Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 3A District 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do you see things going this year
Belfry will be 3 or 4 TD's better than SC, SC will be 3 or 4 TD's better than Pike Central, Pike Central will be 2 or 3 TD's better tahn ER and Magoffin, and Magoffin and ER will battle for the 4th spot.

Second verse..same as the first...
1. Belfry
2-5 Everyone else
Real Badman Wrote:1. Belfry
2-5 Everyone else

Is it basically going to come down to Belfry vs. Russell to see who gets to Breathitt? I don't see anyone beating them on this end.
1-Belfry just year in and year out I mean I played against them in high school and there just so strong up front I just wish that other teams in the area would get more pumped up about football like Belfry instead of waiting on basketball season, I mean if teams around this area would hit the weight room and get the coaches in the Jr. high and little leagues like Belfry then I could see people playing with the big red nation but Belfry kids also expect to win every week I mean I remember when we would play Belfry the whole week of practice I mean don't get me wrong we had game plans but we just didn't think we could win so when you go into it like that plus with Belfry being Belfry your going to get beat but I don't know what Belfry has comming back or anything but I am going to just go head and tell you that they will be district champs as always I wish I would have went to Belfry and played in school but I made the worng choice... but people around this area need to wake up if we want respect in the state instead of people at the state tournament, wanting to play the 15th, 16th regions becasue they think its going to be a easy game Belfry is really that only team in eastern Ky that is feared state wide in any sports. But they will not only win this district but if anyone comes with in 20 points of them they will be lucky.

2-Pike Central- I am going out on a limb and saying that Central will knock off SC this season, I watched the playoff game there last year PC's defense played with the SC at "The Rock", its just that coach Mac needs to sometime when the pass is not there and the spread offense is not working, theres nothing like a little Belfry wishbone and go smash mouth with belly and straight dives I mean I know PC lost a few on both sides of the ball but so did SC, but if coach Mac and Birthfield will work on the offense just a little more put a little more run were you line it up like the old days and come right at people. I'm not saying chance your O but just sometimes when the spread is not getting the job done and you got to protect. McGuire is a great running but you have to protect your QB a little more and line up and run the ball that's what I seen beat the against SC and SV in PC bowl last year but that's the only two games I got to see of them were I am a official.

3- Sheldon Clark- These kids work hard in the off-season and I could see them in the number 2 spot just as easy as PC, I guess I may be more of a fan in wanting to seen Pike Central get the first home playoff game since I played at Central but if history hold turn it wont happen PC has players but when they see that Belfry red or the Cardinal red it seems like well here we go again and that could play in SC favorite a lot but i know they lost there big all state RB but that's about all I know. I know there line is big my crew had there game against Bell Co. and played with there last year but I am not sure how many of them guys they lost up front but it seem there just like Belfry always have a 1000 yard man on the ground and a huge o-line but I am throwing my curve ball of the year and saying Central gets it done at the hawks nest this year so SC fan's I am ready for you guys to prove me wrong on this one .......Big Grin

4-5 East ridge/Magoffin Co - I am not for sure who will get this one actually my crew had this game last year, great game up at ER both teams wanted the playoff they were hard hitting and a lot of lip and late hits I mean I could keep my flag out of my pocket the whole game we even have an ejection of a player and his mom but I look for this years game to be more of the same I know the MC had a great full back and ER had a HB but I think the ER boy was a senior but its like I said if ER could get coach there and keep him and get them kids up there ready and working like the Belfry's and SC I think they could be right there but when u get new coach every other year its hard to get anything going I remember when I was a junior in HS and ER opened up everyone said they would be great and they had a good team that first year they had us on the ropes up here but we got the win but if coach Ratliff would have stayed they would have a 2 or at least 3 every year but I wish the new coach all the luck.

But in the end I see it...

1. Belfry
2. Pike Central
3. Sheldon Clark
4. East Ridge
5. Magoffin Co.
Those may be the longest sentences I have ever read.....:eek:
GO BIG BLUE23 Wrote:2-Pike Central- i am going out on a limb and saying that central will knock off SC this season i watched the playoff game there last year PC defence played with the SC at the rock its just that coach mac need to sometime when the pass is not there and the spread offence is not working there nothing like a little belfry wishbone and go smash mouth with belly and stright dives i mean i know PC lost a few on both sides of the ball but so did SC....but if coach mac and birthfield will work on the offence just a little more put a little more run were u line it up like the old day and come right at ppl i not saying chance your O but just sometimes when the spread is not getting the job done and u got to protect Mcguire is a great running but u have to protect your QB a little more and line up and run the ball that's what i seen beat the against SC and SV in PC bowl last year but that's the only two games i got to seen of them were i am a offical.

_but in the end i see it 1.belfry 2.pike central 3.sheldon clark.4 East Ridge5 Magoffin

In the end I see PC in third. I just don't believe they have come far enough to beat a team like SC. Maybe they keep it close for a little while but they do not beat SC.
Belfry will loaded once again and SC should come in second because I don't feel that Pike Central nor East Ridge has the talent to overtake the Cards. SC will be young but the talent is there and judging from their summer play coach Hager should have another good teamCool