Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th District (Off-Season)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With what each team has returning and all the changes around the 58th, who will be the frontrunner and so on. Also, what does each team need to do before season starts to become a better and more successful team.

Front-Runners-?
Favorite-?
Top Players-?
Conf. Standings?
Conf. Player of the Year-?
Dist. Tour. Champs and Runner-up?
and whatever you feel like adding or want to add...
Front runner- AC and BL
Favorite- AC (IF PRATER PLAYS)
Top Players- Josh Prater (if he plays) Logan Crowder, Michael Burchett, Shannon Turner
Conference Standings- AC,BL,PBurg,SF
Conf Player of the year- Josh Prater (if he plays) or Logan Crowder (YES A JUNIOR CAN WIN THIS AWARD)
District Champs- AC or Pburg, the other is the runner up
runninrebs21 Wrote:Front runner- AC and BL
Favorite- AC (IF PRATER PLAYS)
Top Players- Josh Prater (if he plays) Logan Crowder, Michael Burchett, Shannon Turner
Conference Standings- AC,BL,PBurg,SF
Conf Player of the year- Josh Prater (if he plays) or Logan Crowder (YES A JUNIOR CAN WIN THIS AWARD)
District Champs- AC or Pburg, the other is the runner up

I agree, I just don't think that their is a clear favorite to win the district.
Allen Central lost their two best guards last season and they have no other guard that will be able to provide their scoring, assists, ball-handling, or defense. Betsy Layne lost 4 starters, Prestonsburg lost 3 starters, and South Floyd lost their leading scorer Wes Akers, but the Raiders do return a young team with experience.
I cant believe looking at this district how weak it has become, compared to past years. I mean, SF, BL, and P-burg cant play and now since they got rid of the best thing they had left in the district in Johnny Martin, I doubt AC will be very good. This is a serious question, dont young kids grow up playing ball in Floyd CO anymore? I mean where is the talent?
TheMasterpiece Wrote:I cant believe looking at this district how weak it has become, compared to past years. I mean, SF, BL, and P-burg cant play and now since they got rid of the best thing they had left in the district in Johnny Martin, I doubt AC will be very good. This is a serious question, dont young kids grow up playing ball in Floyd CO anymore? I mean where is the talent?

I agree, South Floyd & Allen Central are usually traditional basketball powerhouses in the 15th, now South Floyd is at the bottom of the 15th usually along with the other 3 schools. Prestonsburg has always been a football school, at least they have some sort of an excuse. The last known talent Floyd County has produced was Landon Slone, and Allen Central & Prestonsburg let him get away.
Good post blackcat.
The graduation of Alex Hammonds kills AC. He basically did everything for them last season. They do however return Logan Crowder and Josh Prater which was their best two players behind Hammonds last season So AC should again be favored in the district, although IMO Pburg is very close and have possibly the top player in the district in Burchett. They also have a descent hard working PG in Jody Tackett who should improve with the experience. The key that most people hasn't said alot about is the development of their big kid "Tayshaun" who has the ability to change a game defensivley by altering shots. he didn't play alot last season but under Pack should develop alot. BL and SF will round out the district but will struggle to win game unless they play a very weak schedule.....#1 AC,#2 PHS,#3 BL,#4 SF
Warriors23RJ Wrote:The graduation of Alex Hammonds kills AC. He basically did everything for them last season. They do however return Logan Crowder and Josh Prater which was their best two players behind Hammonds last season So AC should again be favored in the district, although IMO Pburg is very close and have possibly the top player in the district in Burchett. They also have a descent hard working PG in Jody Tackett who should improve with the experience. The key that most people hasn't said alot about is the development of their big kid "Tayshaun" who has the ability to change a game defensivley by altering shots. he didn't play alot last season but under Pack should develop alot. BL and SF will round out the district but will struggle to win game unless they play a very weak schedule.....#1 AC,#2 PHS,#3 BL,#4 SF

Steven recently transferred to Montgomery County.
Wow, that loose is huge it'll hurt them alot more than people think.
Looks like the Bobcats will be looking for a new coach for the new season.
Did Brian Hall take the Powell Co job? What happened with him at Betsy Layne?
AC should win this district but don't count out my Blackcats.
AC and P-burg should be the top two teams.

P-burg: With Coach Pack returning to the boys they will be more disciplined this year which has been lacking. Top players:

Austin Gearheart, Senior (Center) - Austin is very atheltic and strong. 6' 2" and jumps well. He has to stay out of foul trouble.

Steven Pactrick, Senior (Center) - I have not confirmed if Steven has transferred. 6' 5" and plays bigger. Can block shots on anybody. Can shoot the 3 and has great touch. He has to get stronger and more aggressive.

Michael Burchett, Junior (Strong Forward) - 6' 2" and can shoot the 3. His greatest assest is his Basketball intelligience. Great rebounder. Needs to work on taking his man off the tribble.

Cameron Tincher, Junior (Small Forward) - 5' 11" and can jump out of the gym. Probably the best athelete on the team. He can dunk with two hands behind his back. Can score inside because of his leaping ability. Needs to work on his outside shot and get a little stronger.

Tyler Hall, Junior (2 Guard) - 5' 10" but was the best rebounder on the JV team last year. Like Burchett this kid is a smart player. He is probably the purest shooter on the team. Needs to work on his quickness.

Jody Tackett, Senior (PG) - 5' 10", he must step up this year and become a leader. He has great hands and can see the floor. He can take most PG's off the tribble and score the ball inside. He must become a "PG" this year. Don't force his shot and take what the defense gives him.

Off the bench: Alex Stumbo (Senior), Austin McKinney (Junior), Seth Setser (Senior) if he plays.

AC's new coach has big shoes to fill.

They should have the advantage inside. Both the Crowder boys are big and strong and shoot the ball real well. Prater also has a great shooting touch. They were not very deep last year and will have a tough time replacing the Hammonds kid at point. I think they may struggle at the beginning of the year, but I expect at the end of the season they will be right in the mix for the district championship.

Who are the younger players expected to step up and play this year?
Blackcats2954 Wrote:AC and P-burg should be the top two teams.

P-burg: With Coach Pack returning to the boys they will be more disciplined this year which has been lacking. Top players:

Austin Gearheart, Senior (Center) - Austin is very atheltic and strong. 6' 2" and jumps well. He has to stay out of foul trouble.

Steven Pactrick, Senior (Center) - I have not confirmed if Steven has transferred. 6' 5" and plays bigger. Can block shots on anybody. Can shoot the 3 and has great touch. He has to get stronger and more aggressive.

Michael Burchett, Junior (Strong Forward) - 6' 2" and can shoot the 3. His greatest assest is his Basketball intelligience. Great rebounder. Needs to work on taking his man off the tribble.

Cameron Tincher, Junior (Small Forward) - 5' 11" and can jump out of the gym. Probably the best athelete on the team. He can dunk with two hands behind his back. Can score inside because of his leaping ability. Needs to work on his outside shot and get a little stronger.

Tyler Hall, Junior (2 Guard) - 5' 10" but was the best rebounder on the JV team last year. Like Burchett this kid is a smart player. He is probably the purest shooter on the team. Needs to work on his quickness.

Jody Tackett, Senior (PG) - 5' 10", he must step up this year and become a leader. He has great hands and can see the floor. He can take most PG's off the tribble and score the ball inside. He must become a "PG" this year. Don't force his shot and take what the defense gives him.

Off the bench: Alex Stumbo (Senior), Austin McKinney (Junior), Seth Setser (Senior) if he plays.

AC's new coach has big shoes to fill.

They should have the advantage inside. Both the Crowder boys are big and strong and shoot the ball real well. Prater also has a great shooting touch. They were not very deep last year and will have a tough time replacing the Hammonds kid at point. I think they may struggle at the beginning of the year, but I expect at the end of the season they will be right in the mix for the district championship.

Who are the younger players expected to step up and play this year?

You better hope those Pburg boys your so hyped up on don't get that "trouble tribble" called on em. That'll be a turnover everytime
100%SUCCESS Wrote:You better hope those Pburg boys your so hyped up on don't get that "trouble tribble" called on em. That'll be a turnover everytime

WHAT IN THE WORLD!!!
It's awful early to talk basketball predictions...but why not!

I think Prestonsburg is going to be better than people believe. Allen Central has to gell under a new coach, who also has to be accepted by the fan base. Betsy Layne is still growing, as is South Floyd, but both teams should be better than last season.

Sad thing - the 58th will be the weakest district in the region this season. Can't wait til basketball season!
I hope Betsy Layne doesn't get Fouble Fibble, A.C the Grouble Gribble, or, South Floyd the Krouble Kribble.
Man those things can screw ya up every time !

Oh, & theres that dreaded Double Dribble. Well, it isn't ever hardly called anymore in the High school ranks.
Yeah, What the ?#%$ are you trying to say??? LOL
miss_balls Wrote:I hope Betsy Layne doesn't get Fouble Fibble, A.C the Grouble Gribble, or, South Floyd the Krouble Kribble.
Man those things can screw ya up every time !

Oh, & theres that dreaded Double Dribble. Well, it isn't ever hardly called anymore in the High school ranks.

Ok that's not even funny! I said what I said, because in the previous posts, if you would have read them, the member used the word tribble rather than dribble! But nice try, attempting to get a laugh!!!
Prestonsburg will win the district this year. Why? Two words, Jack Pack. Enough said.
As far as talent goes I like BL, but the most talented team doesn't always come out on top. I think the 58th is up for grabs this year. I think any one of the 4 teams could win the district. Not much difference between any of them IMO.
A.C.'s new coach will do just fine.
SF is going to surprise some people this year, I am not going to go as far as them winning District, but they will be a whole lot better than last year. This year they will play a lot more team ball. They have some pretty good athletes, and if they start clicking at the right time they could be dangerous.
Remorcefull Raider Wrote:SF is going to surprise some people this year, I am not going to go as far as them winning District, but they will be a whole lot better than last year. This year they will play a lot more team ball. They have some pretty good athletes, and if they start clicking at the right time they could be dangerous.

I agree 100% with you remorcefull. the raiders have some pretty good athletes and if they get to working together watch out!!!
Front Runner- Prestonsburg and Allen Central.
Favorite- Prestonsburg.
Top Players- Michael Burchett, Logan Crowder, J.D Head.
Conf. Standings- Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Conf. Player of the Year- Logan Crowder or Jody Tackett

Champions- Prestonsburg
Runners up- Betsy Layne
Black_Rebel23 Wrote:Front Runner- Prestonsburg and Allen Central.
Favorite- Prestonsburg.
Top Players- Michael Burchett, Logan Crowder, J.D Head.
Conf. Standings- Prestonsburg
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
South Floyd
Conf. Player of the Year- Logan Crowder or Jody Tackett

Champions- Prestonsburg
Runners up- Betsy Layne

Don't see how Prestonsburg is the favorite. I agree with the Top Players you have listed. But How is Tackett a Player of the Year candidate and not a top player:confused:...

Conf. Champ.-Whoever wants it more...
Dist. Champ-Whoever wants it more..
Nobody is running like jr. newsomes boys there runnin with bricks on the bl hill there gonna be good this yr
I definitely think that Betsy Layne will surprise a lot of people this year. Seriously what have they lost? They will actually be better this year and play as a team now that Brennan Case and Samuel Keathley are gone.
Bryant Tibbs is the most under rated player in the 15th region. He could be one of the best players in the mountains. I see him playing a big role in the Betsy Layne Bobcats being the 58th District Champions. Tibbs and Josh Head will dominate the posts in the 15th, their only problem will be Valley.
Everyone will be surprised!!
Powerade_Girl Wrote:I definitely think that Betsy Layne will surprise a lot of people this year. Seriously what have they lost? They will actually be better this year and play as a team now that Brennan Case and Samuel Keathley are gone.
Bryant Tibbs is the most under rated player in the 15th region. He could be one of the best players in the mountains. I see him playing a big role in the Betsy Layne Bobcats being the 58th District Champions. Tibbs and Josh Head will dominate the posts in the 15th, their only problem will be Valley.

i agree..
i believe they
will be alot better this year & really surprise alot of people.
Powerade_Girl Wrote:I definitely think that Betsy Layne will surprise a lot of people this year. Seriously what have they lost? They will actually be better this year and play as a team now that Brennan Case and Samuel Keathley are gone.

Well I sure hope he can back up what you just said...Bryant Tibbs; not knocking the kid, but he really hasn't done anything to be rated. I mean seriously some of BL's own fans get on here and he's starting for some and some he is not. If he's that underrated and will do that good this season, why dont other's see it beside you.
Pages: 1 2