Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: ESPN's Mark Schlabach Predicts Kentucky Football '09 in Papa Johns.com Bowl
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/columns/st...id=3458435

Predicts Kentucky vs. Rutgers in the Papajohns.com Bowl in '09
Thats awesome!
we should win also
I would much rather see my Cats in a more prestigous bowl game. Deff. not the Papa Johns Bowl and ablsoutly not the Music City Bowl. Maybe the Peach Bowl(chick-fli-a) or the Captial One Bowl. Something like that.
I would love to see them step up in Bowls as well.
Sweet as (Sugar Bowl) i can dream.
I would love to see UK get in a bigger bowl game, but I'm happy if they just win one.
I would love to see them in a big bowl game. But I would be happy with a good season and winning a bowl game. That will make 3 straight bowl wins.
A third straight bowl win of any kind would be absolutely huge for the program.
Who's their backfield?
Real Badman Wrote:I would much rather see my Cats in a more prestigous bowl game. Deff. not the Papa Johns Bowl and ablsoutly not the Music City Bowl. Maybe the Peach Bowl(chick-fli-a) or the Captial One Bowl. Something like that.

yea thats exactly what i was thinking!
I remember the days of 3-8 and 4-7...I'll take any bowl.

BTW..who is the guy from ESPN that made this prediction?
I've never heard of him.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:I remember the days of 3-8 and 4-7...I'll take any bowl.

BTW..who is the guy from ESPN that made this prediction?
I've never heard of him.

You may remember them. But that was the past. A life lesson my dad taught me...Never live in tha past, and that sounds just liek what you are doing. Anything lees then perfection is a failure in my eyes. Those days of 3-8 are over!
Real Badman Wrote:You may remember them. But that was the past. A life lesson my dad taught me...Never live in tha past, and that sounds just liek what you are doing. Anything lees then perfection is a failure in my eyes. Those days of 3-8 are over!
You have no idea where I am living and you completely missed my point.

Any bowl is a success at KY...This program is not strong enough to start dreaming of perfection.

BTW..A life lesson my Dad taught me....spell correctly.
Big Grin
FOX SPORTS Wrote:You have no idea where I am living and you completely missed my point.

Any bowl is a success at KY...This program is not strong enough to start dreaming of perfection.

BTW..A life lesson my Dad taught me....spell correctly.
Big Grin

Well friend you got me there. Spelling haha. But anyways I know Kentucky football is a long way from being perfect. But I got your point. And I respect it. I guess I just have more higher standards then you.
I think its great they have UK playing in a bowl game, but the season is still a few months away; anything can happen. Id love to see a Sugar Bowl or a Peach Bowl, but earning a bid for the 3rd consecutive year, and possibly winning would speak volumes for the job Brooks and his staff has done over the past several years. Making a 3rd straight bowl would be even more awesome considering the talent they lost. I think a bowl game is very realistic for UK this season, but as for which one, Im not sure right now.
Real Badman Wrote:Well friend you got me there. Spelling haha. But anyways I know Kentucky football is a long way from being perfect. But I got your point. And I respect it. I guess I just have more higher standards then you.
I have high standards for UK sports, I'm just realistic that KY cannot go from the bottom of the SEC to the very Top in 2-3 years...baby steps.

I'm more concerned with the declining state of UK basketball than the progress of the FB program.