Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pittman to Lee County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Published in the July 31, 2008 Beattyville Enterprise:

NEW BOBCAT
"The Lee County High School Bobcats will be getting an addition this basketball season. Dontarius Pittman, 16 year old from Stockbridge, GA, has moved to Lee County this summer. The 6'4" sophomore to be was a member of the Georgia State AAU team this year..."

His grandmother is a former teacher at Lee County.

With this added inside presence and one of the top players in the region in 6'4" Aaron Charles and the rest of Lee's returning team, Lee County could surprise the 14th this season.

I've met him, watched him, and besides being a fine young man, this kid is definitely a player and will impact the 14th for the next three years.
Wow, with those 2 big guys inside, all they need is someone to bring it up the floor and throw it inside, inside and more inside. Should be unstoppable in this region. No size like that other than Collins from JBS that can play. Should be interesting.
Good luck to Lee Co
Sophomore Dontarius Pittman ("D") competed at the national level on his Atlanta based AAU team this summer, so he comes with some quality experience.

'D' is a 6'5", 175 lb. forward/center. His reach makes him more like 6'7". He is very quick and able to handle the ball very well for his age/height. Also very athletic, easily dunking from a drop-step.

Most importantly, he appears to be a very hard worker under the basket and is a quick solid defender. I'm going to predict that he and Garrison Collins (JBS) will lead the 14th in dunks and blocked shots this season.
I have seen this kid in action and he does a great job around the basket rebounding and putting it back up and does decent on the defensive end. He is a great addition to only make Lee a stronger and better team.
I watched Lee play over the weekend, and no surprize to me they were very good. Hustled very much and scored at will. The new transfer (pittman) looked good. This team should easily win 56th. I have heard some rumors of maybe 2 more key transfers possibly coming to Lee at the beginning of the season these 2 will help them tremendously. "Im talking state champions good."
I taled to a person who saw Lee play this past weekend and he said they looked really good. He asid they could compete with anyone in the region and was the 2nd best team behind Hazard.
I hope LEE Co. has a great season, but to say that they could be in the running for a state championship is a little off I don't care if the top 3 players in the 14th region come to Lee Co. they still wouldn't be a state champion contender that is just another level of basketball when you get to that level.
lee co should contend for the 14th region title this year with hazard and kcc...since i played for lee co im hoping for them to win...like ive said b4...if they can improve their defense they shouldnt have a problem in winning the 56th and should make it to the finals in the 14th for sure and can hopefully pull it off and win
Lee county is a verry tall and athletic team. They are as good or better than any team in the region in positions 2-5. They may struggle replaceing Josh Drake at point, who did a tremendous job leading the team last year. This could realy hurt them!
True they are being hurt running the charles kid at the point guard position but that kid will get his points night in and night out, i personally think he has potential to go to decent college to play. He is 6'3 and was 18th in the state in scoring last year and can shoot run and play D. good luck to him and the bobcats this year.
Dang, another team CAVEMAN will not get to see play.

Goodluck to Lee Co.
Ball4life20 Wrote:True they are being hurt running the charles kid at the point guard position but that kid will get his points night in and night out, i personally think he has potential to go to decent college to play. He is 6'3 and was 18th in the state in scoring last year and can shoot run and play D. good luck to him and the bobcats this year.

has he had anyone looking at him lately at the college level???
HotSauce32 Wrote:has he had anyone looking at him lately at the college level???

Several smaller colleges up to and including EKU.