Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Next coach as LC?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know who the new coach will be at Lawrence County?
I am guessing Travis Feltner. Seeing how he has been there for the past 10 or 11 years as an assistant. I know that always doesn't mean everything, but I think it would be pretty dirty if they didn't give it to him.
I also look for Feltner to be the new skipper at LC, I do know that one of the other assistants is leaving to be the assistant head coach at Pikeville College though next season.
It's only right that Coach Feltner take over.
yea it would be only fair if Coach Feltner got the Job at LC! and not to mention he deserves the coaching job, he has been an assistant at LC for 11 years!
I'd be willing to be my bank account on it. Of course, I wouldn't lose very much if I were wrong.. lol, but still I'd do it. Travis Feltner is the next head coach of Lawrence County Baseball.
RedSeal Wrote:yea it would be only fair if Coach Feltner got the Job at LC! and not to mention he deserves the coaching job, he has been an assistant at LC for 11 years!

Yeah Feltner def. deserves the job. He is a very passionate coach and you can really tell he loves what he does. Just about any day you drive by the baseball field you will see him there working on the field and trying to improve it any way he can. IMO he is one of the better coaches that I have ever seen. I think he is one of the better ones in the state.
Money Maker Wrote:Yeah Feltner def. deserves the job. He is a very passionate coach and you can really tell he loves what he does. Just about any day you drive by the baseball field you will see him there working on the field and trying to improve it any way he can. IMO he is one of the better coaches that I have ever seen. I think he is one of the better ones in the state.

I will agree with you on most parts, but working on a field and coaching are two different things. There is no doubt he will get this job, and he does deserve it. He works as hard as any coach in the state, and he has one of the nicest fields in the state as well. Who knows what he will do as far as X's and O's go? I hope he does well, but LC will always be competitive with just how hard he works because most of the coaches in the 15th region do not work a fraction of what he does.
Do not put a spin on it JRS, Travis is top notch.
it would be dumb to even consider anyone else for head coach other than feltner...
HE's LC best choice
Does he teach in the school system?
HOPE Travis Feltner gets the job!! He deserves it !!!
Can't imagine anyone but Coach Feltner getting the job but stranger things have happened.
Does anyone think Ben Maynard may sneak in and get the job? He's a Lawrence grad.
Sponge Bob Wrote:Does anyone think Ben Maynard may sneak in and get the job? He's a Lawrence grad.

NO! Travis Feltner will get the job more than likely! the chances of Travis Feltner getting the job is like 98% to 2%
Feltner should get the job, and will get the job. One reason, he deserves it. Another reason, the school system cannot bring in a coach and "create" a position for them to teach. So the next coach will come from those teachers who are already in the LC school system.

Regardless, can someone tell me a person who deserves this job more than Coach Feltner? This should be the shortest interview process in the world, in my honest opinion.
dawgeers Wrote:Feltner should get the job, and will get the job. One reason, he deserves it. Another reason, the school system cannot bring in a coach and "create" a position for them to teach. So the next coach will come from those teachers who are already in the LC school system.

Regardless, can someone tell me a person who deserves this job more than Coach Feltner? This should be the shortest interview process in the world, in my honest opinion.

There is no doubt that he has definetely put in his time and hard work to deserve this job. I think I read where it was his 11th year as an assistant. That is a long time to be an assistant and not move up. I don't know anyone that would have stayed at one place for that long as an assistant. It would be tragic if he didn't, but like you said, with the school system in the shape that it is in, there is no other option than to make him the new Head Coach. They might as well go ahead and do it now.
Feltner should get the job.
Feltner has put in the time and hard work. The job is his.
Was he the coach that was ejected in the state finals? if so then yes sir anyone that stands up for the kids the way he did on a stage like that in the state championship game he should for sure get the job he made a stand for the 15th when the umps wouldnt down there and i know a little thing or two about umpiring and the about let that one get away from them with letting PRP taut the way they did...but if its the assistant that got threw over takeing up for his kids then a guy that has passion like that for his players and taking up for them give him the job.....
He was definately fired up at Applebee's park, give him the job!!!!