Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best All-Time Belfry QB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There is a poll on another web site that is asking to nominate Belfry's All-Time QB. Who would you nominate? Do you think a state title automatically gets you on the list? I personally think Floyd Hatfield in 1961 broke some incredible records as a Belfry QB. He threw like 26 TDs and Rick Kestner his TE went on to play for I believe the Dolphins or Browns. I know this is probably before your time.
Hatfield, Shawn Hager, Jimmy Bevins, Jonathan Wright....there's a few to get the talk rolling.
Dwayne Francisco.
I know it might be hard to find stats on these guys but try to give some accomplishments, records or stats to see why these guys should be considered among the best Belfry QB's of All-Time. Also, how many are still involved in football.
doj23 Wrote:There is a poll on another web site that is asking to nominate Belfry's All-Time QB. Who would you nominate? Do you think a state title automatically gets you on the list? I personally think Floyd Hatfield in 1961 broke some incredible records as a Belfry QB. He threw like 26 TDs and Rick Kestner his TE went on to play for I believe the Dolphins or Browns. I know this is probably before your time.

Rick Kestner played for the Colts.
Chuck Johnson
Doug Rutherford
Gary Smith
Have to be some of the best QB's to come through Belfry.
Dwayne Francisco is the best since the mid eighties.
hillbilly Wrote:Dwayne Francisco is the best since the mid eighties.

He's been added to the poll
Dwayne Francisco
Dwayne and now Andrew...
Dwayne Francisco....

If Elkins can earn a State Title this year he would definately be in the conversation. He has been the best at running the wishbone since Francisco, and with a State Runner-Up and a State Title under his belt it would be hard to go against him.
Johnathon Wright is the most talented true QB that Belfry has ever had.

Elkins has had success at running the bone, he also has been gifted with some of belfry most dominate O-lineman ever, he really just doesnt create any plays for himself, he good at hading it off, and making simple reads