Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Fans
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who would you nominate as the best running back in Beflry Pirates history? Click Here to nominate your favorite.
In the past 10 years or so,

1 - Doug Howard
2 - David Jones
3 - Micah Caudill
4 - Dustin May
5 - Matt Maynard
6 - Jonah Caudill
7 - Corey Chapman
8 - Curtis Childress
Actually, I would probably put Dustin May #3 and Micah Caudill #4.
Just to get it started, If we are doing this All-Time:

Doug Howard
Mikey Scott
David Pinson
David Jones
Dustin May
Micah Caudill
Jonah Caudill
What about Gary Childers? He done one heck of a not only rushing but also lead blocking for Howard & Jones during the '03-'04 seasons.
Doug Howard is a DEF> #1 IMO!
Howards winning at the moment. Sheldon Clark fans are winning 1-0 in our fan forum. We need some help from some die hard Belfry fans.
First time I have checked out the site and just wanted to commend who ever is in charge of it, looks very nice.
doj23,

I hope you have updated the poll. No offense to Curtis (who was a friend of mine) but he doesn't belong there in lieu of Micah Caudill or IMO even Matt Maynard - who although only played one year at RB, was pretty darn awesome.
Doj23,

Just went to the site. I absolutely respect what your doing and thank for your efforts.

That said, I clicked on "photos" and got 14 of the same pic of Belfry High School. Get out there and snap some photos of summer practice man!
Thanks for the positive feedback re: BelfryKy.com

I would love to get some pics of summer practice. My full-time job makes it impossible for me to make it to any practices. I am planning on taking some time off soon. If any of you get any photos while at practice send them to belfryky.com and I will see that they get added or you can send the pics and even write your own news story. There are some very knowledgable belfry fans on here that I would like to see as guest writers on belfryky.com
I would have to say...
1. Doug Howard
2. Micah Caudill
3. Jonah Caudill

They were the only one's to break the all-time rushing record that stood since 1979 before the Caudill's broke it in 97, and 02, and then Howard broke it in 04.
bigbucfan Wrote:I would have to say...
1. Doug Howard
2. Micah Caudill
3. Jonah Caudill

They were the only one's to break the all-time rushing record that stood since 1979 before the Caudill's broke it in 97, and 02, and then Howard broke it in 04.

I was thinking that it was since the 1981 football season...If I am not mistaken, Jimmy Bevins had the record and he graduated in the 1982 school year... If I am wrong, I stand corrected...He had it until the Caudills and Doug Howard came along...In my opinion...I am gonna go old school on ya, Ha Ha.

Doug Howard
David Jones
Jimmy Bevins
Frank and Leon Guyton
The Caudills
Clipson Jones
Jim Matney
Dustin May(number 2 All-time rusher in yards I believe)
Mike Scott
Curtis Childres
bucslover68 Wrote:I was thinking that it was since the 1981 football season...If I am not mistaken, Jimmy Bevins had the record and he graduated in the 1982 school year... If I am wrong, I stand corrected...He had it until the Caudills and Doug Howard came along...In my opinion...I am gonna go old school on ya, Ha Ha.

Doug Howard
David Jones
Jimmy Bevins
Frank and Leon Guyton
The Caudills
Clipson Jones
Jim Matney
Dustin May(number 2 All-time rusher in yards I believe)
Mike Scott
Curtis Childres

HAHA Like the love for my old buddy Curtis Childress, but I would think you'd have to put Keith May, David Pinson, and Tim Bob Hatfield on there before Curtis.

Now if we are giving Belfry's All-Time best DB's Curtis would make the cut, he was a phenominal cornerback.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA Like the love for my old buddy Curtis Childress, but I would think you'd have to put Keith May, David Pinson, and Tim Bob Hatfield on there before Curtis.

Now if we are giving Belfry's All-Time best DB's Curtis would make the cut, he was a phenominal cornerback.

Are we talking about dad or son Curtis??? I am talking about dad...even so those you listed are all real good ones.
bucslover68 Wrote:Are we talking about dad or son Curtis??? I am talking about dad...even so those you listed are all real good ones.

Now we're on the same page, I was talking about son and if we are talking about dad I totally agree with you!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:HAHA Like the love for my old buddy Curtis Childress, but I would think you'd have to put Keith May, David Pinson, and Tim Bob Hatfield on there before Curtis.

Tim Bob never played HB during his high school career. Now he did play fullback for a span of 2-3 games due to injuries his senior year. Granted he was one of the top 3 or 4 LBs to ever suit up for the Pirates.
wooderson Wrote:Tim Bob never played HB during his high school career. Now he did play fullback for a span of 2-3 games due to injuries his senior year. Granted he was one of the top 3 or 4 LBs to ever suit up for the Pirates.
Yea i agree, he was fun to watch cause he was always around the action.
Doug Howard
David Jones
Micah Caudill
Dustin May
Jonah Caudill
Corey Chapman
David jones!
Did you guys see david!!! Hoo ya!
doj23 Wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback re: BelfryKy.com

I would love to get some pics of summer practice. My full-time job makes it impossible for me to make it to any practices. I am planning on taking some time off soon. If any of you get any photos while at practice send them to belfryky.com and I will see that they get added or you can send the pics and even write your own news story. There are some very knowledgable belfry fans on here that I would like to see as guest writers on belfryky.com

LOVE this website! Thanks so much for this. The intro that explains what Belfry is famous for gave me goosebumps. I've never seen a community with such pride as there is in Belfry! I've moved away from there, but always miss home and miss that spirit. Belfry fans ROCK! :rockon:
Micah Caudill
Matt Maynard
David Jones
Doug Howard
i would say David Jones. He's doing pretty good for the wildcats.
Showtime_05 Wrote:Micah Caudill
Matt Maynard
David Jones
Doug Howard

i would have to agree ......Micah was in my opinion the most fun to watch it looked like he would break db's ankles with some of the moves he put on them....Doug was pure power and had one of the nastiest stiff arms ive ever seen...but they both had the after burners that nobody could touch.
1. Doug Howard
2. Mikey Scott...we could just stop right here.
3. Greg Varney
4. David Jones
5. Matt Maynard
6. Micah Caudill
7. Dustin May
8. David Pinson
9. Russell Carter
10. Jonah Caudill
Leonidas Wrote:1. Doug Howard
2. Mikey Scott...we could just stop right here.
3. Greg Varney
4. David Jones
5. Matt Maynard
6. Micah Caudill
7. Dustin May
8. David Pinson
9. Russell Carter
10. Jonah Caudill

Nice list, but with one glaring omission...Jimmy Bevins has to be on anyone's list if we are talking about all- time. Leading rusher in Belfry history until the Caudill's and Doug came along. In my opinion the best all-around athlete in Pirate history...(football, basketball, and baseball)
bucslover68 Wrote:Nice list, but with one glaring omission...Jimmy Bevins has to be on anyone's list if we are talking about all- time. Leading rusher in Belfry history until the Caudill's and Doug came along. In my opinion the best all-around athlete in Pirate history...(football, basketball, and baseball)

I'm pretty sure that Mikey broke Jimmy's record, Micah then broke his only to see his little brother Jonah get it, and then Howard broke it by about 1500 yards. And if I were guessing Dustin May is porbably second now.

But you're right, Jimmy should have been on my list. I'd probably put hime between M. Caudill and Dustin May and move everyone down a spot.
doj23 Wrote:Thanks for the positive feedback re: BelfryKy.com

I'm curious about something...why don't you have '85 or '86 listed on the poll for a favorite all time team? :confused:
Outstanding site. What ever happened to Micah Caudill?
Pages: 1 2