Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gas Prices Causing 4 Day Work Weeks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else hear that employers are going to start going to four day work weeks for employees because of gas prices are going to keep going up?

And everybody said Bush invaded Iraq for oil, but no one ill admit that he obviously didn't do that because we're still paying out the ***.

We need to invade a Middle Eastern country for oil if we don't find a gas alternative soon, otherwise our country's infastructure could be in trouble.
BFritz Wrote:Anyone else hear that employers are going to start going to four day work weeks for employees because of gas prices are going to keep going up?

And everybody said Bush invaded Iraq for oil, but no one ill admit that he obviously didn't do that because we're still paying out the ***.

We need to invade a Middle Eastern country for oil if we don't find a gas alternative soon, otherwise our country's infastructure could be in trouble.

Another award winning rant from BFritz. Rolleyes
DevilsWin Wrote:Another award winning rant from BFritz. Rolleyes
Would you like to comment on the topic of the thread or the content of my post or just try to insult me and do the Rolleyes ?
If my job went to a 4 day work week because of the gas and oil prices, Bush will become the greatest president in the history of our country. I would gladly work 4 long shifts to get a long weekend..Big Grin
BFritz Wrote:Anyone else hear that employers are going to start going to four day work weeks for employees because of gas prices are going to keep going up?

Lets move to Canada... No really, I don't see that happening. My mother works in a hospital 8-10 days without getting a day off.
Real Badman Wrote:Lets move to canada...No really I dont see that happing My mother works in a hospitle 8-10 days without getting a day off.
There would obviously be exceptions.
IMO the 4 day work week is a good idea & a nice start. On a related topic, I can't understand why so many businesses rent office space: think of all that overhead, the gasoline employees use to drive to work, the electricity used in the building. With modern technology I don't see why the traditional office should still exist. Get your employees a laptop, networking software, & a webcam & let them work from home. Use your company's shipping account to overnight important documents. The only downside I can see is that the brilliant TV show The Office would then become an outdated concept.
I could be crazy, but I think this could work.
GB1 Wrote:IMO the 4 day work week is a good idea & a nice start. On a related topic, I can't understand why so many businesses rent office space: think of all that overhead, the gasoline employees use to drive to work, the electricity used in the building. With modern technology I don't see why the traditional office should still exist. Get your employees a laptop, networking software, & a webcam & let them work from home. Use your company's shipping account to overnight important documents. The only downside I can see is that the brilliant TV show The Office would then become an outdated concept.
I could be crazy, but I think this could work.
But then how do people seeking your services go to purchase your services, drop off what they need, pick-up finished products, or even instruct the employees on what they want or need to be done.

Also would be hard to syncronize what you're trying to do, supervise, or instruct on how to do it (alot of things are more hands-on or easier to show by example).
I was actually just proposed this no more than 10 minutes ago. I'm pretty pumped about it.
BFritz Wrote:But then how do people seeking your services go to purchase your services, drop off what they need, pick-up finished products, or even instruct the employees on what they want or need to be done.

Also would be hard to syncronize what you're trying to do, supervise, or instruct on how to do it (alot of things are more hands-on or easier to show by example).

Obviously this wouldn't work for all businesses, but I think it could work for plenty. For example, I was talking to a buddy of mine this morning, an insurance adjuster in GA, & he was driving into the office. For that type of business I could see getting rid of the traditional office. My friend gets claims via email, he's on the road constantly seeing claimants, & there's nothing he can do in the office that can't be done elsewhere.
My dad works the 4 day week and gets off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. He likes it so much more than working the 5 day week.
BFritz Wrote:Would you like to comment on the topic of the thread or the content of my post or just try to insult me and do the Rolleyes ?

The later.

The whole premise of your post is juvenile and doesn't deserve to be discussed.

You're as crazy anyone else on earth if you really believe invading another middle eastern country would solve our woes and that Oil wasn't the reason our troops(not Bush) went to Iraq.
DevilsWin Wrote:The later.

The whole premise of your post is juvenile and doesn't deserve to be discussed.

You're as crazy anyone else on earth if you really believe invading another middle eastern country would solve our woes and that Oil wasn't the reason our troops(not Bush) went to Iraq.

Ok, if we went into Iraq for oil, why are we still paying ridiculous amounts of money for gas?

If Bush is big into the oil industry in Texas, wouldn't invading Iraq for oil cut into those profits?

If Bush invaded Iraq for oil, that would mean that oil companies from the U.S. would have moved over to Iraq to have their base for getting oil, and which companies have done that?

If we went into Iraq to steal oil, then we would be coming under the prosecution of the world court and we would face sanctions; has that happened?

Quote:

You said that invading another middle eastern country wouldn't solve our oil crisis, but then you said that it was the reason that we invaded Iraq; I'm lost. Why would invading Iraq for oil solve our crisis but invading another country wouldn't? Does Iraq have better oil or something?
BFritz Wrote:Ok, if we went into Iraq for oil, why are we still paying ridiculous amounts of money for gas?

If Bush is big into the oil industry in Texas, wouldn't invading Iraq for oil cut into those profits?

If Bush invaded Iraq for oil, that would mean that oil companies from the U.S. would have moved over to Iraq to have their base for getting oil, and which companies have done that?

If we went into Iraq to steal oil, then we would be coming under the prosecution of the world court and we would face sanctions; has that happened?

You said that invading another middle eastern country wouldn't solve our oil crisis, but then you said that it was the reason that we invaded Iraq; I'm lost. Why would invading Iraq for oil solve our crisis but invading another country wouldn't? Does Iraq have better oil or something?

American companies are just now beginning to set up shop in Iraq becasue the situation hasn't been safe for them to do business until recently.
Iraq's oil infrastructure is far outdated and incredibly dilapidated.

Texas Oil Tycoons have a lot to gain from these oil interests. Do you have any idea how much of our oil actually comes from the middle east? Not much. Most of the foreign oil that is imported to the US now, comes from Canada.

The world court is a not subscribed to by most of the major world powers. Therefore it matters not what they think about the US.

Invading Iraq for oil will not help in decresing the US dependence on foreign oil or any other oil for that matter. Therefore invading yet another country for oil is not going to do anything but enrich the pockets of big oil. Oil companies will not sell oil for anything less than the maximum, and to think that increasing supply will bring down cost you are dead wrong. If they can't make top dollar they won't produce. There are oil sites all over Texas that were shut down because of low demand in the 1980s and 90s. Now they are opening those back up and selling that oil for top dollar.

It's a cycle that must be broken.
DevilsWin Wrote:American companies are just now beginning to set up shop in Iraq becasue the situation hasn't been safe for them to do business until recently.
Iraq's oil infrastructure is far outdated and incredibly dilapidated.

Texas Oil Tycoons have a lot to gain from these oil interests. Do you have any idea how much of our oil actually comes from the middle east? Not much. Most of the foreign oil that is imported to the US now, comes from Canada.

The world court is a not subscribed to by most of the major world powers. Therefore it matters not what they think about the US.

Invading Iraq for oil will not help in decresing the US dependence on foreign oil or any other oil for that matter. Therefore invading yet another country for oil is not going to do anything but enrich the pockets of big oil. Oil companies will not sell oil for anything less than the maximum, and to think that increasing supply will bring down cost you are dead wrong. If they can't make top dollar they won't produce. There are oil sites all over Texas that were shut down because of low demand in the 1980s and 90s. Now they are opening those back up and selling that oil for top dollar.

It's a cycle that must be broken.

Mexico is 3rd in importing oil to America. NAFTA has got to go ASAP.
Gas is high due to worl demand. Exxon is the largets oil company in America. Yet it is only 13th largest in the world. India and China are the main culprits for Oil costs sky rocketing. Its not so much the demand for driving but for oil based products such as plastics. There's an expected Oil shortage in 5-10 years, so speculators jack the price thorugh the roof. If we were to begin drilling heavily again would put and end to the projected oil shortage, causing oil prices to drop dramatically and quickly.

America imports the majority of its elctricity also. Need to begin oil drilling immediately to keep speculators from jacking up prices. While at the same time developing alternate sources such as nuclear and wind. The American great plains is the top spot in the world for wind power.
We all should move, America is starting to get out of control.
If anyone thinks drilling for more oil will bring prices down you are dead wrong!

If Oil companies can't make top dollar they won't drill it or refine it!

When the price goes down they'll stop drilling and stop refining.

That's why they want to drill more now! Because prices are so high they want in on the action ASAP!

Experts agree that any now drilling will take 7-10 years before any oil could be harvested. Market Speculators don't speculate that far in advance. 6 months to a year is as far as they usually speculate when trading in the market.

Also, these Oil Companies have 33 million acres right now that they have never drilled. Why not drill there before drilling somewhere else?