Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2008-09 UK Basketball Schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any word on when the schedule will be out. Or any idea's of what games will be on the schedule. I am so looking forward to seeing it.
Miami, FL was supposed to be added to the schedule.
TBA TBA (Exhibition)

TBA TBA (Exhibition)

Nov 21 * Delaware State , Oakland , SE Missouri State (Findlay Las Vegas Invitational at Rupp Arena)

Nov 24 Longwood (Findlay Las Vegas Invitational at Rupp Arena)

Nov 28 vs Kansas State 9:00 PM (Findlay Las Vegas Invitational)

Nov 29 vs Iowa or West Virginia 5:00 PM or 7:30 PM (Findlay Las Vegas Invitational)

Dec 6 Miami (FL) 8:00 PM ESPN

Dec 13 Indiana CBS

Dec 20 vs Appalachian State (at Louisville Kentucky)

Dec 22 Tennessee State

Jan 3 at Louisville

TBA at North Carolina ESPN

TBA Florida Atlantic
this is the last year for North Carolina i have heard that if NC does not renew that Duke or Oklahoma State will replace them any truth to this.
North Carolina is supposed to be the first game of the year. Gillispie had a press conference yesterday and said that the schedule is complete, but the dates aren't set yet, but should be in the next couple of weeks.
I think our non-conference schedule looks really easy. I think our only tough competition will be UNC, Louisville, West Virginia, and maybe Miami. We should only lose 2 or 3 games.
It will be more like 4 or 5 non conference losses and probably 4-6 conference losses. They are no better than they were last season, probably even worse. I dont see how anyone can say they will be better.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:It will be more like 4 or 5 non conference losses and probably 4-6 conference losses. They are no better than they were last season, probably even worse. I dont see how anyone can say they will be better.
He is a real smart boy.

Atleast we will beat IU this year.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:It will be more like 4 or 5 non conference losses and probably 4-6 conference losses. They are no better than they were last season, probably even worse. I dont see how anyone can say they will be better.
I don't think I have ever met a more optimistic fan. Smile

Kentucky plays Kansas State in the first round of the tournament they are playing in Las Vegas.
Billy Clyde will have the CATS ready to play.
Hey, we might even beat UNC this year Smile
rallo316 Wrote:this is the last year for North Carolina i have heard that if NC does not renew that Duke or Oklahoma State will replace them any truth to this.

Are you sure this is the last year to play UNC? I'm pretty sure that when they started the series back about 10 years ago, that it began as a 6-game contract with the first game at Chapel Hill. I know that they then renewed the contract after it expired, but I don't know for how many years. Regardless, I would assume that the last game in the series would have to be at Rupp, since that would give each team an equal number of home games for the duration of the series.
colts12 Wrote:I think our non-conference schedule looks really easy. I think our only tough competition will be UNC, Louisville, West Virginia, and maybe Miami. We should only lose 2 or 3 games.
I wouldn't give Miami a maybe. I think Miami will be the favorite in that game, as of right now.
RavenBoy Wrote:Hey, we might even beat UNC this year Smile

and exactly what would be so funny about that?
4_real Wrote:and exactly what would be so funny about that?
because they have already won the NCAA Tourny this year.
More Cowbell Wrote:Are you sure this is the last year to play UNC? I'm pretty sure that when they started the series back about 10 years ago, that it began as a 6-game contract with the first game at Chapel Hill. I know that they then renewed the contract after it expired, but I don't know for how many years. Regardless, I would assume that the last game in the series would have to be at Rupp, since that would give each team an equal number of home games for the duration of the series.
I believe this is the final year of the contract, but Gillispie already said he was going to try like heck to renew it. He said that we are UK and that we need to play teams like UNC on a regular basis.
BCF4L Wrote:I believe this is the final year of the contract, but Gillispie already said he was going to try like heck to renew it. He said that we are UK and that we need to play teams like UNC on a regular basis.

I did some checking and found out that there will be one more game between the two, at Rupp during the '09-10 season.

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2007/08/unc...es-on.html

Since the renewal of the series 8 years ago, each team has won 4 games. This year and next year complete the latest 2-year contract.
More Cowbell Wrote:I did some checking and found out that there will be one more game between the two, at Rupp during the '09-10 season.

http://aboverim.blogspot.com/2007/08/unc...es-on.html

Since the renewal of the series 8 years ago, each team has won 4 games. This year and next year complete the latest 2-year contract.
Thanks for confirming that. I had heard 2 different stories and wasn't 100% on either. Hopefully they can get the series renewed.
RavenBoy Wrote:Hey, we might even beat UNC this year Smile

Lmao, Unc is returning everyone, because every young dumb player went to the Draft.
UNC is going to roll through most competion this year, there toughest opp. will probably be ACC rival Maryland.