Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Male Cheerleaders
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is your opinion on male cheerleaders?

I think it is pretty cool
I enjoy the male cheerleaders as well. They are very entertaining, and their voices don't sound like nails on a chalkboard while I'm trying to watch the game. Smile But in all honesty, it takes some real balls and athletic ability to become a male cheerleader and I have the upmost respect for them. Sadly, Ashland hasn't had one since the mid 90's.
At UK, some of the male cheerleaders are bigger than the guys on the football team.
Belfry's male cheerleaders ARE on the football team. They are all huge guys that can lift like 400+ pounds and no one would ever mess with them.

East Ridge has their first male cheerleader this year. He came from EC and was on the cheerleading team there. I don't know the boy or anything about him yet so I don't know if he tumbles and cheers or just helps with lifts mostly. Will update back with that sometime.

But I don't see anything wrong with it. The guys are not really different than other athletes, they train and lift weights and practice. In someways it is different but they deserve more respect than the female cheerleaders in my opinion because they take more shit for cheering. It makes them unpopular or popular in a bad way whereas girls become popular and go to all the parties and get the hot boyfriends and such...
Pikeville had a male cheerleader a couple of years ago, Griffin Myers. He was the best tumbler on the squad and helped them to their national title 8)...not to mention he could lift too.
Although I don't see too much of a problem with it, I think any guy that cheers should throw down his pom-poms and participate in a real sport....football. 8)
BB, male cheerleaders don't use pom-poms...lol But I see your point.

And Beef, I know of Griffin too and he was an awesome tumbler for Pikeville. One of my best friends looks almost identical to him.
If that's what they want to do then they should.. I don't have a problem with it
I went to an EKU basketball game a few years ago and saw the male cheerleaders stretching the female cheerleaders. If I were younger I'd probably do it....lol.
I have no problem with them though my son would not do it. I will say this they do have balls to do it esp. in Eastern Kentucky because there are a lot of Rednecks in the mountains and you know they have to give them hell. I noticed that East Ridge had one this year and I heard a lot of Warrior fans making some funny coments about it....Those guys esp, in college do have the best view in the stadium though, right up the skirt.
I think its a great job to have.... 8) 8) 8) 8) :?: :!: Idea :mrgreen: :| Big Grin

Like tribe said, Belfry's male cheerleaders during BBall season are football players. No one has ever said anything to them, I would'nt either....

If girls can play football, guys can be cheerleaders. They dont use Pom Poms either...lol
Well I talked to the male cheerleader from East Ridge last night for the first time and despite other people's opinion about him, he is a nice guy and knows his cheerleading. He can tumble and makes enough noise to help out. I like him.
Good point PHSFAN. I've heard them called all kinds of names, which most of the guys probably don't fall into. Sad.