Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Billy Packer OUT at CBS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Apparently, 5 SEC National Champions (Arkansas '94, UK '96 and '98, Florida '06 and '07) in the last 14 years was too much for the lovable, hugable, shootable Packer to take. Great day for the SEC, Big 12, Big East, Big 10, Pac-10, Conference USA, MWC, Horizon Conference, Atlantic 10, ..ah, you get the pictureBig Grin ...let the ACC mourn. The *******s.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story...ateChanged
Good riddance!
Also known as anyone vs./ the SEC!
Good news to hear!!!!
it truly is a great day!!!!!
thank God.
Billy Packer = if it ain't Duke or North Carolina, I don't care Smile

If I said I'd miss him, I'd be lying.
Im very happy to hear Clark Kellogg will be taking over. I think hes one of the better color analysts out there.
now him, coach k, and dukie v can have all the playtime they want..and is jay bilas stil kicking?(hoping and praying no).lol
clipperw Wrote:Im very happy to hear Clark Kellogg will be taking over. I think hes one of the better color analysts out there.

I agree, he has that "big game" voice.
4_real Wrote:now him, coach k, and dukie v can have all the playtime they want..and is jay bilas stil kicking?(hoping and praying no).lol

I know Jay Bilas is an ex-Dookie, but I actually like him. He seems very knowledgable and articulate, and I really don't think he shows much bias, if at all.

I would take him any day over ex-Wildcat Larry Conley. He may be a Kentucky guy, but he is a terrible analyst, and to me he is often excessively critical of UK's teams.
More Cowbell Wrote:I know Jay Bilas is an ex-Dookie, but I actually like him. He seems very knowledgable and articulate, and I really don't think he shows much bias, if at all.

I would take him any day over ex-Wildcat Larry Conley. He may be a Kentucky guy, but he is a terrible analyst, and to me he is often excessively critical of UK's teams.

larry conley is just a tubby fan..he'll see the light this year..trust me..lol
Im just sooooo heart broken LOL!
This is the best news I have heard in a while.

I used to hate when UK played on CBS, now I guess I can watch those games again.
woo hoo! party in lexington
:Clap:
4_real Wrote:larry conley is just a tubby fan..he'll see the light this year..trust me..lol

Conley has been critical of UK for way longer than just this past season. It's as though he wants so bad for everyone to think that he's not a Kentucky homer, that he tries to be especially negative toward the Wildcats. But I digress...

Back to the subject of Packer, woo-hoo! I am certainly glad he is gone. I'm not real wild about the selection of Clark Kellogg as his replacement, but we can't win them all, can we?
About time!:Clap: :Clap:
This should have happened years ago!
about time.
I saw this on another forum yesterday. Still the best news I have heard in a long time.
Great News!
Coach_Owens87 Wrote:This is the best news I have heard in a while.

I used to hate when UK played on CBS, now I guess I can watch those games again.
amen:letsparty
It doesn't matter how many times I read this or hear about it... IT MAKES ME SMILE! WTG CBS!!!
Lisa Douglas Wrote:It doesn't matter how many times I read this or hear about it... IT MAKES ME SMILE! WTG CBS!!!

Im sure ACC feel the complete opposite. Billy Packer is like the Bill O'rielly of College basketball, just a blowhard liar who tries to spread his crazy agenda that the ACC is god of all sports.