Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Preseason Mountain Top 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
BlueBells Wrote:I like Zachary from Bell Co as QB. This looks good.

Bell should have a lot of weapons. All of those kids know that program from the inside out. They start the basics of the High School offense and defense in pee-wee.
1. Belfry
2. Bell County
3. Johnson Central
4. Pulaski County
5. Hazard
6. Breathitt County
7. Prestonsburg
8. Harlan County
9. Letcher Central
10. Clay County
Matney's Prodigey Wrote:East Ridge as a possible shocker? The only thing that will be shocking about East Ridge is if they win a game this year.

Your probally right. But then again you might not be right. All I know is im hearing good things from my friend Brad Allen. Theres no doubt IMO they can win atleast 5-6 games eaisly.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Just to clarify...the road wasn't easy to highlands. We earned it by beating a clay co team that was loaded. We played our district and we won our district going undefeated. Not a easy thing to do. We beat clay co at home.

personally i wasnt that impressed by clay county when we scrimmaged them, we beat them by 3 td's..but that was a scrimmage. I know alot can change throughout the course of a season.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record:
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Breathitt County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Hazard
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel

I like this list, except I would probably flip-flop Letcher and Hazard. Otherwise, I think you're right on it.
Lots of good teams in the mountains, led by Bell and Belfry. The second group in no order include Letcher, Clay, Johnson Central, and Breathitt.
The second tier includes Corbin, Hazard, Harlan C, and Knox.
On the bubble includes Whitley and P-burg.
IntheZone Wrote:Sheldon Clark has to be somewhere near the top 10 there going to be better than people think i would say
You really need to put Scheldon Clark in your top ten because there always good and there gonna be great this year.
sc74 Wrote:You really need to put Scheldon Clark in your top ten because there always good and there gonna be great this year.

Sheldon Clark is not one of the top 10 teams in the mountains this season. Last year with a healthy Dials they were probably in the 6-10 range, this year they will not be as good.
SC will be as good as last year if not better. Kelly can pick up where Dials left off. QB is looking really good. They have several great receivers. Very talented with skill players. Defense will be tough. SC will supprise this year.
1. Belfry
2. Bell Co
3. Johnson Central
4. Prestonsburg
5. Hazard
6. Breathitt Co.
7. Rockcastle
8. Letcher Central
9. South Laurel
10. Middlesboro

The mountain could have three teams in the state championship game. Belfry, Prestonsburg and Hazard.
Hail Mary Wrote:SC will be as good as last year if not better. Kelly can pick up where Dials left off. QB is looking really good. They have several great receivers. Very talented with skill players. Defense will be tough. SC will supprise this year.

Will SC defeat Belfry? Will SC defeat Bell County?
Did not say they would beat Belfry or Bell Co. Just seems like they are getting put down this year. Losing 2 key players is not a lot. 90% of their starters were soph. and Jrs. Key to their success with be to stay injury free.
I read in one thread that since its 1A its weaker scheduale, well that is not the case alot of 1A teams play really tough teams in their non-district games. Raceland plays Ashland, and Russell and are going to scrimmage JC this year, so dont say 1A teams have weak scheduales just because of their class.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:I read in one thread that since its 1A its weaker scheduale, well that is not the case alot of 1A teams play really tough teams in their non-district games. Raceland plays Ashland, and Russell and are going to scrimmage JC this year, so dont say 1A teams have weak scheduales just because of their class.

I agree,

Hazard is playing a real hard schedule this year with Green County,Johnson Central and Grayson County Virgina (which someone said was the 9th best team in the state.) So that is a pretty difficult schedule. I also forgot Perry Central but i dont know how good they are going to be this year but i believe they will be ok.
Also most 1A schools dont have all the talent that bigger schools have yet there still getting the job done.
I want to apologize for the comment about Grayson County being the # 9 ranked team in Virgina. I can not find any information on them at all. So if anyone can help me please do so.
herd_fan_1 Wrote:I read in one thread that since its 1A its weaker scheduale, well that is not the case alot of 1A teams play really tough teams in their non-district games. Raceland plays Ashland, and Russell and are going to scrimmage JC this year, so dont say 1A teams have weak scheduales just because of their class.
I agree Id put Pikevilles non district schedule (Corbin,@ashland,@Lexcath,Belfry,@P-Burg) up against anyones.
Patriot Wrote:I know I have heard something about UK looking at Clay's QB and I am pretty sure I have seen something in the M'Boro newspaper about UK having some interest in Hunter Adams. I wonder if at Breathitt one of the Fugates will move to QB and they run options a lot?
Jade Haddix is the QB.Channing Fugate is a HOSS.Going to be hard to stop if the line steps up.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:personally i wasnt that impressed by clay county when we scrimmaged them, we beat them by 3 td's..but that was a scrimmage. I know alot can change throughout the course of a season.

You were beaten by Perry County though so you can't go on a scrimmage.
Hail Mary Wrote:SC will be as good as last year if not better. Kelly can pick up where Dials left off. QB is looking really good. They have several great receivers. Very talented with skill players. Defense will be tough. SC will supprise this year.
Yeah the whole team has worked there selve's to death during the off season and got so much stronger so we have it in us to beat every team on our schedule this year including bell and belfry.
Don't know if they will be that good, but better than what people think.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Johnson Central
4. Breathitt County
5. Hazard
6.Letcher Central
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel
Sheldon Clark in my mind is a bubble team until they prove thereselves because with kelly comeing off a knee injury idk if he will beable to take the pounding that dials did last season....also in losing almost 80% of there offinsive production it will be intresting who will step into the roll and pick up the slack but saying that there D is going to be very good returning all but 1 starter in hensley...but they will be fine because i no there will be people to step up and fill in nicely and with the turtle they will be great
IntheZone Wrote:Sheldon Clark in my mind is a bubble team until they prove thereselves because with kelly comeing off a knee injury idk if he will beable to take the pounding that dials did last season....also in losing almost 80% of there offinsive production it will be intresting who will step into the roll and pick up the slack but saying that there D is going to be very good returning all but 1 starter in hensley...but they will be fine because i no there will be people to step up and fill in nicely and with the turtle they will be great

Excellent take...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record:
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Breathitt County
4. Johnson Central
5. Letcher Central
6. Hazard
7. Pburg
8. Corbin
9. Rockcastle County
10. South Laurel

i dont think that breathitt or johnson should be in front of pburg..and i definitely dont think letcher should.
1)Paintsville
2)belfry
3)Pikeville
4)johnson central
5)Breathitt County
6)p-burg
7)clay co
8)South Laruel
9)corbin
10)Middlesboro
THUGLIFE#1 Wrote:1)Paintsville
2)belfry
3)Pikeville
4)johnson central
5)Breathitt County
6)p-burg
7)clay co
8)South Laruel
9)corbin
10)Middlesboro

Obviously the THUGLIFE has taken its toll.
1. Belfry
2. Bell
3. Johnson Central
4. Breathitt
5. Hazard
6. P-burg
7. Letcher Central
8. Rock
9. Sheldon Clark
10. Clay Co.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i dont think that breathitt or johnson should be in front of pburg..and i definitely dont think letcher should.

You have your chance to justify the Bretahitt part of that early on. I am basing my predictions off of who is returning what based on their performance from last season. Breathitt was a 3A Semi-Finlaist who's only loss came to Belfry they defeated Russell and dominated every other team, JC was a 3A Quarterfinalist who only lost to Belfry, Woodford County, and Lincoln County in 5A and defeated several quality teams, LCC only lost their season opener to Hazard and to 5A State Champion Highlands....

Pburg returns a great team, but their resume was less than impressive last year finishing with a loss to a Desales team that is nowhere near the same league as any of the three afforementioned teams.
1 Bell
2 Belfry
3 Hazard
4 Pulaski County
5 Letcher Central
6 Prestonsburg
7 Johnson Central
8 Breathitt County
9 Middlesboro
10 ClayCounty
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7