Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next coach at Betsy Layne?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Now that Coach Hall has left, who will be the next one?
Does Johnny Martin still work at Betsy Layne? he would be a very good candidate.
When did Brian leave, and where did he go? I thought he did a pretty good job and liked his demeanor and attitude. Hope this isn't true. Any details???
I have heard that Jr. Newsome was wanting the job last year. I have also heard that Johnny Martin was looking at the job.
I know Rady Martin is very interested in the job. He is certified in Health/PE and there is an opening at Betsy Layne.
I don't believe Johnny Martin retired this year. If he's still teaching at Betsy Layne, he would more than likely get it-- I would assume. But I've heard of several several several other people being highly interested in the job (Jeremy Daniels, Brandon Gearheart, Rady Martin ) and with the job openings at Betsy Layne who knows who may get it. Have they even named a new principal yet?
pburg_blackcat Wrote:I don't believe Johnny Martin retired this year. If he's still teaching at Betsy Layne, he would more than likely get it-- I would assume. But I've heard of several several several other people being highly interested in the job (Jeremy Daniels, Brandon Gearheart, Rady Martin ) and with the job openings at Betsy Layne who knows who may get it. Have they even named a new principal yet?
Someone fill me in, I must have been asleep all summer! Where did basketball coach Brian Hall go? and where did principal Brent Rose go?
bball fan Wrote:Someone fill me in, I must have been asleep all summer! Where did basketball coach Brian Hall go? and where did principal Brent Rose go?

Brent Rose left Betsy Layne High School to take the Principal job at Prestonsburg Elementary. There have been posts on here that Brian Hall is leaving to take the job at Powell County.

All of the people mentioned in this thread would be a great coach for the Bobcats I think. They have some young talent there. Hopefully whoever takes the job will be there for many years.
I heard that the Rowe guy at Shelby Valley was interested. He does teach Pe there.Can someone fill me in.H e had a great run at the boys job there.
jr. Wrote:who is rady Martin

He was an assistant coach for Allen Central a few years back and an assistant coach for South Floyd as well.

But I think I was like some on here, didn't even know that Coach Hall was gone from Betsy Layne. Sounds like there is a lot of good available candidates out there to take the helm.
I cant see someone like Brandon Gearheart, Rady Martin, or a Jeremy Daniels. Betsy Layne is a prestige job, wait and see Johnny Martin will be the next head man. It will be sweet having him.
Anyone Know If Coach Hall will be on the sidelines in 08??
Does Betsy Layne have a principal yet?
I would say that Coach Jr. Newsome will be back on the sidelines this year. He has a grandson that's in 8th grade this year.
Brian Hall is the coach at Powell county now. I dont know much about him. Does anyone think he will be able to fill the shoes of kyle lively?
The principal at Betsy Layne is Casandra Akers. I'm sure many have seen her on the sidelines for the Betsy Layne Lady Cats. Had a nice little run a couple years ago with those girls.
I'd like to see Jr. Newsome get that position or Johnny Martin either one!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:I'd like to see Jr. Newsome get that position or Johnny Martin either one!

From what i hear Jr newsome will get the job. Johnny would be a better fit.
Both are quality coaches, but when is it time to let the next gererations take over?
Cassandra's husband played for Junior back in BLHS's heyday!!
Yeah that was the last time BL went to the Sweet 16. Mr. Akers was actually all-state that year I believe. I may be wrong on that though.
I'm not sure about the all state thing, but I can tell you he was a heck of a player. I personally think it would be interesting to see Junior Newsome roaming the sidelines again.
If hall is at Powell, Where is Kyle Lively??
MVP2 Wrote:If hall is at Powell, Where is Kyle Lively??

Kyle is no longer coaching anywhere. He is the principal of Stanton Elementary School.
i heard today that Johnny Martin was hired at the Coach at BL is this just a rumor or is the the truth
bobcatfan22 Wrote:Kyle is no longer coaching anywhere. He is the principal of Stanton Elementary School.

Wow.
rumor about johnny martin...
Johnny Martin or Van Swindell.
Jr. Newsome will be at the helm of Betsy Layne
Johhny Martin? wow lol.
Pages: 1 2