Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: MLB All-Star Starters Announced
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
American League
C- Joe Mauer - Twins
1B- Kevin Youkilis - Red Sox
2B- Dustin Pedroia - Red Sox
SS- Derek Jeter - Yankees
3B- Alex Rodriguez - Yankees
OF- Josh Hamilton - Rangers
OF- Manny Ramirez - Red Sox
OF- Ichiro Suzuki - Mariners
DH- David Ortiz - Red Sox (*INJURED, will be replaced with Milton Bradley - Rangers)

National League
C- Geovany Soto - Cubs
1B- Lance Berkman - Astros
2B- Chase Utley - Phillies
SS- Hanley Ramirez - Marlins
3B- Chipper Jones - Braves
OF- Ryan Braun - Brewers
OF- Alfonso Soriano - Cubs
OF- Kosuke Fukudome - Cubs
Who are the starting pitchers for both teams? Did Volquez get it?
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Who are the starting pitchers for both teams? Did Volquez get it?

Volquez is definitely on the team, but I thought I read somewhere that Brandon Webb will get the starting nod.

I don't really get it, if you ask me. Volquez has had a better year up to this point, with an N.L.-leading 2.36 ERA and 11 wins, but I guess Webb gets it based on being the reigning Cy Young winner.
way to go Cubbies haveing 3 starters
More Cowbell Wrote:Volquez is definitely on the team, but I thought I read somewhere that Brandon Webb will get the starting nod.

I don't really get it, if you ask me. Volquez has had a better year up to this point, with an N.L.-leading 2.36 ERA and 11 wins, but I guess Webb gets it based on being the reigning Cy Young winner.

Does the All Star game fall on Edinson's day to pitch? That has a lot to do with it but I think I heard on a FSN broadcast the other day that that wouldn't be a concern for him.
I wonder if Adam Dunn will be in the Home Run Deby?
Adam Dunn will be the only man in the history of the HRD to swing and miss on all 10 of his outsBig Grin
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I wonder if Adam Dunn will be in the Home Run Deby?
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Adam Dunn will be the only man in the history of the HRD to swing and miss on all 10 of his outsBig Grin

Rolleyes ....Smile Smile
Or watch four of them go by and walk down to first. Seriously though, the ones that he did hit would be going a looooooooong way.
Truthfully man, Adam Dunn is playing in the wrong era. He would fit in the 70s or 80s much better than today. Back when Reggie Jackson was batting .260 with 35 homers and fans loved him because if he didnt hit it a mile, he'd strike out. Dunn would have been loved then. He is just an overpaid slugger in the bigs as it is..I like the guy, dont get me wrong, but he's not worth what he's getting paid, but then again, who is? lol..
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Rolleyes ....Smile Smile
Or watch four of them go by and walk down to first. Seriously though, the ones that he did hit would be going a looooooooong way.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Truthfully man, Adam Dunn is playing in the wrong era. He would fit in the 70s or 80s much better than today. Back when Reggie Jackson was batting .260 with 35 homers and fans loved him because if he didnt hit it a mile, he'd strike out. Dunn would have been loved then. He is just an overpaid slugger in the bigs as it is..I like the guy, dont get me wrong, but he's not worth what he's getting paid, but then again, who is? lol..

hmm??????????????? Griffey???? lmao
Isn't odd that the Reds have to DH's in our outfield. We would tear it up in the American League.Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Truthfully man, Adam Dunn is playing in the wrong era. He would fit in the 70s or 80s much better than today. Back when Reggie Jackson was batting .260 with 35 homers and fans loved him because if he didnt hit it a mile, he'd strike out. Dunn would have been loved then. He is just an overpaid slugger in the bigs as it is..I like the guy, dont get me wrong, but he's not worth what he's getting paid, but then again, who is? lol..

I agree.
Should be a good game.
Wheres Pudge Rodriquez?
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:way to go Cubbies haveing 3 starters

2 starters.......Alfonso is hurtSad ....which sucks. So David Wright made it for the 3rd straight year.
Glad to see Josh Hamilton make the team. After having a ton of rough times with drug problems early on in his career he has made a big name for himself starting out in Cincinnati and now in Texas. Reds and the Rangers got a great deal in that trade. Both Hamilton and Volquez making their respective all-star squads.