Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Tony Stewart to Leave JGR at Season's End
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
"Joe Gibbs Racing announced Wednesday it has agreed to release Stewart, a two-time Cup Series champion, from the final year of his contract. In turn, Stewart is purchasing what is believed to be a 50 percent stake in Haas CNC Racing and will drive for the team in 2009."

http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headline...index.html

I personally think he will regret doing this. He has everything he has ever wanted at JGR. I hate to see him leave the team.
Ryan Newman is to be announced as Tony's teammate for 2009 with jack Daniel's as the sponsor
Cards09 Wrote:Ryan Newman is to be announced as Tony's teammate for 2009 with jack Daniel's as the sponsor
I just read that on Jayski's website. Sounds like a lot of sponsorship swaps taking place next year.
Not really a bad move on Tony's part, he has been happy with JGR but at times you must have change. For him right now it is the time for change his contract is running out, he is ready to have part ownership. To add to this it is well known that Haas CNC Racing has great if not the best equipment in the business right now they just haven't had any one big to come in to bring good sponsorships, or to really know how to set up a good car. In which both Tony and Ryan can do. IMO good move on his part but it could be rough at first.
The good thing about it is, due to owners points, Tony will be outside the top 35 to start the year, which normally would mean he would have to qualify on time. But thanks to him being a past champion, he will get a provisional insuring he makes the race.
BCF4L Wrote:The good thing about it is, due to owners points, Tony will be outside the top 35 to start the year, which normally would mean he would have to qualify on time. But thanks to him being a past champion, he will get a provisional insuring he makes the race.
Yeah but you only get 5 of those and rome wasnt built in a day. Even with a great driver like Tony its gonna be a struggle to start a new team and be part owner. The numbers speak for themselves. Bill Ellliot wasted alot of peak years in his career being an owner/driver and admits to this day how big of a mistake it was for him personaly. Im sure Tony is going to want alot of imput on how the team is run and that will take a serious toll on his performance on the track. Dont be surprised to see him be on the go or go home list this time next year. Will he right the ship? Yes but not immediately.
About time.
Merry Christmas to the guys at Haas CNC, lol..
One of the reasons he made the move was because, JGR switched to Toyota and it is well known that Stewart is a Chevy man.
Jshort5 Wrote:One of the reasons he made the move was because, JGR switched to Toyota and it is well known that Stewart is a Chevy man.
This is true JS5

Also who ever commented on he will want an instant say on how the team is ran. Well that will come sooner than expected considering the other 50% of ownership is to a man that is in Federal Prision for tax invasion Smile
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:This is true JS5

Also who ever commented on he will want an instant say on how the team is ran. Well that will come sooner than expected considering the other 50% of ownership is to a man that is in Federal Prision for tax invasion Smile

Evasion.Wink
Jshort5 Wrote:Evasion.Wink
dang it my bad lol
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:dang it my bad lol

Hey its all good, but I would like to invade where they keep the money we get taxed, well you get taxed Im not contributor to society, yet.Smile
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Yeah but you only get 5 of those and rome wasnt built in a day. Even with a great driver like Tony its gonna be a struggle to start a new team and be part owner. The numbers speak for themselves. Bill Ellliot wasted alot of peak years in his career being an owner/driver and admits to this day how big of a mistake it was for him personaly. Im sure Tony is going to want alot of imput on how the team is run and that will take a serious toll on his performance on the track. Dont be surprised to see him be on the go or go home list this time next year. Will he right the ship? Yes but not immediately.
How I do agree with you about the part of it being a struggle, you also have to remember he is basically being backed by Rick Hendrick. CNC Haas is a satellite team for Hendrick Motorsports. Haas receives engines and chasis packages from Hendrick. The only thing this team has lacked is a talented driver to get the setup right and drive the car to victory lane. If anyone in NASCAR could own a car, and succeed in their first year, it's definitely Tony.
BCF4L Wrote:How I do agree with you about the part of it being a struggle, you also have to remember he is basically being backed by Rick Hendrick. CNC Haas is a satellite team for Hendrick Motorsports. Haas receives engines and chasis packages from Hendrick. The only thing this team has lacked is a talented driver to get the setup right and drive the car to victory lane. If anyone in NASCAR could own a car, and succeed in their first year, it's definitely Tony.
Hendrick supplies engines and some tech support to Haas. Basically they are "parts cars" for HMS. Meaning they test engine parts and chassis components under race conditions for them. I dont see Rick Hendrick continuing to lend them support if their sole purpose is to beat him and who could blame him.
Stewart will have his stuggles at first but the wins will come sooner than later.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Hendrick supplies engines and some tech support to Haas. Basically they are "parts cars" for HMS. Meaning they test engine parts and chassis components under race conditions for them. I dont see Rick Hendrick continuing to lend them support if their sole purpose is to beat him and who could blame him.
Especially now that Tony owns and drives for them. I think Hendrick knows now that he will have competition from Stewart/Haas and the help will decrease in time.
BCF4L Wrote:Especially now that Tony owns and drives for them. I think Hendrick knows now that he will have competition from Stewart/Haas and the help will decrease in time.
Right and like I said who could blame him.