Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: June Buchanan 08-09
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Does anyone know if their gonna have a team this year?

If so, will Collins play for them?
yeah i mean really , seriously they are down, why start trashing them already grow up people, they are having team and they dont look that bad, if they were terrible im sure some people would be happy, but they are kids, so let them prove themselves for once, as for Collins im pretty sure he might be ranked the number one player in the region coming in, you cant hide talent, agree he needs to work, but give the kids they got left a chance before you start the same old stuff, i actually saw them go to collins every time down the floor at sportsplex, but maybe people should give the kids a chance,
Who know's they might even be better with the Stepps off the sidelines.
If the new coaches work with Collins he will turn out being good. The real question is, Will Clint Stepp be playing for them?
Clint will play and will make a great shooting guard for a number of teams at the college level. Collins will make him a lot better by scoring on the inside and then going back outside when he is open for the 3 ball. He has been shooting it well as anyone around. Yes he may force a few shots and miss a couple in a row, but then when he calms down he can make 7 or 8 in a row quickly. They will not be a team to take lightly, they have played knott, perry and hazard all tough this summer, but summer really doesn't mean a lot around here. We will just have to wait and see if Coach Cook can keep them looking at the big picture.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Clint will play and will make a great shooting guard for a number of teams at the college level. Collins will make him a lot better by scoring on the inside and then going back outside when he is open for the 3 ball. He has been shooting it well as anyone around. Yes he may force a few shots and miss a couple in a row, but then when he calms down he can make 7 or 8 in a row quickly. They will not be a team to take lightly, they have played knott, perry and hazard all tough this summer, but summer really doesn't mean a lot around here. We will just have to wait and see if Coach Cook can keep them looking at the big picture.

Know for a fact they didnt play KCC or HAzard this summer not sure aout PCC, get your facts before you post, o yeah I heard they were at G-town and Clint turned an ankle and the left the camp and didnt play the rest of their games, if thats true nice messege to rest of team.
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Clint will play and will make a great shooting guard for a number of teams at the college level. Collins will make him a lot better by scoring on the inside and then going back outside when he is open for the 3 ball. He has been shooting it well as anyone around. Yes he may force a few shots and miss a couple in a row, but then when he calms down he can make 7 or 8 in a row quickly. They will not be a team to take lightly, they have played knott, perry and hazard all tough this summer, but summer really doesn't mean a lot around here. We will just have to wait and see if Coach Cook can keep them looking at the big picture.

If JBS is going to rely on Clint Stepps shooting to win games their in a heap of trouble.
Pretty sure that everything is going through collins this year, stepp is a hot shooter, if he's hot he will shoot, but from what they say, most things are going through collins first, if thats the case, they will only get better, we will just have to wait and see if they improve
With Chris Dump Slone on the sidelines at JBS, they will be about unbeatable.
Old Spice Wrote:Pretty sure that everything is going through collins this year, stepp is a hot shooter, if he's hot he will shoot, but from what they say, most things are going through collins first, if thats the case, they will only get better, we will just have to wait and see if they improve
Do you really believe that?
Survivor Wrote:Who know's they might even be better with the Stepps off the sidelines.
Do you really think the Stepps are not going to run the show as long as they have one of their own playing. Just wait and see who runs the show and see how many shots the other players get. Its so funny that any one thinks someone else is going to call the shots. Smile
Old Spice Wrote:yeah i mean really , seriously they are down, why start trashing them already grow up people, they are having team and they dont look that bad, if they were terrible im sure some people would be happy, but they are kids, so let them prove themselves for once, as for Collins im pretty sure he might be ranked the number one player in the region coming in, you cant hide talent, agree he needs to work, but give the kids they got left a chance before you start the same old stuff, i actually saw them go to collins every time down the floor at sportsplex, but maybe people should give the kids a chance,

Yeah I mean really....maybe he was asking a serious question as to whether or not they're going to have a team next year.Rolleyes
Old Spice Wrote:yeah i mean really , seriously they are down, why start trashing them already grow up people, they are having team and they dont look that bad, if they were terrible im sure some people would be happy, but they are kids, so let them prove themselves for once, as for Collins im pretty sure he might be ranked the number one player in the region coming in, you cant hide talent, agree he needs to work, but give the kids they got left a chance before you start the same old stuff, i actually saw them go to collins every time down the floor at sportsplex, but maybe people should give the kids a chance,
They have had the last 3 years to prove something to everyone. They have, look out for their own and not the team. Summer, summer, summer, summer ball does not mean anything.
RavenBoy Wrote:Does anyone know if their gonna have a team this year?

If so, will Collins play for them?
It seems like right now they are gonna have a team and Collins is gonna be used by them to help Clint.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Know for a fact they didnt play KCC or HAzard this summer not sure aout PCC, get your facts before you post, o yeah I heard they were at G-town and Clint turned an ankle and the left the camp and didnt play the rest of their games, if thats true nice messege to rest of team.
That is true. The rest of the boys didn't get to play anymore because Clinton said he was hurt. Their next game would have been SV.
fly on the wall Wrote:That is true. The rest of the boys didn't get to play anymore because Clinton said he was hurt. Their next game would have been SV.

Thanks for verfying that for me, that is a shame, if Clint turns an ankle in the regular season are they going to forfit the games and pay the fees until he can come back?
i dont know as there is any truth to the rumor about jbs leavin after clint twisted his ankle. Unless i am mistaken, after clint got hurt jbs played 3 more games, but i may be wrong. as far as jbs goes i think they will be somewhat of a sleeper team. Collins will be a force with his size inside, and the gaurd play of childers and stepp should keep this team right in the mix. If they can obtain another player or two to help out defensively i look for the crusaders to pull a lot of upsets. As far as coach Cook goes, from what i've seen in the JV games he appears to be a very intelligent, demanding coach. One thing that really intriques me about this team is the fact that i believe they have a coach that they're going to enjoy playing for, much like coach noble at Buckhorn, and this makes all the difference in the world when it comes to playing hard. Guess we wont know anything for sure until the season starts though!
With a big man like Collins and good guard play, a team can make a good run in the mountains! Is Josh Cook there coach?
Coach Cook was an intelligent point guard as a player, and he will be an outsatnding role model and leader as a coach. I wish him the best.
zonebuster23 Wrote:i dont know as there is any truth to the rumor about jbs leavin after clint twisted his ankle. Unless i am mistaken, after clint got hurt jbs played 3 more games, but i may be wrong. as far as jbs goes i think they will be somewhat of a sleeper team. Collins will be a force with his size inside, and the gaurd play of childers and stepp should keep this team right in the mix. If they can obtain another player or two to help out defensively i look for the crusaders to pull a lot of upsets. As far as coach Cook goes, from what i've seen in the JV games he appears to be a very intelligent, demanding coach. One thing that really intriques me about this team is the fact that i believe they have a coach that they're going to enjoy playing for, much like coach noble at Buckhorn, and this makes all the difference in the world when it comes to playing hard. Guess we wont know anything for sure until the season starts though!
JBS next game would have been Shelby Valley and they did not play them or any one else. They left because Clint said he was hurt. Cook was a great ball player, but he will not call the shots. No matter what they told him or any one else. You may not just be wrong , you are wrong.
they played two games that evening instead of valley, a team from tennessee, and team from louisville just to clear up the mess, they played two games instead of one, ,
Old Spice Wrote:they played two games that evening instead of valley, a team from tennessee, and team from louisville just to clear up the mess, they played two games instead of one, ,
I don't think so. They just left. Saw JBS as they were leaving. Why didn't they play Valley? They could have played Valley without Clint
Going to be tough. Good luck in the season.
timeout Wrote:Cook was a great ball player, but he will not call the shots. No matter what they told him or any one else.
Ill agree with that. I know Cook very well and he will be a good coach but there is no way they will let him do it his way. Collins can help JBS out alot but there is only 1 problem!:confused:
I heard that Logan Bartrum will become a Crusader.

If so, the Crusaders are a lock to win the 14th.
Who is the Cook guy who is coaching JBS?
alckuckler03 Wrote:Who is the Cook guy who is coaching JBS?

Cook will lead JBS to the promise land. He is a well experience coach at the JV level, look out for Cook to make a big impact.

Cook is a native of the Beaver-Dry Creek area, he is tough.
anklebreaker Wrote:Cook will lead JBS to the promise land. He is a well experience coach at the JV level, look out for Cook to make a big impact.

Cook is a native of the Beaver-Dry Creek area, he is tough.

Them beaver boys are mean, lean coaching machines.
Well I was at G-town camp and i saw jbs play Fern Creek and Fern Creek had a 8-10 point lead the whole until around the 3 minute mark when Clint Stepp caught fire.....he hadn't hit anything the whole game until that point. I would say he had about 8 threes in those last minutes and overtime including the 3 with .8 seconds left that won the game. I will agree that he is very streaky but when he catches fire there is no better shooter in this state
l'ville hoopstar Wrote:Well I was at G-town camp and i saw jbs play Fern Creek and Fern Creek had a 8-10 point lead the whole until around the 3 minute mark when Clint Stepp caught fire.....he hadn't hit anything the whole game until that point. I would say he had about 8 threes in those last minutes and overtime including the 3 with .8 seconds left that won the game. I will agree that he is very streaky but when he catches fire there is no better shooter in this state
It's no big deal to beat Fern Creek. Put a good guard on him and that will cool him down
Pages: 1 2