Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Who are Some of the Most Overrated Teams this Season?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These overrated teams are most often a product of a weak schedule or success from the previous year with major graduation loss. Coaching changes need to be added to this equation also. what teams will have a tough road this year to live up to expectations?
Warning!

No Bashing of Individuals or Teams.
Their are numerous teams that are overrated a little bit that a talked about constantly on this site.

Breathitt Co. lost a lot of starters last year, on a team that was taken care off easily by Belfry. While they may not have a bad season, i cannot see the Bobcats contending for a state title this year.

Sheldon Clark. is a team that never really lives up to expectations of its fans. They always beat the teams they're supposed to and lose to a team that is better..There hasn't been a lot of talk about them this year, but I'm sure it will start up, more than likely still with the same final season results.
I'd say Betsy Layne from all the hype that thread got from all their fans a couple weeks back.
I think there are a few teams across Kentucky who are a bit overrated because of the name of their program. Perfect example IMO is Beechwood...for some reason i just dont see them being as good as they have been in previous years. I also think there is a lot of hype surrounded the Harlan County Black Bears...they have to have a couple years to develop their program. As i said this is all opinion however...and i wish all teams the best.
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I think there are a few teams across Kentucky who are a bit overrated because of the name of their program. Perfect example IMO is Beechwood...for some reason i just dont see them being as good as they have been in previous years. I also think there is a lot of hype surrounded the Harlan County Black Bears...they have to have a couple years to develop their program. As i said this is all opinion however...and i wish all teams the best.

1. Beechwood will not be overrated this season, they bring back probably the best running back in NKY in Nieco Tiepel, they also return D1 linemen in Dominic Mainello. The Tigers will not be as good as last seasons team but they are still good enough to get to state. Will they win it? I simply don't know because LCA or Hazard will be able to compete with them in Louisville.

2. Why most have so many expectations for Harlan County is simply because of what Mercer County did a few years ago when a few schools consolidated to make that 5A school. Mercer County blew everyone in Class AA away that season except for there state final opponent Russell.
Quote: there is a lot of hype surrounded the Harlan County Black Bears...

Webster defines hype: to stimulate; to promote or publicize extravagantly.

I hope the coaches will stimulate the players and we hope to promote our team and publicize their games as to get good support in our community.

I'm lovin' the hype!!!
The Iceboxx Wrote:Sheldon Clark. is a team that never really lives up to expectations of its fans. They always beat the teams they're supposed to and lose to a team that is better..There hasn't been a lot of talk about them this year, but I'm sure it will start up, more than likely still with the same final season results.

How do you get that they will have the final season results the only 2 teams to beat them were Bell County who is a power house team and Belfry who mad it to the state championship game? We had a bunch of injury's, so what do u have to say now?
Hazard.
Ill be surprised if Harlan wins their district, let alone a state title. Crazier things have happened. If they can't win their district in 3A, things could be rough for them in 5A.
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard.

how do you figure?
jetpilot Wrote:Hazard.

hazard is definitely not overrated..
Don't we need to see some pre-season polling before we discuss who is over-rated?

Some "ratings" would be helpful.. No?
Beetle01 Wrote:Ill be surprised if Harlan wins their district, let alone a state title. Crazier things have happened. If they can't win their district in 3A, things could be rough for them in 5A.

I doubt Harlan County will be picked in any polls to win their district either, which will be motivating, to say the least, to our boys. LOL We've got a while to go before we start sizing the boys for state championship rings just yet. I think our enthusiasm has been mistaken for "hype". We are just excited over here! Do we want to win a state championship? Heck yeah! Doesn't everybody?!!!

:Thumbs:
When the word overrated in mentioned on this site the first team that comes to everyones mind is always sheldon clark...well there not in the mountain top 10...picked to finish third in their district and just no matter what this team does people on here people are always going to say that they are overrated...The boys from ol' Inez have worked their butts off this summer and if u think that their going to be as low as third in their district then u better be ready to be surprised...But besides that i just wanna ask the people who believe they are overrated how it is possible to be overrated when you are not really even rated???please just answer that one question for me
A Decent Lineman Wrote:I think there are a few teams across Kentucky who are a bit overrated because of the name of their program. Perfect example IMO is Beechwood...for some reason i just dont see them being as good as they have been in previous years. I also think there is a lot of hype surrounded the Harlan County Black Bears...they have to have a couple years to develop their program. As i said this is all opinion however...and i wish all teams the best.

Huh? All they did was win state (again) last year with a decent number of good and very good players returning this year. Why do you think they are over-rated?

A program is why Beechwood recieves the recognition and prestige. A program is more than just a year here and there of success. Beechwood has and always will be near the top of its Class regardless.
Beechwood will be a good team as always...i just dont think they will be a 15 point better team than Hazard. I believe we will make it to state to play them and it should be a Ring coming back to the mountains. Last year, Lex. Christian only lost to them by about 2 and Hazard should have been playing Beechwood. So way i see it Hazard should beat Beechwood this year. That is why I believe Beechwood to be a tad overrated having them probably Preseason #1 in Class A.
flash2 Wrote:When the word overrated in mentioned on this site the first team that comes to everyones mind is always sheldon clark...well there not in the mountain top 10...picked to finish third in their district and just no matter what this team does people on here people are always going to say that they are overrated...The boys from ol' Inez have worked their butts off this summer and if u think that their going to be as low as third in their district then u better be ready to be surprised...But besides that i just wanna ask the people who believe they are overrated how it is possible to be overrated when you are not really even rated???please just answer that one question for me

excellent point...i also was wondering icebox how the **** can you be over"RATED" if your not even RATED so lets hear how your going to answer this
Hazard
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Hazard

How are we overrated? I would really like to know. We have almost everyone returning from last years team. We have a super offense, and a good defense. Tell me where our weakness is?