Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boston Celtics: World Champions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Boston records its 17th championship as Paul, Allen, and Garnett get their first title. Well deserved.
The big 3 really deserved it them 3 have worked too hard in the careers to not win the championship but I have a feeling that this will not be the last time that these 2 teams meet in the finals.
i was for the for the lakers [there my favorite team] but yes the celtics did deserve it...both teams played there hearts out...gotta give credit to both teams
Rondo got a ring!!
I'm very glad to see the Celtics win the championship. I enjoyed seeing some of the Celtic legends from the past join in the celebration after the game.
colts12 Wrote:Rondo got a ring!!

WHOOO!!!!!!!!!:rockon:
Rondo played unreal.. He is def. one player I would pay to watch! Even if he didn't go to Kentucky!
Been waiting a long time for this! Love the Celtics and glad a UK player could represent.
All's well, the Celtics got a VERY deserving world championship win and RONDO GOT A RING:rockon:
So Rondo gets a ring...Tayshaun has a ring now...Other UK players from the last 10 years have played vital roles on NBA teams, but Tubby didn't recruit?

Yeah, Rondo left because he and Tubby just weren't cutting it together, but Tubby saw the talent that many UK fans a few years ago didn't.

Congrats Rondo! He showed what kind of player he can be after getting benched in Game 5 to come back and play has well as he did last night.

The C's are my favorite NBA team. It was awesome to see'em celebrate on the floor first instead of going to the locker room. Russell/Garnett exchange was awesome with Garnett telling Russell, "I got my own" (reference to his own NBA ring).

For the first time since the Jordan era in Chicago, the NBA is back with a team people can relate to and enjoy watching. What a story the Celtics made this season.
C's got banner #17. It was so exciting to see Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett all hugging their coach and celebrating like little kids on getting their first title. They all sacrificed their individual games to come together and lead the way to a title and thats just what they did. They understand that they are running out of time to win the ultimate prize but they finally got it. IMO this won't be the last time Boston will be in the NBA Finals, and I hope everytime they make it the play the Lakers. Reason being because I want to tell my kids about the Celtics Lakers rivalry just like my Dad did when he was young. Just like Tayshaun Prince, Rondo got a ring in his second year in the Association and Im very proud of him. He really stepped his game up in game 6 and will be the legit future PG for the Celtics. Great time to be a Boston fan, Red Sox defending world champs and now the Celtics defending world champs! Congrats.
This is one of the best games I have seen the Celtics play. Their bench players stepped up and showed what they are made up. All the players deserved an MVP award.
Way to go Celtics and way to go Rondo! Rondo played great and I am happy he got a Ring.
rondo will be hosting a elite basketball camp in lexington this summer.
Unless something happens I think that they will win another one or two championships.
This is awesome I really glad that my Favorite player finally got a ring in only his second year in the NBA, but what im most excited for, is because Allen,Pierce, and Garnett finally have a ring of there own! I predicted Pierce to get NBA Finals MVP which he did, but Im really glad for Garnett, I have never seen anyone in the NBA thats play as hard and I love how he plays with tons of emotion! I dont see that to much in a Basketball game!
RedSeal Wrote:This is awesome I really glad that my Favorite player finally got a ring in only his second year in the NBA, but what im most excited for, is because Allen,Pierce, and Garnett finally have a ring of there own! I predicted Pierce to get NBA Finals MVP which he did, but Im really glad for Garnett, I have never seen anyone in the NBA thats play as hard and I love how he plays with tons of emotion! I dont see that to much in a Basketball game!

Don't see it at all in the NBA. KG plays with so much intensity and passion. It's very rare that your high energy player is one of your best players and thats what Garnett is.
Congrats Boston. Yet again there is a Boston world champion.
-STAT- Wrote:Don't see it at all in the NBA. KG plays with so much intensity and passion. It's very rare that your high energy player is one of your best players and thats what Garnett is.

Yeah....that is why he is my favorite player.