Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK Basketball Museum Closes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Kentucky Basketball Museum has decided to close, mostly due to financial problems. All the memoribilia will be moved to the Craft Center on UK's campus.

UK Bball Museum Closes
hate to hear this.
that sucks.
Not really surprising, they've had financial problems for a while with the museum.
Was a very great place for those who don't know the history behind what Kentucky Basketball is and stands for!
This is sad to hear.
IMO this is a sign that ,for whatever reason,UK B-ball isnt as popular in this state as it once was. 15-20 years ago you wouldnt be able to get in that place.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO this is a sign that ,for whatever reason,UK B-ball isnt as popular in this state as it once was. 15-20 years ago you wouldnt be able to get in that place.
I think the more national coverage that teams get it causes a side-effect that more fans will differ to another team. I know that is my case and others from around the area and state may be UK fans but UK is second to anoth school. Back 20 years ago you didn't have this.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:IMO this is a sign that ,for whatever reason,UK B-ball isnt as popular in this state as it once was. 15-20 years ago you wouldnt be able to get in that place.

I don't think so. It's never been that popular and has had financial problems since it first opened.
seen this one coming.
That really sucks because I was planning on going before it closed. But hopefully they build a bigger and better one.
I used to work in the building with the museum and, on game days, the place was packed.... even rainy days when people came in, but that enitre center has gone down hill as far as shops and such..... if there was something close by other than the arena that would be a draw for the area, the museum may have succeeded.