Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals' Antwan Odom injures foot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As reported earlier in the week, Cincinnati's Antwan Odom injured his foot during training camp. X-rays were apparently negative, and the team is calling it a "sprained foot". He will be out indefinitely, although Marvin Lewis has gone on record as saying he thinks Odom will be ready for the first regular-season game.

http://www.cincinnati.com/bengals

Odom was the Bengals' big free-agent signing this offseason. He registered 8 sacks last year for the Tennessee Titans.
Not a big deal. He had 8 sacks last season and Geathers had 10.5 sacks from defensive end two seasons ago before being moved to linebacker due to injuries, so those two should be a solid pass rushing duo opposite each other on the defensive ends.

Not to mention Zimmer's new style of aggression and blitzes, as well as playing some bump-n-run on receivers and generally playing tighter coverages on other plays.

Also, Peko put on more weight and muscle and should be decent at run stopping and decent at pass rushing (pass rushing's not the defensive tackle's job in the NFL), but I'm hoping that Sims and Shirley start because Thorton's worthless and Sims is good at shedding blockers and getting after the quarterback on pass plays and is above average on running plays, and Shirley is an awesome bullrusher and is just a huge force.

It's going to be a great year!!!!!
BFritz Wrote:Not a big deal. He had 8 sacks last season and Geathers had 10.5 sacks from defensive end two seasons ago before being moved to linebacker due to injuries, so those two should be a solid pass rushing duo opposite each other on the defensive ends.

Not to mention Zimmer's new style of aggression and blitzes, as well as playing some bump-n-run on receivers and generally playing tighter coverages on other plays.

Also, Peko put on more weight and muscle and should be decent at run stopping and decent at pass rushing (pass rushing's not the defensive tackle's job in the NFL), but I'm hoping that Sims and Shirley start because Thorton's worthless and Sims is good at shedding blockers and getting after the quarterback on pass plays and is above average on running plays, and Shirley is an awesome bullrusher and is just a huge force.

It's going to be a great year!!!!!

Not a big deal? I think Odom being injured and possibly missing games is a VERY big deal, and you just listed the reasons why! Smile

Anyway, I am excited about the upcoming season, my Bengal brother. I think we can surprise some people who think we will be terrible. And yes, I agree completely about Thornton. He should be a backup at best, and I hope Sims or Shirley can beat him out to start at some point during the season.