Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The '90s, Top 10 Mountain Guards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone remember Antwan Henson from Clay County, I always liked his game as well.
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Not for sure that I would classify Todd or Jody as guards. But both should go down as two of the better players in the history of the 15th region...

They defended the post and played in the post some, but Todd ran the point A LOT and Jody would occasionally. You already knew that though and I agree with you if you are saying they are hard to classify.
I'm going out on a limb and say ... Shannon Hoskins.
abnerdday Wrote:I'm going out on a limb and say ... Shannon Hoskins.
Hoskins would rank second behind Charles Thomas in my top 10.:rockon:
Eddie Hale, Frank Lee, Marty Thomas, Chez Marks, Omar Henry, Billy Ray Fawns (forward but could shoot the long ball),R.J. Bilinovic, Ricky Lewis(Elliott County-Best Deep Deep Ball Shooter EVER) Troy Shelton, Mike Day,Jonathan Beasley, Scott Carty, Troy Gingrich, Tyler Wyant, Scott Leadingham .....Just something to think about!
Cavanaugh Trent was a great guard at Dilce Combs along side of Heston Beverly. Trent was a great athlete who could shoot as well as jump out of the gym.
14th region

1. S Hoskins, Brian Johnson
2. John Kitchen, Tim Couch
3. heston beverly, Ben Bowling
4. Johnny Ray Williams,
5. Hurley Combs
6. Billy Sumner
7. Chad Meade
8. John Grigsby
9. Jarvis williams
10. James Hurley
11. C. Trent
12. K. Campbell
13. Scotty Short
14. David Feltner
15. Bubby Grigsby
16. dj Sims
17. Danny French
I don't think I saw this name on any post, Tad Brewer from Cordia. Tad could flat out fill it up when he got hot!! If someone else already posted his name, I am sorry, I must have just overlooked it!! Also, John Grigsby was a good guard for Hazard in the 90's as well.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I remember one, Hurley Combs that played at Napier. He was good and so was Tim Couch.
Tim Couch wasn't really a guard.
Doe Doe Rowe best guard in Mountain History period
Hillbilly18 Wrote:Doe Doe Rowe best guard in Mountain History period

The name sounds familiar, but can't seem to remember where he played! Any help?
Memorial Gym #5 Wrote:The name sounds familiar, but can't seem to remember where he played! Any help?

Rodney Rowe, Virgie and Pikeville College
Charles Thomas is the best and it's not even close.

One people are forgetting is Rick Jones of Corbin. I know he transferred to Scott County where he was Mr. Basketball but he played in the 13th region half his career.
HAROLD Wrote:Charles Thomas is the best and it's not even close.

One people are forgetting is Rick Jones of Corbin. I know he transferred to Scott County where he was Mr. Basketball but he played in the 13th region half his career.

I agree, forgot all about Rick Jones! :thumpsup:
Warriors23RJ Wrote:Anyone remember Antwan Henson from Clay County, I always liked his game as well.

Yes, Antwan Henson was a good player, I think the teammate he had the year they went to state tournament was Steven Asher. Is that right? Both were good that year! JMO
Hillbilly18 Wrote:Doe Doe Rowe best guard in Mountain History period

Doe Doe was good, but this topic is about the 90's. He played for Virgie in the 80's.
Doe Doe was great best I ever saw!
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Not for sure that I would classify Todd or Jody as guards. But both should go down as two of the better players in the history of the 15th region...

They were most definantly guards.

Big guards, but guards.

1. Charles Thomas
2. Jeremy Hall
3. J.J. Hylton
4. Shannon Hoskins
5. Timmy Couch
Jeremy Hall - AC
Tim Couch- Leslie
Pages: 1 2