Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Thoughts on Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Pike Central this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lets hear it???
ER- May have finally found a coach that can bring them to respectability, but I expect them to really struggle alot this year.

SV- Saunders has brought this program to respectability. Lost alot from last season but should still contend for the 2 seed in the district.

PC- Probably the best of the three but I don't see them beating Belfry and Sheldon Clark, so yet another 3 seed and first round playoff exit.
1. Shelby Valley-Might struggle for the next two season. But who knows what Saunders and Branham have goin over at SV.

2. East Ridge-Brad Allen was a great hire for ER. He can and will gett he job done. I would not be suprised if ER could contend with SC for the 2nd seed.

3. Pike Central-Coach Mac will have his Hawks in fairly good shape. But its really untelling after losing as many seniors as they did this past season.
Real Badman Wrote:1. Shelby Valley-Might struggle for the next two season. But who knows what Saunders and Branham have goin over at SV.

2. East Ridge-Brad Allen was a great hire for ER. He can and will gett he job done. I would not be suprised if ER could contend with SC for the 2nd seed.

3. Pike Central-Coach Mac will have his Hawks in fairly good shape. But its really untelling after losing as many seniors as they did this past season.

whoa now calm down there chief..compete with sheldon clark for the 2 seed?
Shelby Valley lost alot of leadership last season including there entire backfield along with the Gillispie boy off the line. I'd look for Saunders to have Valley passing the ball more this season after returning a few receivers. I expect Valley to win 4-6 games next season.

East Ridge will struggle yet again this season but as everyone knows, Rome wasn't built in a day so there going to have to give a coach time build a respectable program. Expect a 1-3 win season for the Warriors, should be a dog fight between them and Magoffin for the 4 seed.

Pike Central is probably the best of the 3. The Hawks return a very good quarterback in McGuire. I believe the Hawks will get the 3 seed in the playoffs behind Belfry & Sheldon Clark. I expect to see Central winning between 4-6 games this season.
Tyler Johnson graduated from SV this year. The QB next year for SV is supposed to be Cody Varney.
kysportsguru Wrote:Tyler Johnson graduated from SV this year. The QB next year for SV is supposed to be Cody Varney.

Wasn't aware of that, thanks for the information.
Anyone know any Scrimmages between these teams?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:ER- May have finally found a coach that can bring them to respectability, but I expect them to really struggle alot this year.

SV- Saunders has brought this program to respectability. Lost alot from last season but should still contend for the 2 seed in the district.

PC- Probably the best of the three but I don't see them beating Belfry and Sheldon Clark, so yet another 3 seed and first round playoff exit.

Good assessment of each team. I agree with your predictions.

SV should battle with Bath County for the #2 seed in their district. Valley lost a lot from last year, so Bath should be the favorite. However, the regular-season game is at Robinson Creek this fall, so it should make for an interesting matchup.

As for Central, they have improved but not enough to overtake SC. Like you said, they should grab the #3 seed in their district.

ER and Magoffin will battle for the final 3A playoff spot.
Shelby Valley is the best of these 3 teams. How does everyone think Valley will do vs East Ridge in the pike co bowl.
Look for Shelby Valley to have a good season and start it off with a big win over an improved ER team.