coaches lap on how to bring the beast out of that body. Though we have all heard the saying GIVE ME 11 PLAYERS WITH HEART any day i will pick them over anybody else`many people use this phrase hypocriticly.