Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Kentucky Teen Drowns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
State police report a drowning at Dewey Lake in Prestonsburg.
17-year-old Jordan Smith vanished beneath the surface Sunday while trying to swim across the lake.
Rescue squad members recovered the teen's body.
He went to school at Pike Central
http://www.wymtnews.com

Everyone please pray for his family and friends.. I know this has to be very hard for them
I heard of this tonight....very sad....Pray for his family and school
What a tragedy. May god bless his family.. Beef did you happen to know him.. Since he was from the Pikeville area.
Jordan went to East Ridge for a couple of years. We were in the same homeroom every year and had a few classes together. Sweet guy. He had a crush on me during like the first few weeks of school.

I heard about this when I got to school this morning. Very sad story. Please think of his family and friends.
May the Lord be with his family and the community as they go through this tradgedy.

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal. ~From a headstone in Ireland
Yeah, God bless his family especially his parents. Parents should never have to put their child in the ground. My prayers are with them.
Yeah, that kinda freaked me out once I figured it was really him (the jordan smith I knew).

This guy stayed all night with me in 6th grade like 4 times, and we rode four wheelers around. I haven't talked to him much since 8th grade, but that's because he didn't go to our school for long after that.

Sorry for his family :x

^there are no other sad emoticons
This is sad, I read about this at work today..
He will be missed. Glad I had the time with him that I did. We had good memories from freshman year and well, sad when good people die. No one deserves to die young espically.