Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Griffey Jr. Throat Slashed at Brantley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is Griffey being too sensitive, or is Brantley too critical of Reds' players?
Brantley is an idiot. No excuse for Jr. doing this but some if not most of Brantley's comments are not only over the top but flat out stupid and ridiculous. I use to enjoy listening to him call games but it's getting old really quick.:mad:
I think I read that Brantley and Griffey met about it. Has Marty commented on it?
What is the situation? I havent heard anything about it.
Jeff Brantley is the absolute worst broadcaster the Reds have employed.
When doing analysis, he is poor and nothing but negative.
When doing play by play, it is time to turn the dial.

He needs to go.
MaroonMonsoon77 Wrote:What is the situation? I havent heard anything about it.

The other night, after Griffey hit a home run, he looked up at the radio broadcast booth and made the slash the throat gesture up at Brantley.
i don't like Brantley either he is a butthead.
thecavemaster Wrote:The other night, after Griffey hit a home run, he looked up at the radio broadcast booth and made the slash the throat gesture up at Brantley.

Wowwww! Thats the first time ive ever heard of anything like that.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Jeff Brantley is the absolute worst broadcaster the Reds have employed.
When doing analysis, he is poor and nothing but negative.
When doing play by play, it is time to turn the dial.

He needs to go.

Griffey isn't the only Reds player to have butted heads with Brantley. I remember a few weeks back, David Weathers ripped into him for dogging the team during a broadcast. I think Brantley had said it looked like the Reds weren't trying or had quit, something like that. When it got back to Weathers, he got livid, and justifiably so.

I agree, at first I appreciated Brantley's candor, but he's really gone overboard with it now. It's one thing to be honest, it's another thing to always focus on the negative and ignore the positives.
It's been going on since at least the beginning of the season. He said something in the first few weeks that I can't recall but I do remember some up roar and I started turning the sound down when watching and instead would listen to the radio.
I agree, Can't stand hearing him or Joe Morgan broadcast a game!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I agree, Can't stand hearing him or Joe Morgan broadcast a game!

Aww man how could you dislike Joe Morgan.:wtf1:He's an awsome broadcaster!
I work at a radio station that carries Reds games and let me tell ya it is complete and utter torture listening to Brantley call games. He is by far the worst broadcaster I have ever heard. It is ridiculous when he gets the trivia question correct, he gets so excited he poops his pants. I never did like him even when he was on ESPN, can see why they got rid of him, time for the Reds to do the same.