Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NHRA's Kalitta dies in Funny Car crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The video footage is unreal. God Bless his family.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/nhr...id=3455554
"If I get killed in a race car it wont be a tragedy because I would have died doing what I loved"-Dale Earnhardt

Every time a driver dies I remember that quote from my favorite driver and it gave me alot of comfort when he himself died.
Im not a big NHRA fan but anyone has to respect the Kallita name and the weight it carries in motorsports so Im saddened to hear this. My Prayers go out to his family and all his fans.
I seen the footage on ESPN and it was just horrifying to see. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kalitta family and friends.
Yeah, I also seen the footage on ESPN I was shocked, my dad watched it and he said that it was one of the worst wrecks he'd ever seen. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Kalitta family.
Here is the video footage of the crash from ESPN:[YOUTUBE="Kalitta Fatal Crash"]DziJdGwFQjU[/YOUTUBE]
Great post man, and no one on this site could have said it better..Kallita will be missed by everyone involved in NHRA, and he was as big as anyone in the sport..May God bless his family through this..this is another tragic auto racing loss, but I dont believe this one could have been prevented. I dont care how safe those things are, when you burst into flames and lose control at 300mph, the result will most likely be very bad or tragic.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:"If I get killed in a race car it wont be a tragedy because I would have died doing what I loved"-Dale Earnhardt

Every time a driver dies I remember that quote from my favorite driver and it gave me alot of comfort when he himself died.
Im not a big NHRA fan but anyone has to respect the Kallita name and the weight it carries in motorsports so Im saddened to hear this. My Prayers go out to his family and all his fans.
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Great post man, and no one on this site could have said it better..Kallita will be missed by everyone involved in NHRA, and he was as big as anyone in the sport..May God bless his family through this..this is another tragic auto racing loss, but I dont believe this one could have been prevented. I dont care how safe those things are, when you burst into flames and lose control at 300mph, the result will most likely be very bad or tragic.
I agree. Racing is dangerous and always will be. I just hope there isnt any knee jerk reactions to this like there was when Earnhardt died.