Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Article about Magoffin County and East Kentucky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/washingt...entuc.html

The comment section is the worse part about this
I stopped reading halfway through the comments. You were right that was the worst part!
Having lived outside of this state in Ohio where the prejudiced people in the world reside. I formed the attittude that Im glad those people dont like us and dont want to live here and you guys should be to LOL! What made me laugh about the comment section was that the native Kentuckians were making valid points and the Californians werent smart enough to come up with a good rebuttal.
Having lived in the dead heart of racism (Columbus Ohio), and visiting over 15 states, I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to live anywhere else than here. I think I have obtained a better education here than I would have if we had not moved from Ohio. I don't care how people think we live or how our education is, EKU is one of the highest rated schools for producing teachers in the US, what does that say about us? How do you think out violent crime rate compares to other states? That also says something about us. I don't think there is a better place to live than the good ol bluegrass.
Just goes to show how ignorant some people can be. Let them believe what they wanna believe. We know what its like here, they dont.
While I do live in magoffin co, I can honestly say that I agree with everything I read. I saw that article in the Sorryville newspaper and enjoyed all of it. Anytime someone bashes magoffin co, I enjoy it. This place is awful and I too wonder where the 140 or so votes Obama got came from. If I had voted, he is who I would have voted for and I am not ashamed to say so. People in this county have to be some of the dumbest people I have ever met, as well as the most backward living people in the country. Nothing changes around here, everything is the same now as it ever was. No jobs, terrible infrastructure, more drunks and druggies than anyone can count, and so on and so forth. I mean come on people, there are more gas stations here than anything else and also the highest gas prices although its a thin line now with gas going up everywhere. But like I was saying, there are more gas stations and restaurants than any other kind of business to provide jobs. The saddest part of that is, these gas stations and restaurants hire based on who they know or how high someone is when they come in to apply. I know of one business here that has nothing but felons and drug heads working there. The only kind of entertainment around here is a stupid thing called community day. The only talent they have show up are local bands and all bluegrass at that with the exception of a few country songs thrown in at some point. Now I hear there is a nightclub being built here. Yeah, just what the county needs, another haven for drug and alcohol activity and some beatdowns at the hands of our wonderful(sarcastic remark here) sheriff and his crew of bullies. Wait, I forgot, all you need to do to avoid them is pay them alot of money or have the right name and in some instances, the willingness to do something for them to get out of trouble, that is if you are a woman, if ya know what I mean. This place is awful and if I will not shed a tear when I leave here, and wouldn't care one way or the other if the place was burnt to the ground. As you can see, I really hate magoffin co and I thoroughly enjoy when it gets bashed by other people. I have no problem with any other part of eastern ky, could be why I date a girl from floyd co and have been for the last 3 years. Sorry for all the rambling, but I never miss the chance to throw in some bashes of my own when it comes to the sorry place I call home, the wonderful world of magoffin co. May god please burn it to the ground, but wait till I'm gone to do it. I can't wait to read the responses I get from saying all this, it will be fun. Also note that I never said anything bad about any other place in this part of the state, because I have nothing against any other place.
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:While I do live in magoffin co, I can honestly say that I agree with everything I read. I saw that article in the Sorryville newspaper and enjoyed all of it. Anytime someone bashes magoffin co, I enjoy it. This place is awful and I too wonder where the 140 or so votes Obama got came from. If I had voted, he is who I would have voted for and I am not ashamed to say so. People in this county have to be some of the dumbest people I have ever met, as well as the most backward living people in the country. Nothing changes around here, everything is the same now as it ever was. No jobs, terrible infrastructure, more drunks and druggies than anyone can count, and so on and so forth. I mean come on people, there are more gas stations here than anything else and also the highest gas prices although its a thin line now with gas going up everywhere. But like I was saying, there are more gas stations and restaurants than any other kind of business to provide jobs. The saddest part of that is, these gas stations and restaurants hire based on who they know or how high someone is when they come in to apply. I know of one business here that has nothing but felons and drug heads working there. The only kind of entertainment around here is a stupid thing called community day. The only talent they have show up are local bands and all bluegrass at that with the exception of a few country songs thrown in at some point. Now I hear there is a nightclub being built here. Yeah, just what the county needs, another haven for drug and alcohol activity and some beatdowns at the hands of our wonderful(sarcastic remark here) sheriff and his crew of bullies. Wait, I forgot, all you need to do to avoid them is pay them alot of money or have the right name and in some instances, the willingness to do something for them to get out of trouble, that is if you are a woman, if ya know what I mean. This place is awful and if I will not shed a tear when I leave here, and wouldn't care one way or the other if the place was burnt to the ground. As you can see, I really hate magoffin co and I thoroughly enjoy when it gets bashed by other people. I have no problem with any other part of eastern ky, could be why I date a girl from floyd co and have been for the last 3 years. Sorry for all the rambling, but I never miss the chance to throw in some bashes of my own when it comes to the sorry place I call home, the wonderful world of magoffin co. May god please burn it to the ground, but wait till I'm gone to do it. I can't wait to read the responses I get from saying all this, it will be fun. Also note that I never said anything bad about any other place in this part of the state, because I have nothing against any other place.
Please, tell us how you really feel. Smile

It is a nice post by the way and I agree mostly with what you said. I am not from Magoffin Co, but I can tell you that some things are the same here in Prestonsburg. It's all about who you know when it comes to getting arrested and whatnot. I think it's like that just about anywhere you go though. Our towns are so small that everyone knows each other, and some get better treatment than others. But other than that, I have to agree with your post.
You will probably be the only one to agree with me. Yes I know its probably like that in alot of places, but its horrible over here, and if you visited here long enough you would find out, but I dont suggest that anyone visit here. ****, best thing to do would be to go through it as quickly as you can if you are going to lexington or somewhere like that. This is no place to live or even visit, thats why im doin all that I can to get out.
I've nearly peed my pants!!!!
Braves_Fan_26 Wrote:While I do live in magoffin co, I can honestly say that I agree with everything I read. I saw that article in the Sorryville newspaper and enjoyed all of it. Anytime someone bashes magoffin co, I enjoy it. This place is awful and I too wonder where the 140 or so votes Obama got came from. If I had voted, he is who I would have voted for and I am not ashamed to say so. People in this county have to be some of the dumbest people I have ever met, as well as the most backward living people in the country. Nothing changes around here, everything is the same now as it ever was. No jobs, terrible infrastructure, more drunks and druggies than anyone can count, and so on and so forth. I mean come on people, there are more gas stations here than anything else and also the highest gas prices although its a thin line now with gas going up everywhere. But like I was saying, there are more gas stations and restaurants than any other kind of business to provide jobs. The saddest part of that is, these gas stations and restaurants hire based on who they know or how high someone is when they come in to apply. I know of one business here that has nothing but felons and drug heads working there. The only kind of entertainment around here is a stupid thing called community day. The only talent they have show up are local bands and all bluegrass at that with the exception of a few country songs thrown in at some point. Now I hear there is a nightclub being built here. Yeah, just what the county needs, another haven for drug and alcohol activity and some beatdowns at the hands of our wonderful(sarcastic remark here) sheriff and his crew of bullies. Wait, I forgot, all you need to do to avoid them is pay them alot of money or have the right name and in some instances, the willingness to do something for them to get out of trouble, that is if you are a woman, if ya know what I mean. This place is awful and if I will not shed a tear when I leave here, and wouldn't care one way or the other if the place was burnt to the ground. As you can see, I really hate magoffin co and I thoroughly enjoy when it gets bashed by other people. I have no problem with any other part of eastern ky, could be why I date a girl from floyd co and have been for the last 3 years. Sorry for all the rambling, but I never miss the chance to throw in some bashes of my own when it comes to the sorry place I call home, the wonderful world of magoffin co. May god please burn it to the ground, but wait till I'm gone to do it. I can't wait to read the responses I get from saying all this, it will be fun. Also note that I never said anything bad about any other place in this part of the state, because I have nothing against any other place.

At least your honest.