Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Justin Murray-Paintsville...Is he planning on going to School anywhere??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just thinking of Paintsvilles starters off that amazing team and Justin Murray the only player who hasn't signed somewhere to play a sport. Bundy and Slone will be suiting up for Mid-Cont. and UK respectfully for basketball, VanHoose will play football for Georgetown, and Grimm will Play Baseball and may possibly play Basketball for Walters State JC. Murray was a great player and was the backbone of the team and played as hard as anyone in the region. I figured after his performance at the Sweet 16 he could at least pay his own way to play somewhere small Like Transylvana for instance or even Kentucky Christian, two non-scholarship schools. But not sure about his family income or what not and I'n not tring to get into that but he is much better than some of the regional players who had commited somewhere....any Idea of his plans, or is he even going to college in the fall.
Moe Wrote:Just thinking of Paintsvilles starters off that amazing team and Justin Murray the only player who hasn't signed somewhere to play a sport. Bundy and Slone will be suiting up for Mid-Cont. and UK respectfully for basketball, VanHoose will play football for Georgetown, and Grimm will Play Baseball and may possibly play Basketball for Walters State JC. Murray was a great player and was the backbone of the team and played as hard as anyone in the region. I figured after his performance at the Sweet 16 he could at least pay his own way to play somewhere small Like Transylvana for instance or even Kentucky Christian, two non-scholarship schools. But not sure about his family income or what not and I'n not tring to get into that but he is much better than some of the regional players who had commited somewhere....any Idea of his plans, or is he even going to college in the fall.
How in the world could you come up with a notion like that? Rolleyes

Evidently you dont have the first clue as to what entails playing college athletics. He better worry about trying to stay eligible and work to be able to compete in and play just one sport at the college level. I promise you that it will be everything and more for him to play just one sport. The demands in the classroom and on the field can prove to be overwhelming.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:How in the world could you come up with a notion like that? Rolleyes

Evidently you dont have the first clue as to what entails playing college athletics. He better worry about trying to stay eligible and work to be able to compete in and play just one sport at the college level. I promise you that it will be everything and more for him to play just one sport. The demands in the classroom and on the field can prove to be overwhelming.

AMEN to that!!!!! Student athletes put in extra long hours in both their respected sport and the classroom. College coaches expect nothing less than 110% in both the class room and the field/court!
Not trying to start anything just stating that if he chose to I think could. Haven't heard anything just throwing the idea other.
Moe Wrote:Not trying to start anything just stating that if he chose to I think could. Haven't heard anything just throwing the idea other.
Seeing that college baseball begins actually playing their games the first week in February and college basketball does not end until sometime in March, I kind of view playing both as sort of an impossible thing to do, wouldn't you?
This post is not about Shane Grimm and baseball it is about Justin Murray and basketball. Justin has enrolled into BSC&TC and is working this summer.
Justin was a great counterpart to Bundy! Awesome combo. And his hard work and hustle was sure a factor in getting the Tigers as far as they went. But I don't personally think he has the height and natural talent to effectively play on the college level. Anyway, whatever, he does, best of luck and thanks for the help last season!!! You won't be forgotten by the Tiger fans!!