Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Your "The Dark Knight" Movie Reviews
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's you review of the movie? For me, its was awesome! Heath Ledger went out in pure fashion as he put together one of the best acting jobs of all-time. The movie was nearly 2 hours and 30 minuets long and there wasn't a boring part in the whole movie. I recommend this movie to everyone, its well worth the price of admission!

I give it :Thumbs:!
just got home from watching it one of if not the best movies i have ever watched and i recommend everyone to go watch it when ever you get the chance.
Going to watch it tonight and looking forward to it. I'll post my review later on.
Saw movie this morning. Heath Ledger was very good, but i'm kinda tired of the whole Batman franchise. Good movie. Worth a look.
Just saw it. Even though I had to sit in the front row and get a neck cramp, it was still a great movie.
My son watched this movie Friday morning. He is a big Batman fan but HATED this movie....
i think it's one of the best movies i have ever watched. it's not the cartoonish comic book type film like all the the old ones in the first legacy. this movie is more dark and deep, like batman begins, only better.
"i'm going to make this pencil disappear"
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:i think it's one of the best movies i have ever watched. it's not the cartoonish comic book type film like all the the old ones in the first legacy. this movie is more dark and deep, like batman begins, only better.
"i'm going to make this pencil disappear"

That was hilarious!
Finally got the chance to watch it and it lived up to all the hype. Heath Ledger put on a performance that no one will ever forget. Movie had so many twist and turns and was one of my all time favorites.
5 Stars! Great performance by all the actors! I liked the comic relief that was thrown in at some parts. And when I expected it to be over, there was another twist. I thought it was done when 2 face was introduced, didn't expect him to die at the end.

The only thing that leaves me wondering is, if this is supposed to be a trilogy, they sure didn't leave much to play off of like they did in Batman Begins with the Joker card. Should be interesting!
Saw it yesterday and its almost flawless. I didnt think that any Batman movie would be better than the the first one (The 1989 version) but this one blew it out of the water. I also thought there was no way that anyone could do a better Joker than Jack Nicholson did but Heath Ledger did great and is right up there with him. I cant wait till the 3rd one.
Absolutely spectacular! One of the best movies of all time, in my opinion. I agree that it wasn't like the comic book because it was so dark and real. Great performance by the whole cast. Heath Ledger will never be forgotten. This movie makes sure of that.
I thought it was an awesome movie. When I heard Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker, I was dissapointed. But I thought he was freakin twisted, and played it perfectly. What a way to go out..Christian Bale is still the best Batman IMO, and I like the way the new series is dark as opposed to the first Batman and the ones that followed it..I thought this movie was smart, dark, twisted, and funny..I give it 5 stars as well.
Beef Wrote:5 Stars! Great performance by all the actors! I liked the comic relief that was thrown in at some parts. And when I expected it to be over, there was another twist. I thought it was done when 2 face was introduced, didn't expect him to die at the end.

The only thing that leaves me wondering is, if this is supposed to be a trilogy, they sure didn't leave much to play off of like they did in Batman Begins with the Joker card. Should be interesting!
WHOA! give a little spoiler alert before you post the ending, haha.
Beef Wrote:5 Stars! Great performance by all the actors! I liked the comic relief that was thrown in at some parts. And when I expected it to be over, there was another twist. I thought it was done when 2 face was introduced, didn't expect him to die at the end.

Are you sure he was dead?
Heath Ledger was GREAT as the Joker and like everyone else has said, he will definitely be remembered best for this role. He was sadistic and dark and was definitely my favorite character in the movie. This movie wouldnt have been any good at all if he hadnt played the Joker. I also think Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent aka Two Face was a good choice, he did fine in the role. To tell the truth, I liked all the actors except for Christian Bale. I just dont like him as Batman and I dont think anyone will ever fill the role like Michael Keaton, he is the true Batman. Even Christian Bale said so, I read somewhere that Bale and Keaton were eating at the same place and Bale sent a message over to Keaton telling him he was still the true Batman and I couldnt agree more. The two jackasses that played Batman after Keaton were terrible. Maybe Im just old school but I like the first two Batman movies the best and like I said before, Heath Ledger is the only reason I liked this movie and is the only reason I will most likely buy it when it comes out on DVD.
Okay, I finally saw this movie tonight, so I can make a review.

I didn't read any spoilers beforehand because I knew I would be seeing it soon, so nothing was ruined for me.

Christian Bale did a pretty good job playing Batman, but the one thing that irked me was his voice when he was in the suit. That grumbly, low voice he did just kind of bothered me.

To my surprise, Ledger played the role of The Joker great. IMO, it trumps Nicholson's performance.

Gary Oldman was also very good, but I expected him to be good, he is good in all of his roles.

Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent/Two Face was good, but nothing spectacular. I'm interested to see if he will make a reprise in a future film. It's my feeling that Harvey Dent is dead, but not Two Face, and he will come back as Two Face in the future. Batman and Commis. Gordon may be the only ones who know Two Faces true identity in the future film, but he may be seen again.

The left The Joker up for grabs at the end. I doubt we will see the Joker again in any future Batman movies, but I may be wrong because they never tied anything up....the last we see of him is when the SWAT team arrives.

Overall it was a very good movie and I think it was better than Batman Begins. I knew throughout the movie that I had heard the name Harvey Dent before but couldn't place where, and when they showed that he was still alive in the hospital I was like "ah ha!"

Good movie, two thumbs up from me.

Now...I just need to watch Step Brothers.
I liked it, but I didn't like that Harvey Dent became Two Face that late and played that short of a role as Two Face.
I agree with you comforteagle, I didnt like Bale's voice when he is in the batman suit either, he did the same thing in Batman Begins and it irked the **** out of me. I dont think they should do anything with the Joker role if they do another movie seeing as how there is no one that can do it justice after Heath played the part as brilliantly as he did. I also agree with what you say about the Two Face character, it was too short lived and they should definitely bring it back if they do another part. Like I said in a previous post, this movie wouldnt have been what it was without Ledger.
yeah, but i mean, doesn't that make it more realistic? I mean anyone wearing a mask talking to people in their normal voice is going to get their identity busted.
Michael Keaton talked normal while in the Batman suit in the original movie.
Jimmy Dugan Wrote:yeah, but i mean, doesn't that make it more realistic? I mean anyone wearing a mask talking to people in their normal voice is going to get their identity busted.

As realistic as a grown man in a black, rubber suit fighting crime under the persona of a human bat? Smile

I understand why he has a different voice (to hide his identity) but it just sounded weird to me. He sounded like Randy Macho man Savage whenever he talked.
ya gotta make it somewhat realistic.
by far, the best batman movie yet
I have not watched it and probably never will.

Therefore, this isn't actually a review, just my opinion.

I don't know why this movie has been pegged the greatest movie of all time, I don't know why it has grossed so much at the box office, the only thing I honestly gather is the fact that Heath Ledger is in it.

The movie itself may be awesome, I will never know. To me, it just seems that if he had not died right after making this movie it would not have blew up like this. At all.
thetribe Wrote:I have not watched it and probably never will.

Therefore, this isn't actually a review, just my opinion.

I don't know why this movie has been pegged the greatest movie of all time, I don't know why it has grossed so much at the box office, the only thing I honestly gather is the fact that Heath Ledger is in it.

The movie itself may be awesome, I will never know. To me, it just seems that if he had not died right after making this movie it would not have blew up like this. At all.

Why not watch the movie and find out?
Not my type of movie. I have never watched any of the Batman movies, or have been old enough to actually remember watching them, and really don't have the urge to.

I'm not saying that it is a BAD movie. I just don't think it is as great as everyone says that it is.

And if it is indeed a great movie, it was not viewed like it has been on the SOLE fact of its greatness. Heath Ledger played a huge part in it.

I see it turning into one of those cult classics like Kill Bill.
I am so sick of people saying that this movie did as good as it did because of Heath Ledgers death. It would have been big even if he was still alive. I do believe though that if he hadnt been in it then, no, it wouldnt have been as great as it was. Like I said before, he made the movie what it is and really is the only reason I wanted to watch it. They showed trailers of it before he died and when I saw how good he was in just the trailer I knew I wanted to see it. So in a way you are right but it isnt because of his death that the movie is what it is, it is just the fact that he was GREAT as the Joker. I also maintain that Michael Keaton is still the best batman EVER.
However directly or indirectly it may be, it was Heath Ledger as you stated.

I guess it may have been a little bit of both.