Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Can Obama Win Without Hillary as VP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Has anyone else talked to women who say they won't turn out for Obama if HIllary isn't his VP pick?
I will make a call on this Obama will not get the nomnation Hillary will be the Democrat nominee wait till the meeting.
rallo316 Wrote:i will make a call on this Obama will not get the nomnation Hillary will be the Democrat nominee wait till the meeting.

Uh huh.I think so too.
Rallo, I don't know where you are getting that from.

But Hillary won't be the VP nominee so we shall see if Obama can win without her. Hope not.
Obama is the nominee, Hillary will not be the VP and Obama will win it all!
The Democrats have to make it offical at the meeting. I heard they are going to pick Hillary as nominee. Does not matter to me. I am writing in John Edwards.
rallo316 Wrote:the Democrats have to make it offical at the meeting i heard they are going to pick Hillary as nominee does not matter to me i am writing in John Edwards.

Yeah, I wish that John Edwards would get the nomination for the democratic party. I thought that overall he was the best choice of all democrats.
I think if Obama wants to win, he will put Hillary as the VP. He knows what he is doing. I also think he got Jesse Jackson to say all of that about him talking negative towards African Americans. They all know what they are doing..HOPE AND PRAY HE DOESN'T WIN THOUGH!
In yesterday's news two items: (1) It appears less and less likely that Obama is considering Hillary as a VP; (2) Obama's lead in two of three battleground states is within the margin of error (Florida, Ohio) and is shrinking in Pennsylvania. If these trends continue as Denver gets closer, could the Party bail on Obama and actually nominate Hillary, as an earlier poster suggested?
thecavemaster Wrote:In yesterday's news two items: (1) It appears less and less likely that Obama is considering Hillary as a VP; (2) Obama's lead in two of three battleground states is within the margin of error (Florida, Ohio) and is shrinking in Pennsylvania. If these trends continue as Denver gets closer, could the Party bail on Obama and actually nominate Hillary, as an earlier poster suggested?
bank on it.
Doesn't matter. Both Hillary and Obama will get crushed by McCain in a debate. I can't wait till Obama debates him. He'll have to finally pick some policies and stick to them.
EkyLb Wrote:Doesn't matter. Both Hillary and Obama will get crushed by McCain in a debate. I can't wait till Obama debates him. He'll have to finally pick some policies and stick to them.

Obama is for universal healthcare, with certain refinements. McCain is for a system that makes more people delcare bankruptcy than anything else. It's not the vague policies that trouble one about McCain; it's the frightening ones he sticks to. You ever personally known anyone that lost everything trying to pay bills from some catastophic injury or illness? Probably not.
EkyLb Wrote:Doesn't matter. Both Hillary and Obama will get crushed by McCain in a debate. I can't wait till Obama debates him. He'll have to finally pick some policies and stick to them.

Wanna place a bet on that one? I'll even host a debate party just to watch your man get crushed and see you reaction.:lmao:

Im sure that the former president of the Harvard law review is going to be crushed in a debate by a man that finished 894 out of 899 at the naval academy.
Obama will get crushed, especially after the conventions. The McCain camp will begin to hammer Obama. First he is not black, not legally in this country, you must be 1/8. He is only 1/16. However he is over 40% arabic, and half white. Once this comes out, toppled with his questionable religious background. His wife who is finally proud of our country, and his flip flopping. He is done. He'll bleed 10% instantly.
EkyLb Wrote:Obama will get crushed, especially after the conventions. The McCain camp will begin to hammer Obama. First he is not black, not legally in this country, you must be 1/8. He is only 1/16. However he is over 40% arabic, and half white. Once this comes out, toppled with his questionable religious background. His wife who is finally proud of our country, and his flip flopping. He is done. He'll bleed 10% instantly.

I am assuming that you are trying to be inflammatory. If not: this Obama is a Moslem thing was hashed out in the media in the democratic primary... Your percentages of racial "who he is," if to be taken seriously, can't be taken seriously. You are discounting immensely that young people are going to vote in record numbers in this election (for Obama) and that Obama has the most impressive voter registration effort talking place in history. Still, I don't think you are being serious.
EkyLb Wrote:Obama will get crushed, especially after the conventions. The McCain camp will begin to hammer Obama. First he is not black, not legally in this country, you must be 1/8. He is only 1/16. However he is over 40% arabic, and half white. Once this comes out, toppled with his questionable religious background. His wife who is finally proud of our country, and his flip flopping. He is done. He'll bleed 10% instantly.
:lmao: Where do you get this stuff?
thecavemaster Wrote:Obama is for universal healthcare, with certain refinements. McCain is for a system that makes more people delcare bankruptcy than anything else. It's not the vague policies that trouble one about McCain; it's the frightening ones he sticks to. You ever personally known anyone that lost everything trying to pay bills from some catastophic injury or illness? Probably not.

They should have bought insurance...
lawrencefan Wrote:They should have bought insurance...

Most of them do have private insurance. The poorest of the poor, however they came to be poor, have provided insurance. Walmart messes people over about insurance all the time, using public provided services to "help" people have "benefits." A simple surgery ($5,000) can cost a privately insured person a couple grand, let alone some sort of catastrophic injury or illness. An awful lot of poor people aren't lazy; they take the early train; they mop the floors the middle class and rich walk on. They clean the bathrooms; they clean the hotel rooms. Ever personally known a working poor person that lost everything trying to pay bills from some catastophic health situation? Probably not.
DevilsWin Wrote::lmao: Where do you get this stuff?

Sorry if your king isn't all he claims to be. Yesterday in Youngstown he was talking about doing away with term limits.
EkyLb Wrote:Sorry if your king isn't all he claims to be. Yesterday in Youngstown he was talking about doing away with term limits.
LOL OK here's the deal. Both McCain and Obama will promise things and make pledges that they have no intention of following up on because they want to win and the sad fact of the matter is to win the General election you can't speak truth to the population becasue there are too many special interests. Both will flip flop like you have never seen.
Just yesterday Obama said he may consider new offshore drilling sites as part of a comprehensive energy plan which would also include green/renewable energy sources.
So don't be suprised,....anyting is possible.

BTW I also agree that the 2 party system is ruining America.
DevilsWin Wrote:Both McCain and Obama will promise things and make pledges that they have no intention of following up on because they want to win and the sad fact of the matter is to win the General election you can't speak truth to the population becasue there are too many special interests. Both will flip flop like you have never seen.

BTW I also agree that the 2 party system is ruining America.

:Clap: :Clap:

I agree with both those statements completely. Neither candidate is a saint, and also neither one is evil. Even though many would have you believe so (depending on their party affiliation).

See, we can agree on some things. Smile
thecavemaster Wrote:I am assuming that you are trying to be inflammatory. If not: this Obama is a Moslem thing was hashed out in the media in the democratic primary... Your percentages of racial "who he is," if to be taken seriously, can't be taken seriously. You are discounting immensely that young people are going to vote in record numbers in this election (for Obama) and that Obama has the most impressive voter registration effort talking place in history. Still, I don't think you are being serious.

I get tired of hearing about how many young people are gonna come out to vote. I fall int hat category. Majority of the people I know my age are voting for McCain. Most of which won't vote at all anyways. Personally, I would be fearful if I had to depend on my peers at this stage in their life to make the political decisions for this country.

BTW Obama may not be a Muslim, never said he was. I actually believe he is a Christian, he has just said some things that will make it seem questionable to a lot of people. I never doubt anyone when they claim a religion. It is not up to me to decide how faithfully someone believes in Christ. He has been quoted as saying he believes atheists and non believers in Jesus will get into heaven. Now someone may have misquoted him, or even just made up the quote, I didn't hear it come from his mouth. However, if he did say those things, that kinda goes against the basis of Christianty in my opinion, which is you must believe in Jesus as your savior and the son of God and that he died for your sins, so that your name will be written in the Book of Life and you will be given access through the gates of heaven to eternal life. That is what I believe, in my eyes that is what makes you a Christian. Other people may feel differently, some people feel it is based on actions and how you live your life. I can only speak on what I believe and hope other people think hard on what I have said. Obama very well may believe the same thing as myself, I have no idea for certain. I can only go by what Ive heard in the media, which everything I hear from them I take not with a grain of salt, but a cup.
EkyLb Wrote:I get tired of hearing about how many young people are gonna come out to vote. I fall int hat category. Majority of the people I know my age are voting for McCain. Most of which won't vote at all anyways. Personally, I would be fearful if I had to depend on my peers at this stage in their life to make the political decisions for this country.

BTW Obama may not be a Muslim, never said he was. I actually believe he is a Christian, he has just said some things that will make it seem questionable to a lot of people. I never doubt anyone when they claim a religion. It is not up to me to decide how faithfully someone believes in Christ. He has been quoted as saying he believes atheists and non believers in Jesus will get into heaven. Now someone may have misquoted him, or even just made up the quote, I didn't hear it come from his mouth. However, if he did say those things, that kinda goes against the basis of Christianty in my opinion, which is you must believe in Jesus as your savior and the son of God and that he died for your sins, so that your name will be written in the Book of Life and you will be given access through the gates of heaven to eternal life. That is what I believe, in my eyes that is what makes you a Christian. Other people may feel differently, some people feel it is based on actions and how you live your life. I can only speak on what I believe and hope other people think hard on what I have said. Obama very well may believe the same thing as myself, I have no idea for certain. I can only go by what Ive heard in the media, which everything I hear from them I take not with a grain of salt, but a cup.

And, of course, the 18 to 25 years old you know make for a representative sample of the whole country... The issue for a President (see John F. Kennedy in front of all the Christian ministers in Houston) is will he uphold the Constitution in the carrying out of his/her duties and not be unduly influenced by religious interests. If you believe some "born of a virgin, raised on the third day" litmus test should be instituted, that's your business, but it's contrary to the founding priniciples of this country.
EkyLb Wrote:I get tired of hearing about how many young people are gonna come out to vote. I fall int hat category. Majority of the people I know my age are voting for McCain. Most of which won't vote at all anyways. Personally, I would be fearful if I had to depend on my peers at this stage in their life to make the political decisions for this country.

If you haven't heard it from him yourself why continue to spread possible misinformation?
That's my biggest gripe with the Conservative Right, they seem to care not about the truth. If the spread of misinformation suits their cause than so be it!

Like the Obama inflate your tires remark. Conservatives think it's a joke. But the reality is that proper inflation of tire will save gas at a rate of 3-4 percent annually per car. Bill Richardson used to have PSA's to that effect running on every radio station in the US when he was Energy Secretary under Clinton and Bush.
But now Republicans think its a big joke. It's not a joke.
thecavemaster Wrote:And, of course, the 18 to 25 years old you know make for a representative sample of the whole country... The issue for a President (see John F. Kennedy in front of all the Christian ministers in Houston) is will he uphold the Constitution in the carrying out of his/her duties and not be unduly influenced by religious interests. If you believe some "born of a virgin, raised on the third day" litmus test should be instituted, that's your business, but it's contrary to the founding priniciples of this country.
I know the 18-25 year olds that he hangs out with and believe me, they're not a representative group of most 18-25 year olds. LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:I know the 18-25 year olds that he hangs out with and believe me, they're not a representative group of most 18-25 year olds. LOL

I dont know who he hangs out with, but almost everyone I know in that age group is going to vote for obama, or just not vote. Most studies are also showing that this young generation is very liberal.

Almost all of the Hillary supporters I know are know Obama supporters, none of them want to see that idiot mccain in office.

But I guess everyone can have a different view on this as you typically hang out with those who have similar views.
yes he can
I'm 25, and I for sure will not be voting for Obama. I only have a couple of friends who will. I'd say 95% of them won't.
thecavemaster Wrote:And, of course, the 18 to 25 years old you know make for a representative sample of the whole country... The issue for a President (see John F. Kennedy in front of all the Christian ministers in Houston) is will he uphold the Constitution in the carrying out of his/her duties and not be unduly influenced by religious interests. If you believe some "born of a virgin, raised on the third day" litmus test should be instituted, that's your business, but it's contrary to the founding priniciples of this country.

This country is founded on Christian morals and principles. Majority of the founding fathers believed it should be ran under those beliefs. While they would not discriminate against anyone who did not follow those beliefs, didn't mean they did not want the country to be governed in such a way that God and Jesus were completely taken out.

“ God governs in the affairs of man. And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without His aid? We have been assured in the Sacred Writings that except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it. I firmly believe this. I also believe that, without His concurring aid, we shall succeed in this political building no better than the builders of Babel” Ben Franklin Constitutional Convention 1787.

Alexander Hamilton:
• Hamilton began work with the Rev. James Bayard to form the Christian Constitutional Society to help spread over the world the two things which Hamilton said made America great:
(1) Christianity
(2) a Constitution formed under Christianity.
“The Christian Constitutional Society, its object is first: The support of the Christian religion. Second: The support of the United States.”

"For my own part, I sincerely esteem it [the Constitution] a system which without the finger of God, never could have been suggested and agreed upon by such a diversity of interests." [1787 after the Constitutional Convention]

John Adams:
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion. Avarice, ambition, revenge, or gallantry, would break the strongest cords of our Constitution as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --October 11, 1798

Patrick Henry:
"Orator of the Revolution."
• This is all the inheritance I can give my dear family. The religion of Christ can give them one which will make them rich indeed.”
—The Last Will and Testament of Patrick Henry

“It cannot be emphasized too clearly and too often that this nation was founded, not by religionists, but by Christians; not on religion, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ. For this very reason, peoples of other faiths have been afforded asylum, prosperity, and freedom of worship here.” [May 1765 Speech to the House of Burgesses]

John Jay:
“ Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.” Source: October 12, 1816. The Correspondence and Public Papers of John Jay, Henry P. Johnston, ed., (New York: Burt Franklin, 1970), Vol. IV, p. 393.

Samuel Johnston:
• “It is apprehended that Jews, Mahometans (Muslims), pagans, etc., may be elected to high offices under the government of the United States. Those who are Mahometans, or any others who are not professors of the Christian religion, can never be elected to the office of President or other high office, [unless] first the people of America lay aside the Christian religion altogether, it may happen. Should this unfortunately take place, the people will choose such men as think as they do themselves.
[Elliot’s Debates, Vol. IV, pp 198-199, Governor Samuel Johnston, July 30, 1788 at the North Carolina Ratifying Convention]

In 1812, President Madison signed a federal bill which economically aided the Bible Society of Philadelphia in its goal of the mass distribution of the Bible.
“ An Act for the relief of the Bible Society of Philadelphia” Approved February 2, 1813 by Congress

At the Constitutional Convention of 1787, James Madison proposed the plan to divide the central government into three branches. He discovered this model of government from the Perfect Governor, as he read Isaiah 33:22;
“For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver,
the LORD is our king;
He will save us.”

Jedediah Morse:
"To the kindly influence of Christianity we owe that degree of civil freedom, and political and social happiness which mankind now enjoys. . . . Whenever the pillars of Christianity shall be overthrown, our present republican forms of government, and all blessings which flow from them, must fall with them."

Thomas Paine:
“ It has been the error of the schools to teach astronomy, and all the other sciences, and subjects of natural philosophy, as accomplishments only; whereas they should be taught theologically, or with reference to the Being who is the author of them: for all the principles of science are of divine origin. Man cannot make, or invent, or contrive principles: he can only discover them; and he ought to look through the discovery to the Author.”
“ The evil that has resulted from the error of the schools, in teaching natural philosophy as an accomplishment only, has been that of generating in the pupils a species of atheism. Instead of looking through the works of creation to the Creator himself, they stop short, and employ the knowledge they acquire to create doubts of his existence. They labour with studied ingenuity to ascribe every thing they behold to innate properties of matter, and jump over all the rest by saying, that matter is eternal.” “The Existence of God--1810”

Benjamin Rush:
• “I lament that we waste so much time and money in punishing crimes and take so little pains to prevent them…we neglect the only means of establishing and perpetuating our republican forms of government; that is, the universal education of our youth in the principles of Christianity by means of the Bible; for this Divine Book, above all others, constitutes the soul of republicanism.” “By withholding the knowledge of [the Scriptures] from children, we deprive ourselves of the best means of awakening moral sensibility in their minds.” [Letter written (1790’s) in Defense of the Bible in all schools in America]
• “Christianity is the only true and perfect religion.”
• “If moral precepts alone could have reformed mankind, the mission of the Son of God into our world would have been unnecessary.”

"Let the children who are sent to those schools be taught to read and write and above all, let both sexes be carefully instructed in the principles and obligations of the Christian religion. This is the most essential part of education”
Letters of Benjamin Rush, "To the citizens of Philadelphia: A Plan for Free Schools", March 28, 1787
Pages: 1 2 3